View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:51 am

Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Bastogne church 
Corporal

Any news on this? Once again the expected release date has come and gone and no word on when it will be released.

It is not listed on the August releases.

I have had this pre ordered since it was first announced.

Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:07 pm
Technical Sergeant

From the Boss Man himself:

Quote:
just because I can. I have just received confirmation that the bastonne church will be delivered to the usa office tomorrow or at the latest Friday. yippee i'm so happy

yes I know its not in july but 2 days into august. we will turn these around asap.

uk will be in their office Friday or maybe Monday same deal turn these around asap.

nz office receive them either today or tomorrow

cheers jm

Check the Products form on FoW site for...well, nothing more since that's the whole quote.

Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:09 pm
Technical Sergeant

That's right that was supposed to be July.

edit: from JM on BF forum

"just because I can. I have just received confirmation that the bastonne church will be delivered to the usa office tomorrow or at the latest Friday. yippee i'm so happy

yes I know its not in july but 2 days into august. we will turn these around asap.

uk will be in their office Friday or maybe Monday same deal turn these around asap.

nz office receive them either today or tomorrow

cheers jm"

Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:32 pm
Profile WWW
Sergeant

I hope I get mine, I ordered it last December...

Seriously thinking of ditching FOW and going over to Battlegroup.

Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:06 pm
Staff Sergeant

I ordered mine on the 20th of November 2012.

Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:09 pm
Private

I am afraid there is some news (just received by email)...

Quote:
Dear Valued Customer,

I wish I was communicating to you today to share with you good news but unfortunately I have to be the bearer of bad tidings. After working so hard with our manufacturing partners in China this past year to improve the quantity and maintain quality at the same time on our Battlefield in a Box range I was angry and disappointed to discover today that the delivery of our first premium house, the Bastogne Church, that has literally just arrived around the world in all our offices is well below the expected quality level.

The castings of the model are fine but the paint jobs are so bad I cannot fathom how this has happened. After thinking it might be just a few we checked the deliveries in each office and have unfortunately found nothing to suggest this terrible lapse in quality is across the board. I have a few images below to show you just what we are talking about and given you are probably an owner of some our range already you will quickly see just how bad these are. They are not even close to the master sample we approved and even the dry brushing shade is the wrong colour so something has seriously gone wrong with our run.

Working in China certainly has its issues but we have had relationships with two companies these past five years that we use for the larger scale items that we cannot make ourselves and everything from Gothic buildings to woods have come out as expected. Given the long timelines and payment up front you must make to do anything in China there is always a risk that what you paid for is not what you get but having spoken to the owner of the plant who did this job even he was stunned looking at the images at what has happened. We have already agreed that the run is to be returned for re-painting which will delay the release of this model now for almost two months. We also agreed that I will now be sending one of my senior managers from our own factory in Malaysia to inspect the future shipments before they leave. This will not impact future planned releases in this range as they will be now be checked thoroughly before they leave so I see no reason why number two onwards will not arrive as scheduled.

You have made a serious commitment to us for a subscription and we are not happy with the idea that you wait for another eight weeks so we will instead be making a new small run of buildings immediately and having them air-freighted out to us for shipment to you. This is the fastest way I have at my disposal to get you the model you have paid for in good faith assuming we would deliver to you as agreed.

Based on the information I have right now this will take another three to four weeks to get made, painted and shipped so right now to be safe I will say that we will get you your Bastogne Church in the first week of September at the latest and if it looks like it will be sooner we will let you know straight away.

We will be making this public tomorrow as we communicate with our stores and the world at large but I felt it only right for you to find out directly from me before the news breaks.

I know this is frustrating and I can only end by saying on behalf of myself and the company we are very sorry and regret that this failure diminishes your trust in us and our reputation that we have worked so hard to earn.

Regards,

John-Paul Brisigotti

Managing Director

Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:03 pm
Technical Sergeant

Blogged

Unfortunate, but thanks for the info Yllanes! I gave you a shout out over at my blog.

Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:30 pm
Profile WWW
Well, dang. :|

Nice to be informed about these matters, though.

Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:39 pm
Major

While not optimal, I am glad that JP is coming down on the side of quality.

Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:20 pm
Profile WWW
Sergeant

I just got the email and I agree that the finish is well below par. fair-play to them for letting us know, but I would be willing to wait the 8 weeks as long as I know I would get one.
Jon

Seriously thinking of ditching FOW and going over to Battlegroup.

Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:55 pm
Technical Sergeant

was there a picture or anything in the email?

Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:58 pm
Profile WWW
Private

Yes there were a couple of pictures (it really looked horrible). I haven't posted them because they said they will put it up on their website.

Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:38 pm
First Sergeant

Looks like we all got the same email.

I am bummed, but I am happier with this than receiving a church that looks really, really bad. But the dates sound a bit off to me. If the turn around was 4 weeks, why has the church been delayed for so long? I am sure there is a reason (and a good one), but the "first week in September at the latest" seems optimistic to me.

Again, great to get in front of this the way BF has done. Kudos for that!

Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:26 pm
Profile WWW
Technical Sergeant

I haven't gotten the email yet... will need to check that spam filter... Personally I'd rather have it "done right"...

Miniature Ordnance Review - http://miniordnancerev.blogspot.com/

Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:46 pm
Private First Class

Just received the e-mail, guess it came into the inbox about 5hrs ago.
I cannot say that I am very surprised, I suppose this is why I received a house called Dresden unless that was part of the house subscription. I am starting to loose track and interest.

In every subscription there is something that has gone amiss. First, there were too many orders, now there is a quality issue.
Don't get me wrong they are nice pieces but I am starting to wonder.

Fact is that I will start to be a bit more prudent in preordering. Unless its instock I will not be interested anymorel

Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:48 am
Sergeant

Just got the email myself recently. Disappointing but not entirely surprising. They're trying to cut the margins as close as they can go with these and they're subcontracting out to factories in China they have only indirect links with. I'll live with waiting longer, my original thought was pay for it all up front then forget about it and be pleasantly surprised when buildings show up.

Also, people wanted to see the picture.

Last edited by Fatalcrash on Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:05 am
Technical Sergeant

Honestly what everyone is seeing that supply chain management and quality systems are non-trivial - in fact, they're actually very challenging fields. Where I work we have dedicated departments that do quality and supply chain... and they're not small departments. Unfortunately Battlefront is small potatoes with a equally small staff... so I really doubt they have the sort of resources to put on it.

I honestly don't know where Battlefront's margins sit - they're probably typical for a company their size - but I think the bigger problem is the release schedule and stocking system is a JIT (just in time) system. That works well when you know you're going to get your product on time, and it is going to meet quality and usability standards. However, if there are no control systems in place beyond checking them out when they hit the warehouses, JIT is just not going to work.

Miniature Ordnance Review - http://miniordnancerev.blogspot.com/

Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:12 am
Private First Class

those are truly horrible and I am SO glad I got an email and not that monstrosity...I will wait

Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:16 am
Private

Was this the first house to ship as part of the new sub? I haven't received any yet?

Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:10 am
Sergeant

Happy to wait.

http://www.stormtroopermove.blogspot.ca/

Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:14 am
Profile WWW
Staff Sergeant

To bad you couldnt get a plain one and paint it yourself. I have the monastery that is a prototype and it is plain resin.i wonder what would you use to strip the paint? Because i was wanting to buy one.Now i guess i will wait on the ruined one.

Last edited by col.krazy_kenny on Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:52 pm
Profile WWW
Captain

Very unfortunate. BF really had no choice but to redo, so I'm a bit hesitant to give any praise for them not accepting these. Could you imagine the riot that would have ensued if these had showed up at subscribers' doorsteps?

Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:20 pm
Profile WWW
First Sergeant

Tom,

Riots. But I always want to be positive when someone or a company does something "right." Maybe they really didn't have a choice, but I still want to lead with positives. After all, I can always be negative later! ;)

Allen

Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:28 pm
Profile WWW
Technical Sergeant

IMHO, Battlefront did right here. They came out in front of the story, were honest, pulled the product sent out pics and told us how they were going to fix it. Does it suck that they got a bad batch of product? Hell yes, the QC guy at their factory should be fired. And I'm totally disappointed that I'm not getting my church. But I'm happy to wait knowing that BF is being up front about the issue.

Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:00 pm
Profile WWW
Private

It looks like it needs a good power washing. :) thanks for update and attention to detail on quality.

Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:03 am
Reply to topic   [ 41 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next