View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:17 am

Reply to topic  [ 366 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
Introduce yourself here! 
Private

Coot

50 something and still plying with little army men. I hope I don't have to grow up. I play British Mid and Late war, and am working of Mid war (North Africa) Germans.

Been hanging around for a year or so and Signed up for Overlord a few weeks ago, but I disappeared. So I registered again. Got blow up some tanks and bunkers, it's safer than blowing up at the wife.

Any one in Riverside Ca want to play a semi nub drop me a PM or an email.

Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:51 pm
Private

Hi all, I'm Andy. Live in Christchurch, NZ with the wife and kids. Played WH and WH40K years ago, am getting back into wargaming with FoW. I currently have German Grenadiers for LW; I'm tossing up between British armour (7AD or Polish 1st armoured) or Russian armour as an opponent for them.

Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:41 am
Private

Hello world. I'm completely new to Flames of War but not to miniatures. I'm 29 and I've been gaming since 13. I live in Germantown, MD and tend to play at Dropzone Games in Glen Burnie when I have the chance to get out (and drive an hour each way). I'm starting with the Open Fire! box set so I've chosen a British Armored Squadron out of Market Garden as my first army. I always appreciate gentle nudges in the direction of a successful army and the best way to paint 15mm (I've only done 28 and 32).

Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:32 am
Private

Hello, I am David, a Spanish wargamer currently living in Rome. I am an avid FoW player, with large US, German and Soviet collections (in this order), some Italians and a lot of unpainted Brits.

I have been following WWPD for a while, but have only just registered.

Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:21 am
Private

Hi Guys, I'm Mike, I'm 33 years old and come from Spain. I'm going to play Americans for Overloard campaign.

Flames of war is the best

Nice to meet you, see you on tabletops

Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:47 pm
Private

Hey everyone! I'm Nigel Turk, a student at the University of Illinois.

I love games - board games, card games, role-playing games, you name it! More than any of the others, though, I love wargames. I've been interested in quite a few, but Flames of War is the first game I've actually gotten serious about and really intended to play... now I just need to find people to play it with! I play in Illinois, primarily the Peoria and Champaign/Urbana areas, but I wouldn't be opposed to heading over to Bloomington from time to time during the school year.

I'm also dabbling in X-Wing and, if I ever fine myself with an abundance of money and time (ha!), Bolt Action looks interesting.

WWPD looks fantastic! I'm excited to be a part of a Flames of War community, even when I'm apart from the game itself.

Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:45 pm
Private

Hi there...

My name is Jesper and I am from Denmark!

Been playing miniature games since 1986 and after too many years I finally have put most of my GW Collection to rest, think I am done with there games, best they have is The Hobbit and hartly any plays it here in Denmark.

I am addicted to Tottenham Hotspur, Heavy metal and miniature games :)

Currently I play mostly FoW Early war (in our Club we play a period for a hole year) I also play Saga, X-wing and currently I try to resist the impossiple by not buying any Bolt Action :D

Play well!!

Sun Jul 14, 2013 1:12 am
Private

Since I've started posting here today, perhaps an introduction is in order. :)

My real name is Andy, and I live in St. Louis, Missouri. I used to play Flames of War (and maybe someday I will again), and one or two of the guys here *might* remember me (hello Iron Tom). I'm currently in various stages of assembly, painting, or drooling over: By Fire & Sword, Bolt Action, and Saga. I suffer from a severe case of "ooh, shiny!" syndrome, however, so tomorrow I might be off on something completely different. :D

Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:31 pm
Profile WWW
Private First Class

Hey guys,

New FOW player in Spain (Barcelona) but a seasoned overall gamer (GW, DBA, WM/H, Malifaux and Spartan Games).

Currently building US Armoured (4th and 7th) and Airborne. Next projects (already started), Mid War and Late Finns and Late War Brits (most probs 7th)

Call me wadders and I have instagram as well (miniaturepainterbcn)

Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:36 pm
Corporal

Hello all:

Pat from Central Pennsylvania. 50 years old and just starting in the world of miniatures. I love the modeling aspect and the strategy of the game. It is kind of like free for all chess on steroids. Just wish I could find more players in my area.

My family (wife/son) raise American Quarter Horses on a small farm. I work away during the day at a town job to pay for the farm, lol.

See ya,

Skip

Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:26 pm
Private

I'm Ray, a 47yo "rocket scientist", currently in Alabama. I'm a gamer from way back, but usually I prefer battles where I need a sharp rock to make my firearms work.

Like my handle says, I'm the S-1 (staff puke for manpower/personnel) for my boys, David & William. One is a gung-ho nationalist who only wants to be US Army. The other will play anything that puts him in opposition to his brother. I'm stuck in the middle, and the only one who really wants to do early war stuff.

So far, we are working on a US Rifle Company, reinforced with a platoon of M4's and one of M36's, and a Volksgrenadier Company. There is also a pile of miscellaneous armor, including my swarm of Matildas for the Battle of Arras.

Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:49 am
Private

Hi, I´m Walter, 56, from Austria.
Founder and head of the Comitatus Wargames Club in Oberndorf near Salzburg.
Professional gamesmaster and storekeeper (Silent Night Games).
Playing wargames and collecting miniatures since the early 1970´s.
In have armies for: Flames of War, Field of Glory, By Fire and Sword, Bolt Action, Lily Banners, Old West, but also Warhammer Fantasy and 40K, and many more.
Our Club stages a lot of events, like the Austrian Salute or the Flames-of-war-Events, but also tournaments for the non-historical sections.
Guests are always welcome.

Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:29 pm
Private

Hello, every one!

My name is Gary, age 64, and retired aeronautical engineer, now living in San Diego, Ca.
I've been collecting 1/72 military models, (mostly WWII ground, but some WW I planes), since I was 12.
I have always been fascinated with the idea of actually gaming with them.
I have had a copy of "Battle - Practical Wargaming", by Charles Grant, since the mid-70's!

Just 'discovered' Flames of War in Sept 2013, (courtesy of my son).
I discovered this site in particular, a few weeks later.
I must say, this place is awesome, as are you people!

My other hobby interests are:
Fantasy figure gaming, (Warhammer Wood elves); video games of Morrowind (complete series); and Lord of the Rings online;
video games of Close Combat (the complete series set), Company of Heroes (original); Company of Heroes - Blitzkreig (Steam);
and model railroading (N Scale). (How did that last item get in there???)

I'm looking forward to a long stay here!

Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:34 am
Private

Hello, AJ from Sweden here. Been playing FoW since January of 2013. Before that it was Warhammer 40K that had my interest. Love the history settings of Flames of War. Always been interested in history and military history primary.

Aside from mini gaming I like to play PC games, downhill skiing, cross country skiing, golfing, beach volleyball.

Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:24 pm
Private

Hiya, I'm Tom, 26 from Hertford, UK and recently become a father to my first son Felix. I've been playing wargames since I was 10 but in that time I've set up two clubs and been a GW manager for my sins. I studied Military History at Canterbury University and loved it. I also re-enact with the Royal Horse Artillery in the Napoleonics Association.

I play Flames of War, Black Powder, Wings of War, Dreadball, Warmachine, Warhammer, Saga & In Her Majesty's Name and will be looking at starting Bolt Action and Ronin soon too.

Other than that I enjoy films, reading and learning how to be a Dad.

Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:52 am
Private

Hi all.

I'm phil from Irvinestown Co Fermanagh Northern Ireland, Actually I'm not a gamer of such I seldom get the chance to play so I just build terrain for gamers. The way I look at it is this some where in the world some one is using my terrain to fight over. I always ask the clients to send photos once they have set up the terrain and had a few battles, check out my Gallery on my site Http://www.warterrain.co.uk/. I've been reading up on bolt action, watching battle/painting reports on YouTube and scanning the pages of EBay. I'm starting to get butter flies in my stomach and I'm starting to feel the urge to purchase a copy of Bolt action, so I'm putting together an xmas list to hand to the wife," May the force be with me" , but hush I might treat myself too a little starter while she' s out shopping. Will keep you up to date.. Ta tar of now

Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:09 pm
Profile WWW
Private

Hi new too wwpd. Been playing a couple months. Have a mid war German rifle company and late war Brit air landing company.

Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:33 am
Private

Hi all,

New to FoW, although I've pretty much got a Finnish Pansarri Company together (painting infantry is rough!). I'm in the military, and recently moved to Okinawa; anyone else out here, or know if there's a FoW community?

Sun Dec 22, 2013 5:37 am
Private

Hi all, my name is Reivaj, from wargamesSpain. Cheers

Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:37 pm
Private

Hi,
I'm Sven, 33 and I play Fow since V1 with my US Army. In my freetime I'm the admin on the biggest community website for Fow in the german speaking part of Europe. Won't make an ad here for the site, if you're interested drop me a PM or google for it ;)
But I'm mainly lurking in the Bolt Action Section here and listening to the BAR 8-)

Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:30 am
Private

Hi I'm Tom 55 have been wargaming since the mid 80's board and minis. Getting into BoltAction. Have lurked on the site decided to register. Viewed the painting and modeling section great tips.

Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:57 am
Private

Good Afternooooon,

I'm Dex, really its my name. I live up in the frozen Alaska now, 28 year old data guy. I am a long time gamer start up when I was 7 in 1992.
Recently got into Bolt action when I lived in Wa state. Met up with CBaxter in alaska for a match and he said oh look at this stuff its called Flames of War...

So now with a new addiction comes a new forum! Look forward to finding out whats going on.

Dex

Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:21 am
Private

Hello everyone,

I'm Shawn, 32, and an Infantry Officer in the Canadian Army currently living in Ottawa. I've been a long time listener of the podcast and reader of the blog (from the start), and I figured it's about time I joined the forum here... :)

The only miniature war game I've gotten into is Flames of War, and I'm currently playing Welsh Guards, Panzer Lehr (Overlord) and Canadian Infantry and Armour (Overlord & Market Garden). My next army will be Canadians in the Italian Campaign.

Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 am
Private

Shawn,

Where do you play. There are a couple of groups in town who FOW and another group in Petawawa.

Rob

Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:34 pm
Profile WWW
Private

Hi guys. 57 year old gal playing with little men. Okay, that sounds bad. I used to play Chainmail, way back when. Then Warhammer and Warhammer 40K. These days I play Flames of War (116th Panzer Division and 2nd Gebirgsjaeger Division), Muskets & Tomahawks, and Bolt Action (USMC and 2nd SS Panzer Division). I am a former Marine, a mother, blacksmith by training, huntress, hiker, bellydancer, general crafter, and far too many other things. This should do to be getting on with I think.

I listen to the podcasts sporadically. I tend to be quite busy so it gets fit in when I have time to sit still.

Siani

Sun Mar 02, 2014 3:48 am
Reply to topic   [ 366 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next