View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 25, 2017 9:10 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
Maori night attack in London. 
Sergeant

Well, I got some Shermans in time for my last couple of games :D I had to proxy some Panzer IVs though, but I’ll still try and post some pics.

So with the armoured support we bumped the points to 1200

D coy 28(Maori Bn) – Cassino - 1180

Company HQ
2 Full Rifle Platoons
3 Section Mortar Platoon
2 Section MMG Platoon
Carrier platoon with .50cals
3 Shermans

Grenadierkompanie – V3 Forces - 1185

Company HQ – with Panzerfaust & Schreck Team
2 Full Gren Platoons – with command Fausts
3 Section Mortar Platoon
2 Section HMG Platoon
5 Panzer IV H
He attached the schreck to one of the Gren platoons.

We rolled up hold the line, and I elected to do a night attack.

The map had me attacking out of a village through some woods and trying to take a hilly area, basically we want the high ground.

Deployment:

With one objective up front and one right back on either side of the map I stacked both my rifle platoons on the closer objectives side, with the Shermans central, carriers on my left and mortars and MMGs behind the rest.

The Germans put mortars, one platoon of Grens and the HMGs in reserve. And the Panzers in ambush. The other Grens went on the front objective with the 2iC, the CO stayed right back to join up with the reserves.

Turn 1:

My carriers moved 8” up with their recce move, trying to keep the ambushing panzers away from my shermans, while both my rifle platoons used their spearhead move to advance.

Maori:

Everything advanced, the Shermans moving through the trees and managing not to bog! The carriers hooked right to keep the area around the shermans free from the boche!

German:

No reserves turned up this time, and with no movement or ambush revealing the German turn was a quick one!

Casualties:

Germans:

- None

Maori:

- None

Turn 2:

Maori:

The NZ troops kept up their advance, with the shermans managing a bog free advance through the forest again. And with thanks to the spearhead move one rifle platoon and the shermans could see the Grens. Needing sixes to hit I opened up with everything and managed to chip off a couple of teams. The rifle platoon that could see them then charged through defensive fire, losing no one and with a little back and forth wiped the Germans out while losing four stands themselves, and consolidating onto the objective.

German:

One reserve turns up, and he brings his Grens on, and they move straight up grabbing the CO as they move. The panzers pop out of sight of my guys and move around to contest the objective. They can see the Rifle s on the objective and open fire on them, killing another 2 stands I pass motivation, and he charges. I destroy one with defensive fire, but the shermans were just out of 8” and couldn’t lend any support, just like the desert all over again. The four panzers only manage a single hitbut pass the save of my single hit too, and then wipe out my platoon. Although my 2iC managed to fall back with the bad news.

Casualties:

Germans:
2iC – Destroyed!
Grenadier platoon 1
- Destroyed!

Maori:
Rifle platoon 1
- Destroyed!

Turn 3:

Maori:

My mortars dug in, while the MMGs moved up to get within 8” of where I expected my rifles to end up, the shermans moved up as well again managing not to bog. My carriers managed to get round on a flank of the panzers. The rifle platoon of course went up the guts, getting ready to assault the German tanks. Everything rolled high enough to see, and let rip with the lot. The shermans managed to bail one panzer and destroy another, the .50 cals in the flank managed to bail another, while the PIAT destroyed the last one! He failed motivation and the panzers popped!
With me on the objective my mate calls it, so we have time for another game

So 5-2 to the Maori!

Final Casualties:
Germans:
2iC
- Destroyed
Grenadier platoon 1
- Command team
- schreck team
- 6 Rifle/MG teams
Panzer IVs
- Destroyed! (5 Panzer IV H)