View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:50 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
D coy 28(Maori) Bn continues the fight for London! 
Sergeant

OK, I managed to get another game in while the missus was at work last night. Hopefully I'll get another game or two in tonight as well :D It's really coming up perplexiti this week, I'm getting a load of games in! Again the same forces as earlier, I think my tanks will turn up just as the campaign is finished! Oh well, gives me a bit of time to get them ready for the next one :D

D coy 28(Maori Bn) – Cassino

Company HQ
2 Full Rifle Platoons
2 Section Mortar Platoon
1 Section MMG Platoon

Grenadierkompanie – V3 Forces

Company HQ – with Mortar Section & Schreck Team
2 Full Gren Platoons
2 Section Mortar Platoon
1 Section HMG Platoon
He attached the mortars to the mortar platoon and the schreck to one of the Gren platoons.

I won the roll for attacker in the game, and my friend still only wants to play free for all at the moment.

Deployment

We both ended up stacking the right side of the board with our combat platoons, leaving only our HMG support on the other flank with the mortars deployed centrally.

This fight would be on in the rocky hills, with the mortars opposing each other over a village and the HMGs lonely out on the far left.

Turn 1:

Maori:

I dug my mortars in, while everything else advanced, I moved my MMGs on the double up to a forest out of sight of all the Germans. My rifle platoons kept cover and advanced a bit more cautiously.

German:

He dug his mortars and HMGs in while his grens advanced to meet the foe. In the shooting phase the mortar platoon bombarded my mortars and killed a stand! Again! That’s the 2nd game in a row where that’s happened.

Casualties:

Germans:

- None

Maori:

Mortar platoon
- 1 Mortar team

Turn 2:

Maori:

My MMGs moved through the narrow forest and could just see out to the German HMG platoon, One of my rifle platoons hooked further right while the other dug in. My mortars then dropped a bombardment on the German gren platoons, I just managed to get a team from both platoons under the template, I didn’t kill anyone but did manage to pin both platoons. Then my right hand rifle platoon opened up on the Grens in front of them, hitting a few times and he failed two 3+ saves!

German:

Both Gren platoons then fail to unpin! Even with the CO and 2iC attaching, the curse of the horrible dice are back! With no movement it’s on to shooting, The HMGs open up on my MMG platoon with 12 dice of death. Needing 6s to hit, his dice swing the other way and he gets 7 hits! But I use up the rest of the luck in those dice by saving six of them!

Casualties:

Germans:
Grenadier platoon 1
- 2 Rifle/MG stands

Maori:

Mortar platoon
- 1 Mortar team
MMG platoon
- 1 MMG team

Turn 3:

Maori:

Both my rifle platoons seize the initiative and advance on the grens, while my remaining MMG and command team dig in. My mortars drop smoke on the German mortars to inhibit direct fire in the next turn, while my MMG opens up on the German HMGs. Needing 6s I get two and he fails both saves! I however can only make one firepower test(which isn’t bad as I needed 6s for that too!) My rifle platoons then pick on a Gren platoon each, one picking of two German stands, the other only getting one.
I make it through defensive fire only losing a stand from each platoon.
In the assault Platoon 1 kills four Germans on the charge, with the Germans counterattacking and killing two stands back, with the Maori counterattack I wipe the German platoon and his CO.
In platoon 2s assault they get three on the charge, with his three stands left all getting hits I make the counterattack roll and the boys get stuck back in but can only manage one more hit. Needing his 2iCs reroll to counter he gets two hits with both of his remaining Germans, and unfortunately for me one of them has to go on my CO, so yep my grand plan of keeping my CO alive has failed again, I’m, leaving him back next game I think. With my passed motivation test I finish off the German grens and consolidate to 20” away from the mortars
Platoon 2 now needs to pass motivation to stick around, which I manage with a 4!

Germans:

With no movement here it’s more shooting for the Grens, The HMG opens up on my MMG platoon and one hit gets through my save, of course he rolls a six! My command team fails his motivation and runs back to camp. The mortars then bombard my rifle platoons, killing a stand from platoon 1 and pinning both platoons down.

Casualties:

Germans:

Grenadier platoon 1
- Destroyed
Grenadier platoon2
- Destroyed!

Maori:

CO
- Destroyed!
Rifle platoon 1
- PIAT team
- 3 Rifle/MG stands
Rifle platoon 2
- PIAT team
- 4 Rifle/MG teams
Mortar platoon
- 1 Mortar team
MMG platoon
- Destroyed!

Turn 4:

Maori:

My depleted rifle platoon digs in and sets its sights on the German observer in the village. While platoon 1 doubles around the hills staying out of LOS of the mortar platoon and observers, and also the HMGs! My mortars then smoke the German mortars again.

German:

Again no movement from the Germans, The mortars bombard the Rifle platoon they can see, pinning but can’t pass firepower to kill anyone. The HMG, needing sixes to hit fails to make an impression on them either.

Casualties:

Germans:

Grenadier platoon 1
- Destroyed
Grenadier platoon2
- Destroyed!

Maori:

CO
- Destroyed!
Rifle platoon 1
- PIAT team
- 3 Rifle/MG stands
Rifle platoon 2
- PIAT team
- 4 Rifle/MG teams
Mortar platoon
- 1 Mortar team
MMG platoon
- Destroyed!

Turn 5:

Maori:
Platoon one completes their hook around the hills and advances on the mortars, picking one off with their shooting. Platoon 2 manages to kill a German observer! My mortars then continue their smoke mission on their German counterparts.

German:
The HMG can’t see platoon one through the smoke so contents itself with blazing away at platoon two, not getting a single hit this time though. While the mortars try to direct fire on my platoon 1, but with the smoke they can’t hit anyone.

Casualties:

Germans:
Grenadier platoon 1
- Destroyed
Grenadier platoon2
- Destroyed!
Mortar platoon
- 1 Observer rifle team
- 1 Mortar team
HMG platoon
- 1 HMG team

Maori:

CO
- Destroyed!
Rifle platoon 1
- PIAT team
- 3 Rifle/MG stands
Rifle platoon 2
- PIAT team
- 4 Rifle/MG teams
Mortar platoon
- 1 Mortar team
MMG platoon
- Destroyed!

Turn 6:

Maori:

With platoon 1 moving into assault range, time may be up for the German mortars. My mortars smoke the HMG platoon. With the help of the 2nd platoon I just manage to get the 5 hits I need to pin them, killing two mortar teams in the process. Then platoon one charges and gets hit four times from defensive fire! I only fail one save though and then proceed to wipe the mortars out and lose another team over the course of the combat. I then consolidate onto the objective. And pass motivation on the rifle platoon 1 to stick around.

German:

With a failed company motivation test, the game is over! 5-2 to the Maori!

Well another closer game, my mates definitely improving every time we play. Unfortunately for him he’s always going to be plagued by his poor rolling, it doesn’t matter what we play, it could even be snakes and ladders!

Final Casualties:

Germans:

Co & 2iC
- Destroyed
Grenadier platoon 1
- Destroyed! (Command team, schreck team and 6 Rifle/MG teams)
Grenadier platoon2
- Destroyed! (Command team and 6 Rifle/MG teams)
Mortar platoon
- Destroyed! (Command team, 2 observer teams and 6 mortar teams)
HMG platoon
- 1 HMG team

Maori:

CO
- Destroyed!
Rifle platoon 1
- PIAT team
- 4 Rifle/MG stands
Rifle platoon 2
- PIAT team
- 4 Rifle/MG teams
Mortar platoon
- 1 Mortar team
MMG platoon
- Destroyed! ( Command team and 2 MMG teams)

Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:23 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]