View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:53 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ] 
The rules of the board: READ BEFORE POSTING 
Major

1) Don't be a dick. Be nice. Constructive criticism is fine, but don't get personal. We're all gamers here, let's be friendly.

2) No racist remarks. Seriously, see #1.

3) Please no politics, okay? Plenty of that going around. Let's set that aside and revel in our shared love of miniatures and nerd games.

4) No n00dz. (n00bz, however, are welcome!)

5) No copyrighted material.

6) Have fun.

7) You may trade/sell/post eBay links or whatever- just understand that WWPD has zero liability in these cases. Our name's Paul and that's twixt y'all. Got it?

-----added post Stevepocolypse by Dirty Jon ---------

8) If you get 'moderated', don't argue -- it will likely end badly for you. Take a second, re-read what you have posted and think about how others may have read what you wrote. There is an amazing lack of 'tone' on the Internet and things often come across differently than intended -- trust me, I know!

9) You have no "rights" here. This is a site owned by an individual. You are a guest here - act like one.

10) If you don't actually LIKE the games featured on this board, then move on to another site. We run the WWPD family of sites because we actually like these games. If your objective is to complain and tell everyone how stupid the games/manufacturers are, then please go start your own "I Hate X" blog.

11) Do not engage in Recreational Outrage. Getting worked up about things completely out of proportion is tiring. Definition from Straight Dope: "RO -- "Recreational Outrage" describes when a poster expresses righteous indignation and gets highly worked up (outraged) over some issue, typically some news occurrence that is completely irrelevant to the person’s own life and has no effect on that poster personally. The poster derives (recreational) satisfaction from expressing outrage and moral indignation, frequently including a sense of moral superiority, thus differentiating Recreational Outrage from other forms of outrage."

Here is a helpful link to the Mac-Daddy of all Flames of War Recreational Outrage if you must.

Sat Oct 01, 2011 3:52 pm
Major

Also, to view the forum outside of this iframe, you can get here at http://wwpd.freeforums.org/index.php

Sat Oct 01, 2011 3:54 pm
Sergeant

3) nudes???

Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:54 pm
Major

That was for Luke. :)

Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:59 pm
Corporal

no nudes? damn, so much for my nose art gallery then ;)

Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:41 pm
Major

I think I could make an exception for that!

Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:43 pm
Lieutenant

Steve don't you already have all those nudes of me as your screen saver or was it the background on your computer?

Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:43 am
Major

It's the wall paper of my bathroom

Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:58 pm
Lieutenant

I need an adult.

Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:55 am
Major

Rule Added:

8) If you get 'moderated', don't argue -- it will likely end badly for you. Take a second, re-read what you have posted and think about how others may have read what you wrote. There is an amazing lack of 'tone' on the Internet and things often come across differently than intended -- trust me, I know!

Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:57 pm
Profile WWW
Major

Added a Rule, just to be clear:

9) You have no "rights" here. This is a site owned by an individual. You are a guest here - act like one.

Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:02 pm
Profile WWW
Major

Added yet another rule -- I'm such a Fascist!:

10) If you don't actually LIKE the games featured on this board, then move on to another site. We run the WWPD family of sites because we actually like these games. If your objective is to complain and tell everyone how stupid the games/manufacturers are, then please go start your own "I Hate X" blog.

Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:31 pm
Profile WWW
Major

Yet again, I added another rule about Recreational Outrage.

11) Do not engage in Recreational Outrage. Getting worked up about things completely out of proportion is tiring. Definition from Straight Dope: "RO -- "Recreational Outrage" describes when a poster expresses righteous indignation and gets highly worked up (outraged) over some issue, typically some news occurrence that is completely irrelevant to the person’s own life and has no effect on that poster personally. The poster derives (recreational) satisfaction from expressing outrage and moral indignation, frequently including a sense of moral superiority, thus differentiating Recreational Outrage from other forms of outrage."

Here is a helpful link to the Mac-Daddy of all Flames of War Recreational Outrage if you must.

Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:10 pm
Profile WWW
Major

Just another tip: It is almost ALWAYS not WHAT is said, but how it is said that gets people in trouble. When people argue back (Rule #8) or on other's behalf, they almost always come back with "see, I'm RIGHT about this issue" -- which is actually usually true. However, they have said it in such a dickish (Rule #1) way, that they get Moderated.

Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:05 pm
Profile WWW
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 14 posts ]