View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:34 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
WWPD Final Round-up 
Technical Sergeant

Looks like Steven and the guys are hanging up their spurs:

http://www.wwpd.net/2017/12/a-fond-farewell.html

I will truly miss the WWPD blog and podcast. For me it truly represents possibly the "Golden Age" of Flames of War.

Best of luck in your future endeavors guys!

Miniature Ordnance Review - http://miniordnancerev.blogspot.com/

Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:50 am
Sergeant

and a three hour final podcast!

Sun Dec 24, 2017 4:30 am
Technical Sergeant

Yes, thanks guys. Will miss the site, the forum, the podcasts, and the good ole days.

Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:59 am
First Sergeant

Yes they will be missed. However what about all of the great content and reference material here? Will that disappear?

Tue Dec 26, 2017 4:00 pm
Sergeant

From what Steve said on the podcast he'll leave the WWPD site online as long as funding holds out and he *MAY* drop some coin into the fund to keep it online for "a while"

Tue Dec 26, 2017 5:01 pm
First Sergeant

Guys -

Rather than send an email, I thought I would write this here - for the entire community to see.

I want to thank you for the friendship, discussions, posts, articles, etc. over all the years. People like to comment about how much money they have spent in the hobby, but you all have invested much more than that! Your time, your dedication and your humor has been a staple in my enjoyment of the game. I cannot tell you how many times I have busted out laughing on an airplane while listening to the podcast. That, more than anything else, is what will be missed the most.

I wish you all the best and I do look forward to keeping in touch in the future!

Allen

Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:08 pm
Profile WWW
Major

Thanks gentlemen....and Allen! =P

We had a good time doing it! We met a lot of great folks and made good friendships. We won't be deleting the site or anything, so continue to enjoy!

Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:42 pm
Profile WWW
First Sergeant

End of an era guys, sad to see this happen. Finished listening to the last podcast on my drive home from the in-laws after Christmas. It felt strange and a bit depressing to hear it end like this even though I understand the decision.

The WWPD network really became a huge beast with the forum, podcast, several blogs etc - I know it takes time to manage it all with a life, family and work (as well as trying to squeeze in some games in there as well).

Listening to you guys I wish you would keep the podcast, keeping it casual and talking about latest played games etc and not feeling the pressure to make it as focused as it was during the height of the FoW period with the detailed reviews of army lists etc.

You guys will be missed!

Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:12 am
Profile WWW
Major

Thanks everyone! Means a lot that so many of you felt a part of it. Podcasting is in my blood, and I doubt I'll stay away from the mic for too long!

Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:01 am
First Sergeant

Thanks guys. I finally got to listen after spending the New Year at the happiest place on earth. I've been lurking here for just about 6 years and I will miss it. Forums are generally dying as everyone jumps to social media. The writing has been on the wall. We had some great conversation here and that is what I will miss most. I'll admit I did not catch all the pod casts but there was always plenty of content to keep me coming back.

When I started hanging out here I had a 3 year old now my second is 5. Times change. You guys helped me re-lay and inspire a foundation of leisure gaming that I had neglected for many years as education and career took precedence. I am excited for the future to play games with my kids with all the toys and ideas I have collected. You guys helped inspire lots of it, thank you.

I am sorry for any times I may have violated the one rule.

I'll still be writing at my blog as things interest me. FoW is in a lull now hereabouts as some folks play v3 and others v4 but it hasn't reduced my enthusiasm for other things. Saga is cracking on, I'm back to my earliest interest - Fantasy, and I am even playing an RPG - Shadowrun.

Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:51 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]