It's been a long time coming, but it's finally here! Blitzkrieg Commander
is one of the most popular WWII rulesets of the past decade with over 5000 copies sold and we're delighted to announce that the highly anticipated 3rd Edition
is now available for pre-order! We'll officially be launching BKC-III at the Salute show on 22nd April
, but you can pre-order your copy in advance, ready to ship out on Monday 24th
. And as an added bonus, we've got a special discounted launch price of £20!
(RRP £25) This launch offer will only be available until Sat 29th April, so head over and grab your copy now: http://www.pendraken.co.uk/Rules-c37/Blitzkrieg-Commander-III-sc362/Blitzkrieg Commander III- Suitable for any scale miniatures, from 2mm right up to 28mm.
- Simple command system that emphasises the fog of war.
- Effective mechanism for casualty resolution.
- Flexible figure ratio meaning one base represents a platoon.
- Minimal setup time, simply assemble your forces and play.
- Contains 49 army lists covering all nations and theatres.
- Includes 15 scenarios.
- Suitable for solo, two player or multi-player games.
- No supplements, everything you need to play WWII games in one book.
- Quick Reference Sheet included.
For the existing BKC gamers, you'll probably want to know what's changed in BKC-III?
Generally, this 3rd Edition remains true to the BKC you're familiar with, but with a bit of a refresh on the text. All of the core elements remain in the game and everything should run much the way it always has. Things that you may find work slightly differently include:Scale
- Established at '1 base = 1 platoon' Terrain
(movement, visibility and cover) - Revamped and simplified in places.Basic Actions
- Now set out in defined actions list.Unit Abilities
(including profiles) - Revamped.Command Units
- Revamped and can now fight and be knocked out like other units.Close Assault
- Streamlined.Off-table Support
- Streamlined and moved to command phase.Recce Actions
- Streamlined.Exceptions & Special Rules
- Extracted into formal 'special abilities' for units.Army Lists
- Revamped and increased.
If you know and love Blitzkrieg Commander already then BKC-III should hopefully feel familiar but fresh to you. For those new to these rules, grab yourself a copy and see what everyone is talking about!
To pre-order yourself a copy, you can either buy directly through our website here: BKC-III
or by contacting us using the Contact form on our website: http://www.pendraken.co.uk/Contact.aspx
. For anyone attending Salute, you can also pre-order a copy to collect on the day by contacting us through that same Contact Us method.
For those who prefer their rules in a digital format, BKC-III will also be launched as a pdf download on Wargame Vault on the same day as Salute, so Sat 22nd April. We'll also have a range of 1000pt Starter armies ready for the launch, more details on those coming soon.