View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:42 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
Getting into Armada... 
Staff Sergeant

I've been looking for a new game to get into and I am looking to get into Armada. I want to mostly play and collect Imperials. I know I am late to the party, but locally there's an active and growing Armada community...

I've been reading over a lot of the guides, blogs and general advice people have written but a lot of that is now out of date as several more waves have come out. So, if you were to re-start your collection again now, what would be our "must buy" and what would you avoid?

For example: I've never been to fond of the look of the Gladiator, and from my still novice point of view it looks like I may be better off going with a mix of Gozanti Flotillas, Light Cruisers and Raiders in support of my large angry triangles. Also, Bounty Hunters; do I need their kind of scum?

Sun May 07, 2017 5:55 am
Sergeant

Welcome to the game. One of the things I most like about Armada is that if you avoid the whole business of trying to find the 'perfect' set of upgrade cards, then almost any combination of ships/fighters seems to work well enough to win. So I tend to build my fleets based on what looks good :) For the Imperials, lots of star destroyers. For the Rebels, as many different types of ships as I can manage

Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:20 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]