View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:40 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Wave 3 - Rejoice! 
Captain

So I note a lot of moaning and gnashing of teeth about the limited Wave 3 release on the FFG forums. Seems many people feel let down by FFG.

I myself am actually happy about it. I dumped boatloads of cash into Wave 2, which was fine as the game did need a bit of turbo-charged expansion coming of the initial release. But now it looks to me like Wave 3 will add some new dimensions/aspects to the game, but will do so only requiring a limited lay out of cash from me to keep "up to date." In simple terms; to "keep up to date" wit Wave 2 I had to buy, at a minimum some $170 worth of expansion sets, that was just for one each of the new additions (I actually bought a lot more), while for Wave 3 I'll need to buy just $40 of new additions to keep "up to date."

Wave 2 still has a lot of depth and richness for me to explore. After my 3rd place showing out one of our local Winter Store Championships, I clearly still have a lot to learn. My challenge currently being how to deal with a low bid Demolisher/Raider force that is all but guaranteed First Player and has more ships than me, always giving the Demolisher last move/first move double whammy (my opponnet had a 15pt under bid and I'm not sure I can stomach going lower than that just to keep First Player).

Tue Mar 22, 2016 3:55 pm
Profile WWW
Major

I agree with your sentiment exactly. My wallet breathed a sigh of relief. Though at $20 a pop and presumably very cheap points costs, I'm still in for a cool buck or so.

Wed Mar 23, 2016 4:15 pm
Private

Same for me, I took a hiatus for a few months, and then switched sides, so I'm still playing catch up with wave two. The only thing I'd really like is for the lead in time to be a little faster. If they could have Wave III available in August, I'd be content.

Thu Mar 24, 2016 1:19 am
Profile WWW
Sergeant

I also am glad for the two ship release. It should change the game dynamics enough. Its also hard to say that their won't be a wave 4 announcement on the heels of this release.

Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:39 pm
Sergeant

Wave 3 has just the sort of thing I was looking for. Especially for the Rebels. I've always rejected the notion that the Rebels have reliable lines of supply for top of the line warships. That's not how rebellions work! Instead they would have a few real warships that they've managed to salvage, steal or build, and a LOT of converted merchant ships. And in addition to the 'core' Rebel fleet, there would be lots of locals with even more limited resources who have managed to cobble together ships which can only charitably be called warships. But their crews are eager to strike a blow against the Empire. I'm hoping that one of the options for these new ships is exactly that sort of ersatz warship. We could use any sort of proxy models we like, too.

Fri Mar 25, 2016 5:53 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]