View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 25, 2017 4:00 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Destiny 
Sergeant

I was taught how to play the game last night, and picked up the starters and a few boosters. Really simple rules, and it's really fun. Plus the added bonus of fiending like a crack addict over booster packs for rare cards, brings me back to elementary school and the original pokemon cards....

Anyone else playing?

Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:25 pm
Captain

I've been dabbling in it. It's pretty popular here in the DC area.

Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:44 am
Sergeant

I taught my girlfriend how to play it in an hour. It's a little confusing at first with the amount of actions you can do, especially if you draw resource heavy cards in your first couple of hands. I still don't have enough cards to make two sensible 30 card decks, but I hope to soon.

I realllllly want a Vader card....

Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:34 pm
Sergeant

Have had quite a few games by now. FFG ran out of cards so my selection is pretty limited. Can't wait for the next set so I can finally stop using Rey (who's kind of a let down), Finn (decent), First Order Stormtroopers (individually almost worthless but fun en masse), and Kylo (also decent).

My buddy has Vader, and he's a beast. Good luck getting a pair of dice for him though, his card is like $50 on ebay.

Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:28 pm
Sergeant

FFG is doing a reprint of the TFA booster packs!

What sucks though is that it's pretty much going to a bum rush scenario every time they release more cards. Only the people who are willing to shell out major money are going to be competitive, and I feel really sorry for those people who feel the need to 'complete' their collections. I guess that's the story of any CCG. Seems like a intentional play on FFGs part, which is a bummer.

Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:21 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]