View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:38 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
The Campaign Concudes as a Decisive British Victory 
Captain

The Germans could not keep the salient open.

Battle #2 for Turn 4 saw some ferocious fighting for zone B4. Holding on to this zone would have let the Germans maintain their forces that had driven so far to the British rear and then try again to push into Villers-Bretonneux.

The main British attack came from the south, rolling north along their former trench line.

Three groups played a total of four games to resolve this battle. All were British wins with two 5:2's and two 4:3's. This then became the final nail in the coffin for the German offensive at Villers-Bretonneux.

The map at the campaigns end shows the original frontline almost having been reestablished by the British. The Germans were not able to end the game with any of the VP zones and ended up with four Firestorm units captured. So pretty much a decisive victory overall! If the Germans could have held on in this battle, it would have been only a minor British victory with even a slim hope of tipping the scales to the Germans overall. But it was not to be.

So we are now officially done with this campaign. I want to thank our two CinC's, Jokull and Jon, and the great groups in Texas, Virginia, Minnesota and Kentucky that played out the battles. It was a lot of fun and I hope to do another one soon!

Until the formal AAR article is posted on WWPD...thanks to all who made this campaign happen!

Tom

Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:07 pm
Profile WWW
Staff Sergeant

Thanks to everybody who participated in this fun campaign! Special thanks to Tom for organizing it, running it and keeping everybody on track, and to Jokull for designing such a great campaign!

Here in Texas, the campaign provided six players (myself included) their first taste of the BF Great War series, and piqued the interest of many others who saw the games being played. The last game this past Sunday was also special because it was the first FOW game my son played in a long time (he won, too!).

Looking forward to the next campaign!

Thanks again everybody,
Mark

Attachment:
tank2.jpg
tank2.jpg
tank2.jpg [ 221.7 KiB | Viewed 1581 times ]

Tue Aug 18, 2015 2:51 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]