View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:45 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
AAR - Turn 3, B1 Battle for Fouilloy 
Captain

This game saw a well reinforced British force, played by myself, take on German defenders, played by my friend Ed, in a "Surrounded" Mission.

Ed knew that I was keen try tout my brand new Mark IV and Whippet tanks. Accordingly, Ed maximized the PaK and ATRs he could take. The German HMGs having AT3 were going to help increase his tank stopping power as well.

Ed's defending Germans.

The Anti-Tank contingent of Ed's force making their debut appearance in our campaign.

My attacking British force.

My new "babies!"

Our battlefield with Hill 104 to the south and the town of Fouilloy in the north.

The forces at deployment. My main effort would come in from he east. This included my entire force except a Trained Rifle Platoon and a supporting Whippet that came in from the west.

British Main Effort.

The British supporting effort, which would make a mad dash to duck into Fouilloy from the west.

The British advance and cause no damage to the Germans. Don't think I even earned a "pin!"

The trained Rifle platoon sneaks in to Fouilloy through the back door!

My first assault goes poorly as AT3 German HMGs knock out an assaulting Whippet!

Soon the other tanks run into trouble as the PaK guns and ATRs start to have an effect.

The trained Rifle platoon takes advantage of the distraction the tanks are causing to the east, and move right into assault range nearly undetected.

The British Stokes Mortars start taking out PaK guns and HMGs, but maybe too late.

Even trained Trench Fighter Brits hit like Vets in combat and the Trained Rifle Platoon takes over the Church!

My Whippet on the EAST SIDE OF Fouilloy turns a corner and right into a PaK shell!

My last Whippet bites the dust and I still have not even made a dent on the German main battle line.

My infantry goes in, but even with "British Bulldog, they will not stay in the fight!

My trained Rifle platoon makes a foray from the Church, but its charge is easily stopped by defensive fire.

My Mark IV goes in on the assault, and even though its damaged, it fights on bravely!

The Mark IV racks up the damage, but it stays in the fight...for now.

But eventually the Germans bring down the beast, and send my veteran rifle platoon packing as well, Now I've lost 5 out of 11 platoons. The only thing keeping me in he game is that my Stokes mortars are each a separate platoon their selves. And though all my tanks and vet infantry are gone, I now have two trained rifle platoons in good positions and ready to assault the Germans near the south edge of Fouilloy.

The 3rd Platoon goes in!

The 3rd Platoons clears the objective, breaking the German defenders and pushes on to the base of Hill 104.

The 3rd Platoon sacks another German platoon...even if it is just one PaK gun. Now the Germans are below 50% strength and have to start checking Company moral!

Ed's German cannot hang on and his company breaks with my 3rd Platoon in a great position to protect the objective they just took.

This was yet another bloody game. Ed and I both fought each others' companies to the breaking point. What you see here are the destroyed teams as we again ended a battle with less teams destroyed than on the board at games end.

So the my British barely pull of a 4:3 win, but this has a big impact in the game as Fouilloy is worth 80 campaign VPs.

Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:29 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]