View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:30 pm

Reply to topic  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
HOW TO INSTALL MODS 
Sergeant

If you're having trouble don't be afraid to PM me so I can personally help you out!
Hey peeps, here is a guide for how to install mods onto your World of Tanks game. Be sure to stop by VonChoker's mods to use page for an idea on what you can put into your game!

DUE TO THE "NEW" MOD SYSTEM MODDING IS NOW FAIRLY EASY TO DO! ALL THAT YOU NEED TO DO IS PASTE THE MOD FILES IN THE CORRECT VERSION FOLDER IN THE RES_MODS FOLDER!

Where the res_mods folder is.
Goto your Start Menu and click on "My Computer" or "Computer". That will take you to the "My Computer" folder.
Then go to your C:// drive. Then go to your Games folder, not the Program Files! Then World of Tanks and Viola!
You're now in the WoT install folder! Now just go to res_mods and there is your x.x folder! Just paste the mod files in the appropriate version folder and your done!

WHEN INSTALLING MODS RESTART THE GAME CLIENT UNLESS IT IS A TANK SKIN YOU ARE INSTALLING WHICH DOESN'T REQUIRE A CLIENT RESTART!

Specific Mods to Note:

TANK SKINS (aka how to install your hitbox skins ;) )
Tank skins typically consist of a "living" and "dead" file. One that changes the look of your tank while its alive (its the normal named file) and one that changes the corpse of your tank (which is the "crash file").
German Vehicle Folder
These two files go into the appropriate folder for the tank that you want to change. The folder you go into is the res folder then Vehicles folder then the appropriate nation (US, GER, SOV, CHI). If you want to change the skin of the Tiger 2 then the files go into vehicles/german/G16_PzVIB_Tiger_II folder.

Tiger II Vehicle Folder

IMPROVING FPS (Removing Sniper Scope and Gun Smoke)
This will be removing the black circle you see when you hit Shift and go into Sniper Mode as well as all smoke generated when a gun is fired.

To remove the Sniper Scope, we will be overwriting _ScopeShadow.swf which is in your flash folder. Simply download the file and overwrite.

To remove Gun Smoke, we will be removing (or just deleting) the appropriate smoke files which are in the particles\Tank folder. So this will be a different folder, not the flash folder this time around! Locate and "remove": shot_big.xml shot_big_PT.xml shot_big_SAU.xml shot_main.xml shot_mb_main.xml shot_mb_small.xml shot_small.xml shot_small_auto.xml
(Deleting them is my personal preferred way, why keep something that you plan on removing? Just remember to permanently delete them once you're satisfied with the lack of smoke!)

Last edited by Republic on Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:58 pm, edited 10 times in total.

Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:01 am
Sergeant

Reserved for future use.

Last edited by Republic on Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:55 pm, edited 11 times in total.

Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:05 am
Staff Sergeant

Thanks Republic for some really helpful advice and keep up the great work. You are definitely the guru when it comes to modding

Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:20 am
Private

Someone else that scoured the internet for 7.0 mods? Yes please 8-)

Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:41 am
Sergeant

VonChoker wrote:
Thanks Republic for some really helpful advice and keep up the great work. You are definitely the guru when it comes to modding

Von could you or Darqueling please sticky this thread so it always appears at the top of the forums?

BTW: I updated some of the info. Still need to put in how to do a turret change, though.

Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:48 am
Sergeant

Since 7.1 patch came out here are the latest versions of Overtargetmarkers, Jimbos reloading crosshairs, and Aslain's minimalistic icon mod. (Aslain's is there as a temporary icon mod until your personal favorite has been updated)

Just copy the files to the correct folder. IE swf files go in the res/gui/flash folder

http://www.mediafire.com/?tluff32svzwww69,7nk3j3kj8vkag22,gu1irs4uz0xo4cr,aqqa6mgbt6aoc55

Notice: Timex Reloading crosshairs are somewhat bugged in 7.1 the armor penetration for the crosshair won't show up. Rest of the mod works fine but you won't be able to get the red/yellow/green crosshair anymore. Jimbos crosshairs are up to date with 7.1 so use that if you want your penetration crosshairs.

Last edited by Republic on Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:06 pm
Private

Many thanks Republic. I was just about to go searching for 7.1 mods until I checked here.

Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:22 am
Private

I tried installing the overtargetmarker mod, following these directions. I succeeded in crashing my program every time it goes into battle mode. Have to now uninstall and reinstall the program. Could we get some more DETAILED instructions on how to install this mod?

Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:53 pm
Captain

Joisey wrote:
I tried installing the overtargetmarker mod, following these directions. I succeeded in crashing my program every time it goes into battle mode. Have to now uninstall and reinstall the program. Could we get some more DETAILED instructions on how to install this mod?

All mods are simple copy and paste into the correct folder. You may have missed a file or two thus giving you problems. Just download it and try again. I always recommend backing up the original files so that you do not have to reinstall the whole game.

Twitch: Darqueling

Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:39 pm
Sergeant

Darqueling wrote:
Joisey wrote:

All mods are simple copy and paste into the correct folder. You may have missed a file or two thus giving you problems. Just download it and try again. I always recommend backing up the original files so that you do not have to reinstall the whole game.

Managed to come across Joisey today and gave him help with OTM along with Jimbos Crosshairs. The problem actually was that he was missing two files, the VehicleMarkers and VehicleMarkersManager flash files. After putting them in his flash folder, he loaded in properly so he now is enjoying his OTM and Jimbos. Perhaps I can persuade him to get an icon mod as well someday. :)

NOTICE: I've updated Jimbos since it was out-of-date and OTM with ALL the files now. I've also finally finished my primary mod installation post. The new info includes slightly better instructions for OTM and Jimbos along with Improving FPS through removing the Sniper Scope and Gun Smoke. Also put in a disclaimer on client restarting and backups and the All-In-One Download link for easy modding.

Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:43 pm
Private

Once again, many many thanks to Republic for guiding me through the Mod installation today. Republic is both a Gentleman and a Scholar!

The Overtarget Mod is awesome, btw. :mrgreen:

Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:36 pm
Private First Class

Does this still work for 7.4 (soon to be 7.5)?

Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:56 am
Sergeant

sturmkraehe wrote:
Does this still work for 7.4 (soon to be 7.5)?

Short answer: For most mods-Yes and for 7.5 yes. You also have to remember that WG put in an official OTM under the Settings/Markers tab.

Long answer: Since the introduction of the "new" (though by now its old) mod folder system, many mods will remain usable whenever a patch hits. The only mods that you would still need to update would be contour mods such as Aslain's. Although some mods do become broken with new patches so still keep an eye out on the forums or from clan members.

The reason I haven't been updating this thread is because mod versions don't matter now. The game overrides the vanilla files with any present mod files. Many of my mods are from 7.3, the only mod I update each patch is my contour mod.

Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:40 pm
Private First Class

I have a couple more questions...

You say that we should be adding the files to the Res file however most of the mod instructions say that we should be adding them to the res_mods/0.7.4/ file. I've added files to both and have not been getting anything to work. Kind of scratching my head here. The game works find but none of the mods appear.

edit - Got most of them to work but still cant seem to get any of the crosshair mods and the no-scope to work.

Last edited by sturmkraehe on Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:24 am, edited 2 times in total.

Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:37 am
Private First Class

I tried the link you posted...

http://www.mediafire.com/?tluff32svzwww ... mgbt6aoc55

But when I go there, there is no visible file to download. Am I missing something?

Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:12 am
Sergeant

-.- This thread is pretty old. These instructions are from before the new mod system came out. The way you are supposed to do things is put them in the 7.4 (and soon 7.5) folder in the res_mods folder. No files should go in the normal res folder anymore. In fact I'd recommend removing the ones you put in there as a safety precaution.

That link is the same deal. Its pretty old and from before the new mod system. Updating mod files is mostly non necessary anymore. That link used to be an easy way for people to get up-to-date mod files before the new mod system.

All the mod except for XVM, just need you to paste the files in the 7.4 folder. Contours will want some files pasted in the res_mods folder and not the 7.4. Jimbos crosshairs and no scope shadow just need to be pasted in 7.4.

I'll update the front post to reflect the new system.

Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:41 pm
Private

Thanks loads little guinea pig dude XD(Republic)

Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:31 am
Private

Darqueling posted this earlier to day.How to Install mods and XVM http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38XkgEaDMP8

Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:25 am
Private

Republic wrote:
Since 7.1 patch came out here are the latest versions of Overtargetmarkers, Jimbos reloading crosshairs, and Aslain's minimalistic icon mod. (Aslain's is there as a temporary icon mod until your personal favorite has been updated)

Just copy the files to the correct folder. IE swf files go in the res/gui/flash folder

cheats

Notice: Timex Reloading crosshairs are somewhat bugged in 7.1 the armor penetration for the crosshair won't show up. Rest of the mod works fine but you won't be able to get the red/yellow/green crosshair anymore. Jimbos crosshairs are up to date with 7.1 so use that if you want your penetration crosshairs.

Does not work for me... but then again we are way past patch 7.1 now...

Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:21 am
Sergeant

LordDevino wrote:
Republic wrote:

cheats

Does not work for me... but then again we are way past patch 7.1 now...

This thread is quite old now so it is now mostly obsolete. Mods such as Timex have long been absorbed by other mods such as Jimbos or XVM.

If you are trying to install mods then just stick the files into the res_mods/X.X folder unless the mod instructions say otherwise. Most mods have a readme file that contains instructions on how to install it as well.

Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:37 am
Captain

Just download my mod pack here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/309 ... 20Pack.rar

All you need to do is copy the folders with the parent "Darquelings Mod Pack" into your res_mods folder, the structure is already maintained within that.

Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:00 am
Private

Darq, your mod pack is 404ing for me...

Tue Dec 24, 2013 4:42 am
Captain

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/309 ... d_Pack.rar

Updated for 8.10

Thu Dec 26, 2013 5:51 am
Private

Darqueling wrote:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/30900705/Darquelings_Mod_Pack.rar

Updated for 8.10

You got an updated one from 8.11? It seems that 8.11 borks the 8.10 mods, wont even load if I try to copy across...

This is what I get for getting hooked on the sweet sweet mods...

Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:11 pm
Captain

With the laptop down, it will be some time before I get to it. Perhaps later this week when I move my desktop back over.

Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:29 pm
Reply to topic   [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next