View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:26 am

Reply to topic  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Introduce yourself 
Staff Sergeant

Hi guys, just thought i'd start a thread to introduce each other within the clan

I've been a member of the clan since may 2010 and blame Darqueling and the WWPD podcast for starting my addiction to this game by posting great reviews of the game.

I started listening to the WWPD from their second podcast and have been a fan ever since. I especially like their good grasp of the rules and covering many more complicated issues in the noob zone.

I've been playing FOW since 1st edition and have been impressed with how each development makes the game better and better and on the rare occasions where they take a step wrong the company listens to their community and responds quickly.

So please take a moment to introduce yourself and hopefully we can meet up in WOT and platoon a bit.

Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:08 pm
Captain

Hey all!
Chris otherwise known as Darqueling here mostly from the World of Tanks side of the WWPD thing. I am 26, working in Baltimore for a defense contractor doing hush hush fun stuff. I play mostly Flames of War now with Soviets and Germans as my armies, but I still have my Necron 40K army sitting around. Steven and I have a friendly rivalry brooding between us for Flames, just don't listen to him claim I am cheating =)

Anyway, if you all want to check out my Let's Play series on Youtube here is the LINK.

Thanks all and catch everyone around!

Twitch: Darqueling

Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:41 pm
Sergeant

Hey I'm Republic, just a 21 year old college bum who likes World of Tanks. I really like FPS games and World of Tanks provides that. Plus it helps that its one of the few F2P games that doesn't do Pay To Win. I plan on sticking with WoT for a long while. Even when Call of the 13 year-olds: Modern Warfailure 4 hits Xbox shelves I still will be playing this game. Still playing this game with ya'll even while half the developed world's prepubescent male populace is at prestige 20 for MW3 so take that Activision!

There is no Russian bias despite what the WoT Forum trolls say, each nation has its own purpose.

I'm located in Fort Collins, CO at the awesome Colorado State University, studying for a History Major with Business minor Currently in my first semester as a Senior.

I am a spaz about platooning and with pester people to platoon up with me. It is just so lonely playing solo. If I'm on and you want a platoon-mate, hook me up!

Last edited by Republic on Mon May 21, 2012 6:07 am, edited 3 times in total.

Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:49 pm
Staff Sergeant

Hey, lanejc here. I can't believe the amount of SPAM required to go through to get on this forum. :)

Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:10 am
Private

I'm Joe, 36 from Colorado. I'm a detective and an Army National Guardsman with a couple of tours under my belt and one more in 2013 before I can hit retirement. Originally from Virginia, I love Flames of War and miniature gaming in general. At the moment I'm delving into Warmachine, and wishing I could face more historic FoW lists with my US and British Airborne.

I'm a fan of the WWPD podcast and guys, they keep me good company at the painting table. They also make me wish I were still living in Virginia for the meta-game there.

I was loving WoT, but playing randoms solo SUCKS. The few games I've been lucky enough to get into with WWPD clanmates have been a blast. I've got a myriad of tier 8 stuff and can jump into the E-75 or Jadgtiger with the exp I have saved up if the clan needs another tier 9 for organized play.

Hit me up! WoT I'm Chargingstar. Haven't been active in WoT but I would be willing to jump back in for some clan wars or some company battles.

Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:49 am
Corporal

Hi all,

I'm Si, 36 and live in the UK. I'm a member of the British Armed Forces. I've been in the clan since they announced it on the Podcast, whenever that was. I've been playing FoW since about 2007 which I think is not long after v2 came out. I've not played as many games as I'd like to but hopefully I'll be able to rectify that in the new year. Looking forward to catching up with those of you I get a chance to in game.....

Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:03 pm
Staff Sergeant

Babygzus here. Xipetotec on the FOW forums. I'm up in Portland, Or and I've been playing WOT since the beta and been in the clan since I heard an archived podcast mentioning it. Looking forward to more organized clan activity myself and it seems like a good place to put my high tier tanks to better use.

Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:17 pm
Private

Macshimi, Mac, and countless other titles that can't be posted here (ask Kierik he gave them to me). I am a 5th generation Scottish-American who went 20 and out in the Montana Army National Guard and am still serving in the IRR. In the guard i spent my time in the armored cav, combat engineers and GS maintenance. I have been a cav scout, A gunner on a 4 duce mortar (hang'n fire and burning cheese), radio mechanic, commo team cheif, chemical equipment repairman and last but not least power platoon mechanic. I have volenteered as a reserve sheriffs deputy for five years before family took importance on my time. I have a B.S. in drafting with a business minor and also a A.S in drafting. I have worked for two companies since i Graduated from college 22 years ago, I was with the first for 17 years and the current one for 5 years. I am currently working as a refrigeration designer mainly working on super market designs and redesigns.
I realize that I am rambling along but feel free to call me by what ever name you want but dont forget that my daughters can hear what you say over TS just as easily as you can hear them.

WETSU

Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:30 am
Private First Class

Hi, name's Ernst-Udo aka Porkchop. Home is the southshore of Montréal. I also do some Vietnam airsoft on the side with the focus on the Australian contribution. Hence AATTV.
FOW wise, I have the 7AD for MW and LW. But only the LW is fully painted. I have about 2000pts of Bersaglieri for MW and I am working on a LW Soviet light selfpropelled Arty rgt.
My painting and gaming is a little on hold at the moment due to school commitments, ...well that and W.O.T. ( I blame your podcast)
Usually play on my own because I take quick study breaks.

Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:24 am
Sergeant

hi, I'm farmpunk. aka Garrett. I'm 36, from Indianapolis. I'm the founder of http://theback40k.blogspot.com/ I have played primarily 40K Inquisition, but have finally succumbed to the FoW bug. I'm going to do Free French (Americans).

In WoT you'll find me in American tanks for the most part. I'm planning on doing French tanks when they get unveiled.

In Real life, I'm a Cytometrist for the Indiana Cancer center. What's that mean? I sort cells. Stem cells mainly. I run machines that use lasers, Saline, and high voltage to identify and put cells into the tubes I want. I used to be a Tech Service Engineer, working on and designing these things. It's a change from the crop research I used to do.

Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:26 pm
Profile WWW
Private

'Lo gents.

I'm Joe, 32, and I live in the same area as Chris/Darqueling. I work for the DoD, doing a bunch of cyber crime stuff, and play FoW and WoT like the rest of ya. I blame Chris for getting me into WoT personally!

I'm a bit absent these days due to me trying to wrap up college, but you'll catch me on during breaks from time to time.

Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:41 pm
Corporal

Hello there,

I'm Ka_zu_ki on WoT but you can call me Kaz, or Dustin. I am an 18 year old college student in Northern Idaho studying for my double major in Computer Science and Business Administration. I am also a 3x National qualifier for a Microsoft Network Administration competition. I am also one of the youngest members of the WoT WWPD clan, save 1 or 2. I coordinate and manage a local gaming group called Idaho LAN Extremists or IDLE for short. I am fairly social and love to just get on the TS server to chat with many of our great WWPD guys on there.

WWPD has been such a good group and I am very glad to run with them in battle.
Feel free to contact me anytime.

I also do some blogging @ http://idlegeek.wordpress.com/ however, since the very low input of readers I don't post as often as I would like.

Alright, enough from me.

Sincerely,

Ka_zu_ki

Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:44 am
Profile YIM WWW
Private

Daniel from Valdosta, Ga. I am a supervisor for Wingfoot Truck Care Centers ( I are greasemonkey). I've been playing FoW for about 6 years now. Started with US Armor, moved on to the Rangers where I have been given the nickname 'Rainbow Rangers' due to my playstyle and how I mark my platoons.

I got the nickname from a player at an Atlanta tournament. He feared not my Rangers with his pair of KT's. When he assaulted the dug in troops and -4- platoons were pulled into the assault, he started crying. It was the start of a fun little rivalry. The nickname stuck.

I now have German PnzPios with enough support options that I could, in theory play an Armored Company. Only person in my area to drop the Pie Plate of Doom with the 16 gun Pnzwerfer battery!

Da'Grinch got me into WoT and I've been playing since May. :) Blame him for any issues you have with me.
BtW -- My disclaimer - If you take anything I say seriously, you need to re-evaluate your online philosophy. I can be abrasive sometimes, but it's all meant to be over the top for the funny factor.

loza on Mines - Me (You do know what a Bogward is, right?) loza Yeah, one of those demon things on Lord of the Rings

Sat Oct 15, 2011 5:45 pm
Sergeant

Hey guys, I'm Jho, but you can call me Jho 8-) I'm a no life university student. I was born in Switzerland but currently reside in Canuckistan.
I'm very fond of History, Physics and languages; WoT fills my needs of History and Physics, and I when rage in chat, it is usually in several languages. I'm an armchair general if ever there was one, however I pride myself in well thought out plans based on both experience and history.

I like to boast my European heritage and education, please pay no attention to me.

I like long walks on the beach, yadda yadda yadda, let's kick ass in Clanwars :twisted:

Sincerly,

An (I wished I was more than) Average Jho

Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:24 am
Sergeant

Hello guys. Chris is my real name and Kazrok is my WOT handle. I live in VA and work in the Recovery Dept of a papermill.

Started into FOW about 2 years ago with a DAK army. Now I also have a large Polish (EW) force and have started on a Soviet army. Looking forward to EW Soviets.

I pop onto WOT quickly a few times a day when possible. I need to get my arse more involved. Those clan battles look fun.

Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:14 am
Private First Class

Thought I had posted here already.... Anyhow, Brent is my real name I am 38 and my in game handle is xTickx as someone beat me to Tick! WoT is the reason I got into FoW. I started with the Russian tank line and have not veered from it. I mainly play heavy tanks but I am now cutting across the lines via a KV13 to get to those fantastically annoying T-54's who seem to own me all the time these days. A couple weeks ago I said screw it and bought myself a KV-5 and wow it sure is a money maker! Hope to see you guys in game.

Cheers
Brent

Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:34 pm
Private

Greetings, just joined the clan. Glad to be on board.

Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:33 pm
Private

Hello everyone. I am SPA654 in WoT. Just join up yesterday. I am currently closing in my 5000th game. I hope to platoon up with you all very soon. I will list my garage in the other post.

SPA

Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:13 am
Technical Sergeant

Hello all.

Just accepted my invite and my handle is CreekMan on WoT. See you on the field!

Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:44 am
Technical Sergeant

Hey all - would actually like to join up - Dr_Venture AKA GottMitUns205 from the FoW forum asked if I'd like to join. This is "fingolfen" from the FoW forums - and unfortunately I don't have an Elefant yet in WoT, but I do have a nice Tiger II and GW Panther.

Miniature Ordnance Review - http://miniordnancerev.blogspot.com/

Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:51 pm
Private

Hello,

I am stephane.

I play Flames of War and WOT.

I currently play with:
T-54
E-75 (aiming for the E-100)
VK2801 (great 105 HE gun ...)
M12
VK(DB) (aiming for the E-50)
T-20
Stug (love that little TD - very agile !)
Lowe (credit making machine ...)

Had a T-95 and an IS-7: sold them; too dissapointed with their repair cost vs performance on most of the battlefields ...

Of the American TD line: The T25 AT was the most fun to play with

I play often with my friend: SPA654.

Great game WOT; Wish arty could fire some smoke on the battlefields ... it would enable more agressive play on the "camping grounds ..."

Lets all have fun !

Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:01 am
Corporal

Hi guys!

I'm a new player to FoW but was playing WoT before I heard the podcast. I had lost interest, but with people to platoon with, I think my addition could be re-stemied! I'm looking forward to burning some steel with everyone!

Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:18 am
Profile WWW
Corporal

hi my ign is littleblufish and i really took my sweet time getting on the forums... about 117 days actually XD anyway you can call me Nick im 16 and im not a WW2 junkie, i just like video games. Im usually happy to platoon i have tanks from tier 1-8.

Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:51 am
Private

Hey guys, my name it Dave. I live in Delaware and have been on a WoT hiatus until recently acquiring a new gaming computer. I am available most nights to group up and looking froward to doing the T6 company battles.

Just got my son into FoW (and me too) with a decent sized US 2nd/3rd armored div. Have only played a coupe small games, but looking forward to getting into more. Started out with 40K, but world of tanks and my general interest in history made me take the 15mm plunge.

My Blog: http://wargamerhub.blogspot.com

Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:06 am
Corporal

Hello, my name is Eagle (childhood nickname that has stayed with me for the longest time) and I am your straight-A high school student. I've been a history buff for as long as I know and I don't really do any sort of console gaming (there is a picture that exists of me and my grandfather flying a simulator together with me trying to teach him how to fly at the age of 3 (my grandfather served in Vietnam and earned a DFC for his duties) I first learned about world of tanks from Darqueling's let's play (I was there from the beginning) and decided to join up mostly to help improve my skills, not being put on videos on the Internet (I am deathly camera shy).
Three things you should know about me before getting mad at me: If I say I am too old for something, I am often refering to when I go into visions of the past and live a life of the past. Secondly, if I make a reference and don't explain it, please don't push it further since I think I may be or have been in a depression where it often trigger the situation above (parents dont know). Thirdly, please note that if I am in a channel by myself, I will be often practicing one of my musical instruments that I know how to play.

I am wanting to get into Flames of War but I don't know if I have enough money or a strong enough local group for me to join. I may buy some as models but nothing more.

As a "closing" remark, I would like to thank everyone who helped me learn new things on world of tanks as well as choosing me or letting me be field commander for the company matches. I am very soft spoken in real life (I rarely will speak over 200 words in a day) so it helps me with that some. I know I am not perfect at leading (I should of thought of some things a bit more thoroughly) but my ability is increasing as time goes on.

With due respect,
Eagle

P.S. Please disregard the end date in my birthday. I, in reality, am going to be 16 soon so sorry for the mistake. I haven't been on World of Tanks recently since my family's PC's OS drive crashed.

Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:55 am
Reply to topic   [ 138 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next