View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:43 am

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
Forced Retirement (ie. You Find Yourself Clanless) 
Captain

Due to clan size limit restrictions in World of Tanks we have been left with no choice but to implement a "Forced Retirement" policy. This is our current solution to our clan's size as forming two sub-clans currently would be difficult to maintain and create a possible rift we do not wish to have existing.

The policy is this; I will routinely check the last played dates of everyone on the clan list, those with 40+ days of inactivity (with very few exceptions) at the time that I check will be removed from the clan to make room for the new applicants. After weighing out the options, I feel that if you have not played in 40 days, you have probably moved on to something else, which is completely fine.

If you do log back in, regaining interest in the game, and find that you no longer are part of the WWPD clan; all you have to do is submit another application (the same as when you first applied to the clan) mentioning that you are a returning retired clan mate and you will be accepted back into the clan at first opportunity. No need for the questionnaire or anything else.

Again, this is simply to make room for new applicants, only those with inactivity over 40+ days need be concerned, which of course they will immediately be welcomed back in should they return.

I wish there was another way to handle this, but these are the limitations set forth by WoT's and we are attempting to operate the best we can within those boundaries.

Twitch: Darqueling

Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:41 pm
Corporal

I know why I was kicked out from the clan. I haven't played since May.

Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:04 am
Private

Can we possibly broaden this a bit to include members who do not participate.

We're not a competative clan, we're doing this for fun and socialization ....

But when there are certain clan members that log on and don't talk in clan chat or answer private messages, but are just slogging away through the games ... they're not socializing.

Even some of our elitist pricks -occassionally- grace us with their company/chatter.

loza on Mines - Me (You do know what a Bogward is, right?) loza Yeah, one of those demon things on Lord of the Rings

Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:15 pm
Sergeant

I am not an elitist prick. lol

Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:16 pm
Corporal

...that I am unable to do World of Tanks until my father finishes an online back up of our computer. It shouldn't be more than a month but I am not sure since it is going at 4% a day and started about 4 days ago. I think I may buy the iOS Teamspeak and be able to talk some and also upon my return, I will being playing less due to school and my hobbies before I entered a period of hard grinding. I'm going to start a period of soft grinding (doubles on vital tanks and Tank companies plus clan wars). I also am trying to gain enough courage to try to contact an old friend of mine again (same one as I said in introduce yourself thread, I couldn't get enough strength to do such then). I may sound really depressed but if you press me about it, I think I will suddenly become silent and barely speak unless for vital things. Please forgive me of any sudden insults without reason. Just a minor heads up, peace and thanks to you all.

Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:20 am
Corporal

Another heads up: Sixpoundsofmeat (my friend) is right really busy with college stuff so he won't be on for about a week. I think he will return before I do. Just another heads up.

Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:57 pm
Sergeant

I'm about to leave on an Army course, but have the chance to take my netbook with me! I'll be logging in from time to time to tear up some steel!!

Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:56 pm
Corporal

Will be gone for an unpecified period of time due to service and family commentments, may be able to get on occasionally but I honestly don't know.

Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:34 am
Corporal

Small little update: Sixpoundsofmeat is working with his uncle on the coast this summer so he won't be here that much and for me during the fall, I can't play much due to marching season with my school.

Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:01 pm
Private First Class

starting july 26 i will not be till at least the 10th of august. there will be some people playing my account while i am gone but i personally will be gone.

Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:41 pm
Corporal

Hi

I am a long time player of WoT and FoW. Is this an active Clan? Also is there room to join? I log on most days (every day usually) at least for a few tanks I am working on. I live in NZ so probably will only see you yankies on the weekend.

Cheers

Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:23 pm
Profile WWW
Captain

We're active in the sense we randomly play together and hop on TS, but we have long threw in the towel for Clan Wars and anything larger than random play.

Hop on TS and hang out if you want, address is in one of these posts.

Twitch: Darqueling

Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:21 pm
Corporal

ok ty

I am not interested in clan wars or detachments. I just enjoy platooning and doing the freebies, like getting my free t5 premiums.

Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:21 pm
Profile WWW
Sergeant

Darqueling wrote:
... but we have long threw in the towel for Clan Wars and anything larger than random play.

It's a shame as it would be nice to do something 'meaningful' with all of the tanks we've ground out but WGs support for 'casuals' is pretty terrible. Instead of addressing the big issue is that you need to be on potentially every night during campaigns / defend land & strongholds) they think everything is better running T6s instead of T10s. Nope -- it's the 15+hrs a week you have to put in (above and beyond grinding credits and doing your doubles, etc).

Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:02 pm
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]