View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon May 29, 2017 10:00 pm

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
Noskills' National Voice Mod 'Beta' 
Private

Gonna post this as a thread so I can get some feedback on it!

This Mod changes the in-game crew voices of each nation. Now you can have voices of the different
nationalities but still be able to understand what they are saying, essentially it's a voice mod that changes depending on the tank, just like national voices do.

I'm pretty sure this is actually the first mod to properly work with the National voice setting, so I'm pretty proud. It took a lot of work to figure out how WG structured their crew voice files. I should be able to add more versions of this so you can switch between multiple different packs in-game.

Edit: Main link is on WoT NA forums now
http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php ... packs-v21/

Thanks everyone

Last edited by Noskills on Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:11 am
Private

Sorry about that, the link was broken, fixed it!

Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:04 pm
Private

MediaFire says people have been downloading it, which I'm glad for, but I haven't heard a peep from anyone... Any feedback at all?

Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:45 am
Captain

Not really a voice pack person, but its some solid choices of samples to pull from.

Twitch: Darqueling

Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:35 pm
Private

Thanks, I find most voice mods are purely for humour, so they don't always match up with the event very well. I never use voice mods before either because of that problem, but I think I've gotten this one pretty similar to the default voices, in terms of usefulness.

A funny problem I have now is that since I play almost only USSR tanks right now I've pretty much only got the TF2 heavy yelling in my ear lol. Although I haven't got bored of him yet, so that's a good sign.

I suppose you don't use voice mods that often also because you're making your videos, It might be a bit distracting after 20 videos...

But it would be pretty funny if the voices showed up in one of your WOT Personal Mission videos or something lol XD
would give me a good preview video as well :P

Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:41 am
Sergeant

I love the idea -- nation specific voices that you can actually understand!

What did you do for the Japanese and Chinese tanks?

Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:07 pm
Captain

Just record littleblufish talking. LOL

Twitch: Darqueling

Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:51 pm
Private

Lol, I left those as the normal Chinese and Japanese since I couldn't find any good samples for them, and they aren't very popular tanks anyway.
If you download the separate xml file I linked in the readme you can choose which nation uses which voicebank, so you could just change the CN and JP voices to the default so you still understand them too.

Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:44 pm
Private

Update incoming ETA ~3 days,
now with 12 non-WG voice packs to choose from, comes to about a total of 3228 lines
-Company of Heroes: Germans, Brits, Americans
-Team Fortress 2: Medic, Engineer, Scout, Soldier, Spy, Heavy, Demoman, Sniper
-C&C Red Alert 3: Japanese, (I could do Russian and US/UK too but I already got plenty of those)
plus all the original voices are still there too.

I really need to write a script for renaming the files though... T_T
Also still cant find any good Chinese voice samples :( any suggestions?
Maybe I'll see if I can pull voices from my League of Legends,
I was lucky enough to be able to extract the Japanese voices from my copy of Red Alert 3.

Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:10 am
Sergeant

You're insane! You are going to make all of that? With all of the other work you're already doing?

Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:53 pm
Private

HA, just finished it. It's beautiful, with my modified version of IGL's easy crew voice selector, you can pick any of the voice packs from the in game sound menu, and I think I can make a whole bunch of presets for different national voice combos.
You can even have say the engineer's voice as your US tank voice, but say you load up a chaffee or some other US light tank, you can just change to the scout voice in the sound menu, during the countdown, or even mid game.
Everything went better than expected!

Might play with the sound levels a little bit before I put up a new download, just so that there aren't any lines that are too quite.

also I'll have to get IGL's permission to use his xml file, but he's on EU server and forums :?

Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:29 pm
Private

I released v2.1 on the WoT NA forums, you can download the new version there now!
http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php ... packs-v21/

Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:46 pm
Sergeant

Nice. I'll try to get it downloaded and working on Thursday before I leave for University.

Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:58 pm
Sergeant

Okay, so I got the thing working. Quite nice and simple.

One little problem I see is that your national packs don't have descriptions. For example, there are 3 variants of TF2 national mod (National, National alt1 and National alt2) but it's not possible to tell what voices are in the packs.

IIRC, in the drop down menu there is:

Each individual voice
National
Default National (which I believe is exactly the same as National)
Alternate National (CoH and C&C voices)
National TF2
National TF2 alt 1
National TF2 alt 2
National GuP
US & UK

Each of the national packs should have a description (either in a read me file or on your WoT forum thread or both) as to what voices are included in what pack and what voices go to each nationality. It's easy enough to recognize the TF2/CoH/C&C voices in a pack because they're accented for their specific nation, but there's no way of knowing what voices go for which nation in the GuP pack.

Basically, make it a little bit more clear as to what national package contains what. Otherwise, I see no problems with the mod.

Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:55 pm
Private

I'm improving the xml file to be easier to understand and edit next version, so hopefully that will help. Maybe i'll take out the TF2 alt 1 and 2 presets, since it would be better to get the user to create the combination they wanted by themselves in the xml, since there will be too many combinations for me to make a preset for each one of them.

Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:07 pm
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]