View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:33 pm

Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Personal missions on Thursday 
Sergeant

Sooooooooo, who's going to spend an eternity trying to unlock the 4 premium tanks and the female crew?

For those that don't remember, we can get 1 tank per 'level' (StuG IV, T28 turretless prototype, T-55A, and Obj260). There are 4 levels. Each level has 5 classes; light tank, medium, heavy, TD and arty. Each class has 15 missions. Completing a class of missions earns you 1 female crew that you can train to any tank of any nation. Clearing 4/5 mission classes (that's with the secondary missions, 5/5 required without completing secondary missions) will unlock that level's tank

Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:23 pm
Sergeant

Anaveragejho wrote:
Sooooooooo, who's going to spend an eternity trying to unlock the 4 premium tanks and the female crew?

"If you complete the sets in our first campaign of Personal Missions, you get access to a World of Tanks first: female Crew members!

Specifically, finishing the last mission in each set will give you one female Crew member. Therefore, completing the entire campaign can net you 20 Crew members.

Female Crew members are available to all vehicle nations and types (you're allowed to choose which), and every one that joins your ranks carries the following:

A bunk in the Barracks
100% training
Enough XP to take her first Perk to 100%
Automatic assignment of the "Sisterhood of Steel" Perk

Well shit. There goes a ton of recent doing the whole "run low tier preim to get a new crew" right out the door as you basically getting 300% crews straight away. I had eased off but didn't realize we were going to get that many crew members!

Last edited by Fenxis on Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:57 pm
Captain

Perfect opportunity to use my cheater account with its cheater tanks to make some videos =P

Twitch: Darqueling

Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:07 pm
Sergeant

Darqueling wrote:
Perfect opportunity to use my cheater account with its cheater tanks to make some videos =P

with girl tanks.... heh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnN17uJQUbc

Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:25 pm
Profile WWW
Sergeant

farmpunk wrote:
Darqueling wrote:

with girl tanks.... heh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnN17uJQUbc

Apparently we don't get women crews, rather we get pre-op trannies (the voices are still male) :/

Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:48 pm
Sergeant

Darqueling wrote:

Your press account has the reward tanks? Parade around with any of them and every player in your game will go berserk.

Fri Jan 16, 2015 5:05 am
Sergeant

Anaveragejho wrote:
Darqueling wrote:

Your press account has the reward tanks? Parade around with any of them and every player in your game will go berserk.

Double the troll by driving around in the StuGIV and telling people that you unlocked it so fast you got the free Type 59 from the WG contest!

Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:13 pm
Captain

I dont have those tanks on the account, ah well, gonna complete the quests the hard way, ie. use maxed crews and gold ammo for whatever tank I want.

And then record it for vids.

Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:00 pm
Sergeant

Darqueling wrote:
I dont have those tanks on the account, ah well, gonna complete the quests the hard way, ie. use maxed crews and gold ammo for whatever tank I want.

And then record it for vids.

Yeah, I saw your first vid, pretty cool. You a nice choice of tanks for completing different IMs. I was kinda stuck with my french tier 8 arty (the one with no splash whatsoever) trying to complete the "slash two enemies at once" mission. You get to go directly to the T92 or the Conqueror GC. lol

Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:19 pm
Captain

Pweff splash 2 tanks? T92 will splash an entire sector's worth of tanks. Gonna be silly will a press account.

Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:24 pm
Sergeant

lol @ doing the missions on the press account and not your own. Though the unlimited tank selection would make it much easier...

Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:18 pm
Sergeant

saw my first StugIV reward tank today.

Wed Jan 21, 2015 3:42 pm
Profile WWW
Technical Sergeant

So far the mission which took the longest for me to complete was the SPG one in which you have to remain undetected the entire game. Damned scouts! :)

Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:59 pm
Captain

Waiting for WG to restore my account... damn slackers.

Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:26 pm
Sergeant

Unlocked the StuG IV! Despite it being a very good looking tank, it's a bit underwhelming. Maybe it's because I never really played many German tanks, but the engine breaks all the time and it burns as soon as someone just looks at it.

The view range is especially terrible (310), but I guess that it's supposed to go along with the 9.6 TD view range nerf. I went with vent/camo/binocs, but I'm sure that going for an aggressive setup (like rammer/GLD, or GLD/Cyclone) might be more ideal.

Welp, not liking the StuG is just another reason to grind to the T28 Concept.

Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:00 am
Sergeant

Anaveragejho wrote:
Unlocked the StuG IV! Despite it being a very good looking tank, it's a bit underwhelming. Maybe it's because I never really played many German tanks, but the engine breaks all the time and it burns as soon as someone just looks at it.

The StuG III, while haven't played it much in over a year, is still my most played tank -- it was my credit earner before picking up some prem tanks.

I was really hoping to move the crew off to something more worthy, like grinding the 50M line. But the StuG IV has absolutely no pen (and no prem status to cover gold ammo costs) like the other junk pen tier 5 prems (T14/MatildaIV/ChurchIII).

:(

Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:20 pm
Sergeant

Fenxis wrote:
The StuG III, while haven't played it much in over a year, is still my most played tank -- it was my credit earner before picking up some prem tanks.

I was really hoping to move the crew off to something more worthy, like grinding the 50M line. But the StuG IV has absolutely no pen (and no prem status to cover gold ammo costs) like the other junk pen tier 5 prems (T14/MatildaIV/ChurchIII).

:(

I don't know if I would say the gun is bad. It's not exceptional, but it could be worse. The devs were nice enough to give the L/48 godly accuracy and aim time, and that's not something I'm used to since I'm more of a Russian/French TD player.

Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:30 pm
Sergeant

http://tank-compare.com/en/compare/stug ... 77I660I242

Same DPM but with 2/3rds the pen and bit less alpha. You basically have to fire gold out of the IV to equal the same pen as the Auf G :(

The rest of the stats are probably equivalent with hidden soft stats.

Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:39 pm
Sergeant

Fenxis wrote:
http://tank-compare.com/en/compare/stug-iii-ausf-g/stug-iv#T1=168I146I105I206I138&T2=549I448I177I660I242

Same DPM but with 2/3rds the pen and bit less alpha. You basically have to fire gold out of the IV to equal the same pen as the Auf G :(

The rest of the stats are probably equivalent with hidden soft stats.

Yeah, okay. When you put it like that, there's no defending the StuG IV.

Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:23 pm
Sergeant

So for those of you who have already gotten some of the Female crews: Do you get to choose nationality and Job for each of the crewmemebers, or are they just the same nationality as the tank you complete the mission in?

Tue Feb 03, 2015 4:21 pm
Profile WWW
Private

farmpunk wrote:
So for those of you who have already gotten some of the Female crews: Do you get to choose nationality and Job for each of the crewmemebers, or are they just the same nationality as the tank you complete the mission in?

No you get to choose all that.

Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:04 pm
Sergeant

oh good. I really don't need yet ANOTHER American crew, or Soviet crew, or French crew

Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:12 pm
Profile WWW
Sergeant

As an added bonus the Sister of Steel doesn't count as a skill for determining training rate so they are much better for cranking out super crews.

I've finished the MT and TD lines but unfortunately need the LT/SPG/HT platoon missions :/ [madly grinding out the KV-2 in order to have at least at T7 arty]

Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:38 pm
Sergeant

Fenxis wrote:
As an added bonus the Sister of Steel doesn't count as a skill for determining training rate so they are much better for cranking out super crews.

I've finished the MT and TD lines but unfortunately need the LT/SPG/HT platoon missions :/ [madly grinding out the KV-2 in order to have at least at T7 arty]

Feel free to message me in-game. I'll gladly help you out with any of the platoon missions.

Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:31 am
Sergeant

Same here. Solopubbing is certainly a whole lot more convenient (hoping from game to game) but not as much fun.

IMHO platooning will become more and more important as we go up in IM difficulty in order to game the MM. ie: have a medium mission to kill 3 arties? ok.. platoon w/ 2 of them so the game will have more of them, etc.

Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:31 pm
Reply to topic   [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next