View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun May 28, 2017 9:32 am

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
Introduce yourself here! 
Sergeant

Welcome to the sub forum dedicated to gamers in and around Thunder Bay, Ontario Canada. First of all please take a moment to introduce yourself using the following template. Just copy paste and fill in the blanks!

• Name:
Rob Turner

• Miniatures games you most often play:
Flames of War, X-wing

• Miniatures games you want to play:
Hail Caesar, Bolt Action and Napoleonics. Also the upcoming Robotech game!

• Favourite Nationality in FoW:
German

• Favourite Nationality/side/Faction etc in any other games: (List as many as you have)
Romans, Axis in Axis and Allies, Imperials in anything star wars.

• Tell us a little bit or as much as you want about yourself and your hobby interests:
I am an active member of the 501st Legion. I also love Computer games like Company of Heroes, Rome Total war, Panzer Kompanie. I am a massive fan of Mass Effect and Dragon age as well. N7 For Life! By day I am a Journeyman Sheet metal worker in the construction industry and loving husband of Sierra Trees-Turner.

http://www.stormtroopermove.blogspot.ca/

Last edited by zsavk on Sun Sep 07, 2014 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:08 pm
Profile WWW
Private

Name: Sierra

Miniatures games you most often play: Flames of War

Miniatures games you want to play: Hail Caesar

Favourite Nationality in FoW: Brits

Favourite Nationality/side/Faction etc in any other games:
  • Selucids in Rome Total War
  • Greeks in most any other ancient warfare
  • Horde in WoW
  • Paragon in Mass Effect
  • Imperial in anything Star Wars

Tell us a little bit or as much as you want about yourself and your hobby interests:

I am into games (board games, video games, puzzles, card games), pop-culture, travel, and technology

Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:55 pm
Profile WWW
Private

Name: Jason

Miniatures games you most often play: Flames of War

Miniatures games you want to play: Bolt Action, Hail Caesar

Favourite Nationality in FoW: German

Favourite Nationality/side/Faction etc in any other games: Canadians, Romans, British, Space Wolves, Tau

Tell us a little bit or as much as you want about yourself and your hobby interests:
I love nature, storms, fantasy literature, Norse/Greek/Roman mythology, board games and role-playing games.

PS: How do I get cool medal icons?

Sun Sep 07, 2014 5:39 am
Private

Name: Matt

Miniatures games you most often play: FOW, Zombies

Miniatures games you want to play:Bolt action, Ronin, X-Wing, space marine or titan legions

Favourite Nationality in FoW:
Germany

Favourite Nationality/side/Faction etc in any other games: undead horde from war-hammer fantasy!!!!

Names Matt. I have a wide variety if interests specifically military history and the second world war!! I love to paint and minis and to me there is nothing cooler than a full decked out table top full of well painted miniatures!!

Last edited by Skullnbones on Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:48 am
Private

Rod Redden
Living in Kamagaya, Japan, originally from Nova Scotia.
I've been playing Bolt Action for about a year.
I have an extensive collection of WW2 kits in storage back in Canada, but have begun to build up a German force and a British/Canadian force based on 2 Canada Corps.
Most of my figures are plastic. Metal are too heavy to transport between here and home.

Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:44 am
Sergeant

Hello Rod! This forum is specifically for gamers living in Thunder Bay, Ontario Canada. You are welcome to be here, but I think you might have posted in the wrong spot! :)

Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:42 pm
Profile WWW
Private

Name: Keith

Miniatures games you most often play: Flames of War, FoW Fate of a Nation, DUST Tactics/Warfare, Star Trek:Attack Wing, Warhammer

Miniatures games you want to play: Hail Caesar (I'm building a Dacian army and am in the process of deciding how to paint them up)

Favourite Nationality in FoW: UK and Germans, Jordanians (FoaN) ...and some Italian (Raiding Aces)

Other: I play Wow on the Cenarion Circle server both Alliance and Horde. MechWarrior Online. WoTs. Rome Total War (usually Julii). Any old XTR game. Avalon Hill games. One of my all time favourites is a game from GDW called Operation Market Garden. It's double blind system is great. Also the Lost Worlds booklet games. Played that so much, the day I discovered it, that I lost my voice.

Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:09 am
Private

Name:
Dan

Miniatures games you most often play:
Flames of War

Miniatures games you want to play:
Bolt Action. Have Fallschirmjager army started,

Favorite Nationality in FOW:
Germans, Finns, Soviets. Whatever catches my attention but only have a playable German force so far.

Tell us a little bit or as much as you want about yourself and your hobbies:
One online game I play is WW2 online Battleground Europe and I like to get lost in Skyrim every once and a while.

Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:13 am
Private

Name:
Cole Desgroseilliers

Where am I from:
I'm originally from Kapuskasing, ON, Canada but I now live in Thunder Bay, ON, Canada

Miniatures games you most often play:
Flames of War, Warmachine, Warhammer 40K

Miniatures games you want to play:
Black Powder, Bolt Action (Currently deciding between 101st Airborne or Gurkhas) and Pike and Shotte

Favourite Nationality in FoW:
American

Favourite Nationality/side/Faction etc in any other games: (List as many as you have)
Americans, Humans in most Fantasy games, Imperials in star wars and Black Templars in Warhammer 40K

I am a freelance Bass Player and I fix computers to get by. I collect comic books and comic book memorabilia, I collect WW2 items that I find interesting and I just generally collect items that are of interest to me.

Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:08 am
Sergeant

Hey Cole! Glad you found us here. WWPD has something to cover all your interests. Its pretty funny that we now have 2 guys from Kap in our little community as well.

Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:24 pm
Profile WWW
Private

Hey Cole hows it going ? Great to know that we have renforcments in all our out of town locations!!

Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:04 am
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]