View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:26 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Campaign System Bugs and future features. 
Major

So we have known for a long time we wanted to make a Campaign system that we can re-use again and again for multiple gaming systems and not have to rebuild it from the ground up. The first two campaigns were clunky and time consuming to run. Italy is that new system and while its far from fully featured (more on that later), it is a working beta and has the core features of the past campaigns.

But with any beta there will be bugs, if you spot anything that doesn't work or look right please make a post below with the details of the page URL your browser and how you discovered the bug.

Current Features

• Single Campaign Login - You only need to register once, which will gain you access to all future WWPD campaigns under the same username (this will allow future features like games played and player profiles)
  • Easy player search - Easily search and add a friend to battle reports.
  • Automatic win/loss calculation - Now the campaign map does all our hard work for us, all an admin needs to do is approve a report and the system does the rest.
  • Progress bar - You can see how your side is doing at a simple glance.
  • Report Feed - View all approved reports in a single timeline.
  • Simple and intuitive battle report form
  • Point information at a glance.
  • Supports multi-sided campagins

Future Features

• User Profiles - See and read every battle report a user has submitted as well as view the victory/loss ratio and add them as a friend and see their local gaming group/location and view their awarded medals.
  • Medal Tracking - One of our most popular features has been the medals awarded for a campaign, we would like to make this automated so that medals are awarded for taking part in a campaign, submitting over a certain number of reports in a single campaign, achieving a certain number of victories in a certain campaign, submitting a certain number of reports across all campaigns ect.
  • Community posts/news
  • WYSIWYG Battle report submission - add images and styling to reports.
  • Fire and forget Campaigns - Campaigns that run automatically and repeatedly without admin input, this opens up the possibility of massive campaigns that last for aslong as it takes for one side to win ( and why be limited to one theatre when you can have the world!)
  • Player validated reports - Rate and or report other peoples reports, if a report is invalid or cheating, or lists you in a report you weren't in you can let us know, additionally reports you do like give users a boost which may lead to player rewards/account bonuses to good players.
  • Player finder integration - Players will add their local gaming location to their profile (no personal addresses) so they and their local gaming center will appear as a pin on the map. This will cut out the middle man for the finder allowing players to maintain it instead of us and allow all participants for the campaigns to find players locally.

“Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.”
― Albert Einstein

Mon May 05, 2014 8:37 pm
Profile WWW
First Sergeant

I entered my first batrep a few minutes ago. It just sat there for ages looking as though it were busy uploading but with no definate "finished upload". When i went back to the home page it says I have one Battle Report, but I can't see any way of checking what i entered is all okay... is there a review feature to see your own submitted battle report?
(I assume there is a delay in seeing all batreps as i can see Saturdays reports not Sundays).

Sun May 11, 2014 3:13 pm
Major

ambler wrote:
I entered my first batrep a few minutes ago. It just sat there for ages looking as though it were busy uploading but with no definate "finished upload". When i went back to the home page it says I have one Battle Report, but I can't see any way of checking what i entered is all okay... is there a review feature to see your own submitted battle report?
(I assume there is a delay in seeing all batreps as i can see Saturdays reports not Sundays).

There is not currenty any way of viewing reports youve sent, but we will add it to the list. Reviews will also only show up once they have been validated by an admin.

“Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.”
― Albert Einstein

Sun May 11, 2014 5:50 pm
Profile WWW
Major

*More info on the batrep summary: Show the players, forces, and victory points in a subheader.
*See reports for a particular area
*Show a progress bar for each open region- especially now that the math is changed enough to show that conclusively!

Sun May 11, 2014 9:54 pm
Major

We've already added a few things we felt we couldn't live without, reports now show score and user names in the header:
http://italy.wwpd.net/updates.php

Thumbnails have also been added to reports:
http://italy.wwpd.net/

― Albert Einstein

Mon May 12, 2014 11:51 pm
Profile WWW
Corporal

So me and the guy I have been playing against both picked the wrong country as our side, in our first report we played each others lists, but we would like to switch. How can we do that?

Our usernames our Huntandkill and Keenan9...

Oddball-(Kelly's Heroes)

Wed May 14, 2014 7:05 pm
Major

I can swap you. Shoot me an email who should be who, will ya?

Steven at wwpd dot net

Wed May 14, 2014 7:14 pm
Corporal

email sent

Thanks Steve

Oddball-(Kelly's Heroes)

Wed May 14, 2014 7:51 pm
Corporal

Is it possible to edit your own reports?

Oddball-(Kelly's Heroes)

Wed May 14, 2014 9:15 pm
Major

Huntandkill wrote:
Is it possible to edit your own reports?

Were working on it. But even then they will probably only be editable up until they are validated.

― Albert Einstein

Wed May 14, 2014 9:25 pm
Profile WWW
Corporal

I recently realized I left out the point value of one list and the number of turns played, neither are required, but are nice to have...

Oddball-(Kelly's Heroes)

Wed May 14, 2014 9:27 pm
Major

You can now filter reports by location. Simply click on a map point and in the header of the form, you will see "view previous reports". That will take you to a report page like this...

http://italy.wwpd.net/updates.php?location=snakehead

To view reports on a closed location, you can change the url to match the location name. We will add a permanent solution to this shortly.

To view reports on a closed location you can click the point and it will skip the form page and take you directly to the filtered results.

― Albert Einstein

Fri May 16, 2014 10:24 pm
Profile WWW
Private

It looks like my pictures did not get uploaded for the first three reports I have submitted. Is there an obvious thing I am doing wrong. I was loading them directly from my computer?

Scott

Sat May 17, 2014 7:48 pm
Profile YIM
Major

AngusIII wrote:
It looks like my pictures did not get uploaded for the first three reports I have submitted. Is there an obvious thing I am doing wrong. I was loading them directly from my computer?

Scott

Can you send me a PM with your user account, email address you signed up with and the points you submitted reports to.

― Albert Einstein

Sun May 18, 2014 12:44 am
Profile WWW
Private First Class

ambler wrote:

I'm having this issue right this second. It is uploading and uploading and uploading and in another window it is showing the account as having a batrep. I don't know if it safe to quit or not...

I'm logged in as rabaca not Bean965 if you go check.

Sun May 18, 2014 10:35 pm
Major

Bean965 wrote:
ambler wrote:

I'm having this issue right this second. It is uploading and uploading and uploading and in another window it is showing the account as having a batrep. I don't know if it safe to quit or not...

Perhaps your file sizes are too large?

Try reducing the size of your images then re-uploading them. Perhaps the image upload is having issues I will look into it.

― Albert Einstein

Sun May 18, 2014 11:53 pm
Profile WWW
Private First Class

TheSignal wrote:
Bean965 wrote:
ambler wrote:

Try reducing the size of your images then re-uploading them. Perhaps the image upload is having issues I will look into it.

That's what I thought too. Should I quit out of the attempt to upload?

Mon May 19, 2014 12:25 am
Major

Bean965 wrote:
TheSignal wrote:

That's what I thought too. Should I quit out of the attempt to upload?

Copy/Paste the text you have written so you don't have to write it again if you dont have it open in a work doc or something.

Then hit refresh, then paste in your text and your score again, and reupload your photos. If the problem persists, you could try adding the images to a forum post here with your battle report and use the URL link to link it directly to your post.

Please let us know if you continue to have problems and we will do what we can to investigate.

― Albert Einstein

Mon May 19, 2014 12:31 am
Profile WWW
Private First Class

Well I reduced the size of the pix considerably and then reduced the number of pics two more times and it just never stops uploading. But the batrep count on rabaca's account is up to three now, so I'm going to assume there's a usable one in there somewhere.

Correction @ 1900 hrs: The batrep is up on the updates with three random pics. I'm going to repost it on my blog with all the photos at www.stevebeangames.com if one of you guys wants to add that url to the batrep.

Mon May 19, 2014 2:58 am
Private First Class

The same batrep posted twice.

Tue May 20, 2014 4:41 pm
Major

Bean965 wrote:

Could you give more details?

Batrep name for instance?

― Albert Einstein

Tue May 20, 2014 5:51 pm
Profile WWW
Private

TheSignal wrote:
Bean965 wrote:

Could you give more details?

Batrep name for instance?

This is the one that posted twice. 4th Indian Division - Ghurkas vs 1st Fallschirmjager Division

Tue May 20, 2014 6:48 pm
Technical Sergeant

Dunno if its been mentioned before, but one thing I'd like to see is the battlereport map location on the main newsfeed. Helps see what's trending/being contested. :)

Overall a great look to the page. Well done, chaps!

Mike

My blog!
http://www.scarybiscuitsstudios.com
-.-- --- ..- / -.-. .- -. - / ... - --- .--. / - .... . / ... .. --. -. .- .-.. .-.-.-

Sat May 24, 2014 4:04 am
Profile WWW
Staff Sergeant

I like how easy it is to create a BATREP.

Only issue was with the scoring. Should make it a mandatory drop down.

Also my son and his friends were my antagonist, so I had to create a user account for them. I have no problem having online accounts for my kids, but some parents do.

Image Image Image

Thu May 29, 2014 1:24 am
Private

Hey Guys,

I added a report this morning (5/29/14, 10:30ish) but the report does not show in the updates. The report counter for my ID is correct (I have now submitted a total of 2) but the rport is not showing.

The battle was between Brigadebill and Zenk.

Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jeff Knez

Thu May 29, 2014 3:41 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next