View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 25, 2017 8:57 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
What will be the campaign guidelines? 
Major

Get out.

BTW to fix your signature, remove all of the "enters" between your medal codes, and they should all line up!

Thu May 08, 2014 3:45 pm
Private First Class

So what about Commandos? They were not part of the actual OOB for Diadem, but Commandos have been present in Italy since 1943 and did see a lot of fighting in Italy.

Or to sum it up: Only units that were actually part of the Operation (see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_ ... _of_battle)? Or units, that were in the Mediterranean Theatre and realistically could have taken part in the fighting?

I know, that lists should be "italy appropriate", but this obviously is a bit unspecific, hence my question.

In my case i could use Mid-War Commandos or Normandy Commandos (leaving out any stuff that wasn't used in Italy, like AVsRE), or no Commandos at all (that is: i won't be able to participate)

So what is your prefered option as campaign organisers?

Sat May 10, 2014 9:00 pm
Technical Sergeant

Stingray_tm wrote:
So what about Commandos? They were not part of the actual OOB for Diadem, but Commandos have been present in Italy since 1943 and did see a lot of fighting in Italy.

Or to sum it up: Only units that were actually part of the Operation (see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_ ... _of_battle)? Or units, that were in the Mediterranean Theatre and realistically could have taken part in the fighting?

I know, that lists should be "italy appropriate", but this obviously is a bit unspecific, hence my question.

In my case i could use Mid-War Commandos or Normandy Commandos (leaving out any stuff that wasn't used in Italy, like AVsRE), or no Commandos at all (that is: i won't be able to participate)

The First Special Service Force from Road to Rome p.160. A whole freakin' brigade of Elite Allied Commandos.

Sun May 11, 2014 5:17 am
Private First Class

Erm... I think the British might politely object, if you mistake them for Americans... Not even the same continent... And when it comes to Flames of War: Different miniatures, different colors, different equipment, different special rules and different skill rating.

Or do you suggest, my opponent should use his American Paratroopers as Fallschirmjäger, since both are paratroopers after all...?

I'd rather use my Commandos as stand-ins for New Zealanders, if i had to. Then at least the support options would be correct.

Sun May 11, 2014 9:06 am
Major

Quote:

To let you guys figure it out, and have fun :)

Sun May 11, 2014 1:40 pm
Private First Class

Great :)

I feared, you would be rejecting battle reports with armies, that are not 100% accurate.

Sun May 11, 2014 2:33 pm
Major

If soviets vs Finns get added, we're rejecting it.

If a British force with mostly historical kit facing Germans from Grey Wold using Italy kit only, we're accepting it :)

Sun May 11, 2014 2:40 pm
Technical Sergeant

Stingray_tm wrote:
Erm... I think the British might politely object, if you mistake them for Americans... Not even the same continent... And when it comes to Flames of War: Different miniatures, different colors, different equipment, different special rules and different skill rating.

Or do you suggest, my opponent should use his American Paratroopers as Fallschirmjäger, since both are paratroopers after all...?

I'd rather use my Commandos as stand-ins for New Zealanders, if i had to. Then at least the support options would be correct.

The FSSF was Canadian and US. Also, I see nothing in your earlier post specifying British Commandos (since the Yanks and Canucks had them as well), so that's why I suggested the FSSF. :)

And if any of my opponents wants to proxy minis for ones they don't have, its fine with me, just as long as I know what is representing what. :D I like having a good game, and I don't care about button-counting ;)

Mon May 12, 2014 4:59 am
Private First Class

No problem, mate.

But as far as i know, in the context of Flames of War, "Commandos" exlusively refers to British Commandos (especially with a capital C), since they were the only ones, that had this term in their unit title. FSSF surely were "commandos", but still they were the "First Special Service Force" and were called that, "Devil's Brigade" or "The Black Devils". If i had used a lower case c, you'd be absolutely correct.

Just for clarification :)

Mon May 12, 2014 10:21 am
Corporal

Will every batrep show up on the campaign homepage? or do just some?

Oddball-(Kelly's Heroes)

Wed May 14, 2014 5:34 pm
Major

They all do once they are approved.

Wed May 14, 2014 5:42 pm
Corporal

I think you should be able to see by how much a side is winning in any given sector…?

Oddball-(Kelly's Heroes)

Thu May 15, 2014 2:32 am
Private

Are Mid-War Monster Units legal?

Sat May 17, 2014 6:35 am
Major

In a historical Late War campaign?

What does your opponent say?

Sat May 17, 2014 12:30 pm
Private

its fine. so then i guess they are legal

Sat May 17, 2014 6:19 pm
Major

They're legal if your opponent and you decide that you will use mid war lists and fictional units in a late war historical campaign :)
If y'all have fun, I'm happy.

Sat May 17, 2014 6:23 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2