View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:20 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Cold Wars Mid-War Doubles tournament 3/17/17 
First Sergeant

Mid-War Last Hurrah Doubles Tournament at Cold-Wars

Friday 17th 2017. Start time 1030 am, be there at 1000 or I may give your spot away. Three 2 ½ hour rounds. The I-95 Gamers will be running a Mid-War doubles tournament at Cold Wars. Lists from any of the Mid-War books will be used but no Desert Forts or Fortified companies are allowed. Teams make two 1,000 point companies but you man only have one tank, one mech, or one infantry company. Germans may ally with Romanians and Hungarian, and the US and British may combine. You can “swing” up to 200 points to either 1k company. One air purchase per team

The cost is 10 dollars per team which will go to prizes.

Watch the FoW Forum and I-95 blog site: http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/I95 ... ents_page/

Terrain will be typical I-95 stuff. The Missions will be random and Domination missions are possible as well. Scoring will be based on “Wins” and then points. Please reserve a slot for your team as soon as you can by e-mailing Eric Lauterbach at errk68@yahoo.com Please be sure to indicate the nationality of your team. All miniature manufacturers are welcome but no unpainted teams.

We also encourage you to bring a chess clock we will enforce the 60% of the time rule if you go over you lose. You need to be playing at least 6 turns.

Thanks and see you there!

Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:48 pm
Corporal

Anyone looking for a partner? I have Brits or Germans? Some of my friends are coming, but not until Friday afternoon or evening, so they'll be no help for me on Friday morning.

Tue Dec 13, 2016 5:02 pm
Profile WWW
Private First Class

May Germans pair with Finns?

Tue Dec 13, 2016 5:09 pm
Staff Sergeant

Hey guys, so Cpt Echo and I will be teaming up. Looking forward to seeing everyone next week. Hopefully PA winters are warmer than here? :)

The army sleeps under the stars
The navy navigates by using the stars
The air force picks its hotels based on the number of stars.....

Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:41 am
Staff Sergeant

Because this is the last V3 tournament I will be going to, I have decided to take stuff not in the V4 British book.

Monty's Mongrels: I am taking some Rifles, 6lbr Portees, Bishops, Deacons, and yes I even paid for trucks for my infantry :)
Dingo Ate your Baby: My partner is taking a bunch of Dingos backed up by some Hurricanes. Its going to be hilarious.

We're going to play some Team Yankee on the tables afterward too :)

Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:30 pm
Corporal

Matt Varnish wrote:
Because this is the last V3 tournament I will be going to, I have decided to take stuff not in the V4 British book.

Monty's Mongrels: I am taking some Rifles, 6lbr Portees, Bishops, Deacons, and yes I even paid for trucks for my infantry :)
Dingo Ate your Baby: My partner is taking a bunch of Dingos backed up by some Hurricanes. Its going to be hilarious.

I am so excited to have all my dingos and daimlers on the table. I'll need to buy some more fire to represent their horrific deaths. I want permission to leave my burning trucks on table as well. because that will look cooler. I brought litko dead tokens for my men.

It occurs to me after writing this, that I spent an awfully large amount of time making sure all my dead models look cool. I'm glad we're on the same page here Mr. Varnish.

Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:05 pm
Profile WWW
Staff Sergeant

Captainecho wrote:
Matt Varnish wrote:

I am so excited to have all my dingos and daimlers on the table. I'll need to buy some more fire to represent their horrific deaths. I want permission to leave my burning trucks on table as well. because that will look cooler. I brought litko dead tokens for my men.

It occurs to me after writing this, that I spent an awfully large amount of time making sure all my dead models look cool. I'm glad we're on the same page here Mr. Varnish.

And we somehow managed to win all 3 games and wind up in 2nd place overall!!!!!! Deacons and Bishops and Dingos, Oh-My!
Had a blast, was great to meet up with everyone!

Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:23 am
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]