View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:44 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Where would you like WWPD's next campaign to take place? 

Poll ended at Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:13 pm
FOW Eastern Front 24%  24%  [ 30 ]
FOW North Africa 19%  19%  [ 24 ]
FOW Market Garden 15%  15%  [ 19 ]
FOW Bulge *giggity* 17%  17%  [ 22 ]
Bolt Action - Anywhere! (include specifics below) 14%  14%  [ 18 ]
X-Wing - A Galaxy far far away 6%  6%  [ 7 ]
Saga - Battle Royal 4%  4%  [ 5 ]
Any of the above! I don't care just shut up and take my money! 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
Please don't. You guys suck and we hate you. 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 127

Major

Time to ask you guys, the community, where/when WWPD should take the next campaign. Sound off below!

“Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.”
― Albert Einstein

Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:13 pm
Profile WWW
Technical Sergeant

I'm still partial to North Africa... Sonderverband 288 must be built after nearly 10 years in blisters!

Mike

My blog!
http://www.scarybiscuitsstudios.com
-.-- --- ..- / -.-. .- -. - / ... - --- .--. / - .... . / ... .. --. -. .- .-.. .-.-.-

Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:10 am
Profile WWW
Staff Sergeant

North Africa when?
Early?
Mid?
I could really sink my teeth into that !
I LOVE early war desert Brits/commmonwealth :)
Buuut...I would guess for inclusion sake, it would need to be Mid.

Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:08 am
Sergeant

Mid war Nth Africa would let my Maori boys come out and play again, and I might actually post some pics!

Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:24 am
Private

I had a lot of fun with the Overlord campaign - It really provided the motivation to get things assembled and painted, and to learn the rules quick sticks.

I put my vote in for Battle of the Bulge mainly because all I've got right now is late war British (self-interested voting). Desert would be awesome though - I'd have to weigh up Afrika Korps or Commonwealth as my second army.

1st Caledonian Mechanised Division
'Gang Forrit'

Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:35 am
Sergeant

Personally Id love to see a swing to Mid War North Afrika. But I voted for Late War Eastern front because I know alot of Russian Armies are collecting dust lately. Several of my friends with said armies would love to play in a campaign where they dont have to borrow other people armies lol.

http://www.stormtroopermove.blogspot.ca/

Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:54 am
Profile WWW
Technical Sergeant

Could always do an alternate history where the Allies invade Scandanavia. That way, everyone can participate. Then again, I'm German, so I'll fight anyone.

Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:35 pm
Technical Sergeant

I voted for North Africa. Specifically I think Mid-War Tunisia, otherwise its a British affair only for Allies.

Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:03 pm
Profile WWW
Private

I'm partial to a Sicily invasion with a race to Messina for the Allies. See if Patton can beat Monty or not.

Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:52 am
Staff Sergeant

Bulge,But we need a boatload of PDFs made. or Operation BAgration.

Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:09 pm
Profile WWW
Staff Sergeant

happymcrobert wrote:
I'm partial to a Sicily invasion with a race to Messina for the Allies. See if Patton can beat Monty or not.

sicily would be pretty kool.

Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:35 pm
Profile WWW
Technical Sergeant

I feel a bit torn as I am trying to build my army as an Eastern Front German army. Well, the 25th fought on both fronts, but you get the picture. So, I do lean towards giving the Stalinist a shot at feeling my bullets, but that leaves out so many other countries, too. It's too bad there isn't a way to do two fronts at the same time. Well, unless there was some sort of fake invasion of the nordic countries that will involve everyone. There might be a shortage of German players!

Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:04 pm
Major

heychadwick wrote:
I feel a bit torn as I am trying to build my army as an Eastern Front German army. Well, the 25th fought on both fronts, but you get the picture. So, I do lean towards giving the Stalinist a shot at feeling my bullets, but that leaves out so many other countries, too. It's too bad there isn't a way to do two fronts at the same time. Well, unless there was some sort of fake invasion of the nordic countries that will involve everyone. There might be a shortage of German players!

Global scale campaign has passed through my mind several times but I think thats a goal to work towards, trying to tackle that at this point in time alone is probably a bridge too far.

“Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.”
― Albert Einstein

Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:24 pm
Profile WWW
First Sergeant

I'm not sure how this could impact your sponsorship structure or workload in managing the enterprise but any chance we can mix game formats in the same campaign - company sized actions using FOW and platoon sized using BA or the new Chain of Command rules

SInce a company with support is maybe 5x the size of a platoon (I'm guessing here so please no "well actually's") you could give wins for a FOW game 5x the value of the win from a smaller scale game.

It's a way to let more people participate, especially if they don't have a FOW army ready to go for the theater selected.

Just a thought.

http://lairoftheubergeek.blogspot.com/

Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:25 pm
Profile WWW
Sergeant

happymcrobert wrote:

If it's Sicily though you leave out the NZers, Aussies, Sth Africans and Indians!

Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:18 pm
First Sergeant

I think its tough to ask people to vote over multiple systems. I don't think there are enough people who want to play X-Wing, Bolt Action, or Chain of Command to out vote those here that love Flames of War (no offense intended guys as I am one of you as well). Perhaps it might be best to just limit the voting for Flames of War games?

That being said, I do believe its time for another event in the WWPD timeline. Personally, I actually enjoy the rotation, sometimes I want super historical like the last one, sometimes I just want to make up a unit and history and go to town and let the dice determine history, like Sealion.

Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:25 am
Technical Sergeant

I vote for FoW 6 Day War, using a fictitious set of countries, embroiled in a ridiculous multi-sided against enemies foreign and domestic!

Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:34 am
First Sergeant

Monasier wrote:
I vote for FoW 6 Day War, using a fictitious set of countries, embroiled in a ridiculous multi-sided against enemies foreign and domestic!

Now that would take a lot of background work, but would be AMAZING to pull off. Signal, count me in if you need help with the creative stuff!

Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:36 am
Major

ArbatheHutt wrote:
Monasier wrote:

Now that would take a lot of background work, but would be AMAZING to pull off. Signal, count me in if you need help with the creative stuff!

Neeeeeever gonna happen. Atleast not until FoW Moderns is a big thing. Early-war is more likely to get a campaign before that.

― Albert Einstein

Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:17 am
Profile WWW
Sergeant

Lorraine campaign

Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:24 pm
Staff Sergeant

I figured the x wing,bolt action and saga were a joke.I thought this was just for FOW.

Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:36 am
Profile WWW
Major

col.krazy_kenny wrote:
I figured the x wing,bolt action and saga were a joke.I thought this was just for FOW.

Why would they be? System could be adapted to any game we choose, but only if there is enough interest.

FOW is the most popular which is why we selected it.

― Albert Einstein

Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:15 am
Profile WWW
Technical Sergeant

North Africa / Tunisia / Scicily / Italy would be GREAT!!

I could use my GURKHAS!! 8-)

Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:13 pm
Private

How long do you reckon it will take between a decision being made on the theatre of operations and the beginning of the actual campaign i.e. your idea development to implementation lead time?

(I'm thinking of planning for my next force, so am looking to get a picture of how much longer I've got before the next big stoush kicks off).

Love yer work!

1st Caledonian Mechanised Division
'Gang Forrit'

Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:20 pm
First Sergeant

I could participate in either an campaign set in EW where I could run my Polish stuff or a SAGA campaign.

Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:19 pm
Profile WWW
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next