View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:10 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ] 
View batreps by location 
Major

You can now view every batrep by location on the overlord site. Check it out.

I still plan to go through and add photos for each point. Unlike sealion this site will be staying up perminently. Atleast until no one uses it any more.

“Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.”
― Albert Einstein

Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:13 am
Profile WWW
Private

Thanks for the work, very interesting. :)

Somehow Omaha Beach does not work for me.

Cheers,

Rolf.

Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:46 am
Major

Fixed.

“Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.”
― Albert Einstein

Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:03 pm
Profile WWW
Technical Sergeant

This is very cool! One thing that I have noticed is that there is no way to close the window down and I usually hit F5 to refresh the screen to get back to the main map. Is there something else I should be doing?

EDIT: Oh, and this is real cool! It's crazy how some places had so many battle reports! It's also interesting to see how some places fell with only 4 or so battles there. More US than UK forces playing, it seems.

Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:27 pm
Major

heychadwick wrote:
This is very cool! One thing that I have noticed is that there is no way to close the window down and I usually hit F5 to refresh the screen to get back to the main map. Is there something else I should be doing?

EDIT: Oh, and this is real cool! It's crazy how some places had so many battle reports! It's also interesting to see how some places fell with only 4 or so battles there. More US than UK forces playing, it seems.

I wont bore you with the math but basically there was a minimum number of battles required on each map depending on its importance and then a minimum difference in VP depending on the difficulty of the terrain before an area would change hands. Though you can see the Germans in Le Mollay Littry went a bit overboard and thrashed the Allies with 24+ victory points. St Lo had even more with +51. It would have taken alot to change that. My biggest regret of the campaign is that we had no way of showing if the Axis are thrashing an area so the Allies knew to focus somewhere else.

We will try get a breakdown of how many Brits, Canadians, US and Germans are when we publish the stats, but I think you are correct in saying the US outnumbered the Brits.

― Albert Einstein

Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:24 pm
Profile WWW
Private First Class

This is great - I love that you're sharing the data. Fascinating

TheSignal wrote:
My biggest regret of the campaign is that we had no way of showing if the Axis are thrashing an area so the Allies knew to focus somewhere else.

I think your visual representation with the cross/star was on the right track, just not "sensitive enough." Perhaps if the sector filled up with battle symbols (crossed swords or little explosions like you see in history books) to show how much fighting is going on there and to give a sense of VPs without tipping players off so specifically that they start gaming the system?

Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:18 pm
Private

Hmm, the last one I submitted was in the Saint-Jean-des-Baisants sector. My blog page address doesn't seem to show on the list. Maybe the submission didn't work? If it didn't work, that'd be a shame as it was a 6-1 win for the Allies (and was my fifth and final battle too - hunting after that 'Veteran' medal!)

Would have been Peter28842 on a Wordpress blog.

1st Caledonian Mechanised Division
'Gang Forrit'

Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:44 am
Major

Peter28842 wrote:
Hmm, the last one I submitted was in the Saint-Jean-des-Baisants sector. My blog page address doesn't seem to show on the list. Maybe the submission didn't work? If it didn't work, that'd be a shame as it was a 6-1 win for the Allies (and was my fifth and final battle too - hunting after that 'Veteran' medal!)

Would have been Peter28842 on a Wordpress blog.

What was the Batrep URL?

― Albert Einstein

Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:21 am
Profile WWW
Technical Sergeant

Is there any way to see who played the most battles? :)

Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:44 pm
Major

heychadwick wrote:
Is there any way to see who played the most battles? :)

Were still sorting through the data, there is alot of it dontcha know. As soon as we have a detailed breakdown we will publish it.

― Albert Einstein

Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:23 pm
Profile WWW
Private

Re my last battle report in St-Jean-Des-Baisants. The URL should be http://peter28842.wordpress.com/2013/08/04/150/

My previous ones were:

http://peter28842.wordpress.com/2013/07 ... t-gabriel/
http://peter28842.wordpress.com/2013/07/13/111/
http://peter28842.wordpress.com/2013/07 ... cond-line/
http://peter28842.wordpress.com/2013/07 ... june-1944/

but I think they all turned out ok.

Cheers.

1st Caledonian Mechanised Division
'Gang Forrit'

Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:29 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 11 posts ]