View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon May 29, 2017 10:00 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ] 
News 5.8 
Private

http://overlord.wwpd.net/2013/08/05/inv ... ey-cities/

Hope everyone enjoyed these. Thanks to the guys for putting all this together.

Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:23 pm
Technical Sergeant

I enjoyed them! Much thanks.

Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:25 pm
Major

It was a narrow axis victory. Overall the allies had more points, but the 2 victory locations were solidly in German hands. St Lo had almost no hope of going to the allies. Cherbourg was neck and neck, but the krauts had it.

Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:11 pm
Major

There was no sudden turn around. Its been compleatly neck and neck since the beach landings. The axis managed to hold 2/3 objectives. They only lost ground in some areas because of the time limit on each point forces a withdrawal. The allies failed to achieve their objectives dispite taking alot of ground.

“Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.”
― Albert Einstein

Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:21 pm
Profile WWW
Private First Class

The news papers were an outstanding touch, thank you for doing them!

WWPD coin #23

Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:35 pm
Sergeant

Well done! Thank you everyone for making it such a great experience!

http://www.stormtroopermove.blogspot.ca/

Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:13 pm
Profile WWW
Staff Sergeant

Great job on the campaign. Look forward to another in the future. My son and I had some good games of FOW and he really understands the fundamentals now. He actually beat me in 2 out 5 games.

Like Neal, I thought the Allies were rocking and I wasnt even paying attention to the objectives. Actually, I didnt even know what the objectives were besides killing Nazis lol probably should have read the FAQ!!!

Image Image Image

Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:50 pm
Private

For me it was a first experience with this kind of campaign and I enjoyed it very much. It was indeed an great coincidene that it ran parallel to my Ham and Jam competition. I hope next time round to be able to contribute more personal games. As my BF beach mat arrived late I had to scrach build one. I must say that I am pleased with the result and may make me another one for a Total War Beach landing.

Vinpiedev

Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:11 pm
Private

Thoroughly enjoyed it to, checking the map and batreps in the morning and evening has been an enjoyable daily ritual since this began! Thanks to all involved in putting this on and looking forward to the next one.

Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:56 pm
Private First Class

it was over too fast and ya, I missed the part about objective cities. To busy chasing Germans all round the countryside,

Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:00 pm
Private First Class

Neal Smith wrote:
Enjoyed them a bunch also!

I'm a bit surprised at the "sudden" turnaround! I was under the impression the Allies were about to steamroller it!

That's what you get from listening to propaganda I guess... :)

LOL, simply because as a German player I wrote a post saying I thought that the "news" was too one-sided - I never imagined that the Allied players would get hornswaggled by their own propaganda.

As I posted on the "Congrats Germans" thread that Grumpus started, the sectors our group fought in were pretty random too.

For the next campaign (There WILL be one, right? Pleeeeeease...) I hope there will be some way for each side to discuss strategy, some kind of countdown clock to when sectors will close as well as some kind of objective indicator of success that doesn't give players a way to game the system - I really appreciate the WWPD designers NOT posting numbers that would tell each side exactly what they needed to do in a sector to secure/defend it.

Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:08 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 11 posts ]