View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:44 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
FoW V4 to TY Rules Differences 
Captain

Hopefully the attached will be useful to players who play both Version 4 FoW and Team Yankee.

Please let me know if you see errors or omissions.

Attachments:
V4_to_TY_Rules.doc
V4_to_TY_Rules.doc [48 KiB]
Downloaded 64 times
Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:11 am
Profile WWW
Private

Iron-Tom wrote:
Hopefully the attached will be useful to players who play both Version 4 FoW and Team Yankee.

Please let me know if you see errors or omissions.

Thanks for this, it is a great idea and a handy reference! It will need updating, of course and I will have a more careful look soon.

Off of the top of my head, there are significant differences in the Assault procedure, not least of which is that in V4 teams breaking off need to use Tactical movement and end up just over 6" from enemy assaulting teams whereas in TY they can use Dash speed and only need get more than 4" away. I believe that in both cases tanks can run over enemy infantry to do so.

Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:53 am
Staff Sergeant

Nicely done Tom, just a quick glance and it looks like they are going to have to keep some differences between TY and TY in WWII just because of the nature of the weapons involved and the speed of the modern battlefield. But it looks like you could easily align many rules to make playing each version less burdensome for those that chose to play both. I will see about spending some time this weekend going over both rules and see if I can contribute further or confirm you have it all covered.

Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:14 am
Captain

I added the notes about break off distances.

I also think I've been may have playing break off wrong.

"Break off the shortest distance required to be 6” away from all assaulting teams. Break Off units that do not get out of 6” are destroyed." Does this mean that the break off unit stops moving once it gets to 6" in FoW (or 4" at Dash in TY)?

Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:56 am
Profile WWW
Corporal

Thank You!

This was on my list of things to do.

Now I do not have to :-)

Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:58 pm
Corporal

Iron-Tom wrote:
Does this mean that the break off unit stops moving once it gets to 6" in FoW (or 4" at Dash in TY)?

Yes. They stop right at 6" (or 4").

Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:21 pm
Corporal

I think that the formation morale wording for V4 is incorrect.

A Formation is only considered to be in poor spirits if it has less than 2 units from that formation left on the table or in reserve, regardless of if they are in good spirits or not.

The funny thing is that I had been playing it exactly as you have it written there, but looked it up in the rulebook over the weekend to find I had it wrong.

Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:29 pm
Captain

ultracommander wrote:
I think that the formation morale wording for V4 is incorrect.

A Formation is only considered to be in poor spirits if it has less than 2 units from that formation left on the table or in reserve, regardless of if they are in good spirits or not.

Updated to show text more similar to the rule books.

Quote:
The funny thing is that I had been playing it exactly as you have it written there, but looked it up in the rulebook over the weekend to find I had it wrong.

Eventually we may get the rules right!

Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:38 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]