View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:15 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Multi-national force combinations for TY 
Private

Has the question ever been raised concerning a player fielding formations from multiple force cards as long as they as they are all NATO, or all Warsaw pact? For instance can you field an Afgantsy Air Assault BN formation, and a DDR formation from the 9th Panzer Division force? Page 74 of the rules (created when there were only two forces) states that you chose "the" force diagram that you will use.
I understand that changing this could lead to attempts to take the best of everything, but if you had to choose one primary force, and that this was the only force that you could field support units from it may not get out of control as the other formations could only take units organic to them. What are the communities thoughts on the subject?

Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:38 am
First Sergeant

This would make sense if the two worked together.

Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:07 pm
Private

Thanks for the response. You could have a DDR unit breaking through to a Soviet air assault unit. The Germans and the Dutch operate units in the same Corps, as did the Danes and West Germans. With the limitation on having to stick with a single nation for support units I don't see how it would be any more of an issue than already exists.
The Commander rules on Page 25 allow "A Commander can join any Unit from or Supporting its Formation at any time." As I'm suggesting limiting the support units available to be selected to only one Nation of the force this rule handles the multi-National force issue without needing a clarification as the non-primary Nation of the force would not have units "supporting its formation." The formation commander of the non-primary force could only influence units from its formation.

Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:16 am
Private First Class

I am sure in a local group you can field any "Allied" force you desire...

Some worked well together (US and the 4 CMBG), some did not (Soviets and anyone)

Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:10 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]