View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:01 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Great War; Great Once Again! Article 
Staff Sergeant

Thanks much, Mitch, for the article. Inspirational to see your good modeling work!

Your article reminds me of the GW Americans I've been meaning to build for some time. Also intend to model the Harlem Hellfighters. My research seems to indicate, the painting notwithstanding, that the Hellfighters retained their French gear until leaving France at the end of the war, at which time they received American equipment.

However, I've also seen a picture of the unit with a mix of Brodie and Adrian helmets, and that's what I'll have. The mixture of equipment should make the teams stand out on the board. It's a big project, but the resulting headless French figures will get some Kepi heads from BF to make some (close enough) early GW French soldiers. The leftover Brodie-helmeted heads, in turn, will be used to create EW Marines for the Pacific.

Here's hoping that GW will have a late rebirth--especially as it seems to be the only BF era to be untouched by the upcoming V4 rule changes!

P.S. Whatever happened to the GW scenarios from your contest that BF was going to publish?

Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:12 pm
Private First Class

Thanks for the compliment
Baring head swaps with the HH platoon I decided to use a bit of uncorrected history (since the picture is wrong).

As for the scenarios and the other lists I developed for BF, I wish I knew. Most of the staff is busy with either TY or V4.

I asked Pete during the interview before and I know it will prolly not be in 2017...

I am looking forward to a GW tourney here at Huzzah on 11 Feb!

Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:45 am
Staff Sergeant

Thanks, Mitch. I'm afraid the way it looks now it's unlikely BF will ever return to GW and thus it's doubtful that the contest GW missions will be published by BF. Perhaps they'd let you publish them on WWPD?

Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:27 pm
Private First Class

It's worth asking.

I will contact Wayne and see what he says

Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:13 am
Captain

BashOn wrote:
Thanks, Mitch. I'm afraid the way it looks now it's unlikely BF will ever return to GW and thus it's doubtful that the contest GW missions will be published by BF. Perhaps they'd let you publish them on WWPD?

This actually is what kind of scares me about Version 4. I have not played Team Yankee much so far because I did not want to be playing two different version of Flames of War. Under Version 3, things worked well from Great War right up to Vietnam and I played all those periods with one core set of rules.

So now WW2 FoW is getting close to Team Yankee so that's good, but Vietnam, Arab Israeli War, and WW1 seem like they will be "stuck" under Version 3 for some time. WW1 is likely to be the last to be updated to V4 if BF even gets around to Version 4 for WW1 at all before Version 5. Since WW2 is my main gaming and I don't want to be using two rules sets at the same time, I guess that means my WW1 gaming will be on hold for a long while. I have been buying, but not playing Team Yankee for quite some time, waiting for Version 4 basically. I really don't want to play Version 3 ever again, though Wolfkrieg 2017 is making sure I have at least one last hurrah with it.

What might need to happen is that the community comes up with a WW1 implementation of Version 4 for WW1.

Wed Dec 21, 2016 6:35 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]