View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:45 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
PSC New Announcement - Leo1 and BG-Northag 
First Sergeant

** UPDATE 23rd JUNE 2017 **

News from PSC HQ:-

Cold War Friday!

Due to the success and popularity of our plastic 15mm T55 kit, we are going to up our Cold War offerings

There is mounting demand from the 20mm crowd to do the 15mm T55 in 1/72nd. We hadn't planned on doing a 1/72nd version but we are feeling the love!

so.....

We are going to run a "Willstarter" Pre-order program. Once we have 200 pre-orders it will go into production. We have put a stock counter of 200 on the product so you can all see the total grow. (Counterintuitively) when the counter reaches zero we will be green for go!

*BONUS*! All pre-orders will be entered into a prize draw to win a box of 3 painted T55s - winner's choice of paint scheme - painted by the very fair hand of our very own Mr Piers Brand

AND....

I have given the go ahead to finish off Battlegroup Northag - a cold war version of our popular Battlegroup WW2 rules system. We have a "work in progress" set of rules and army lists, the basis of which has very kindly provided by some Battlegroup enthusiasts.

AND....

The PSC design team have just started work on a 15mm Leopard 1 kit with A1, A3/4, Gepard, A5 and C1 options (to be confirmed). If the 1/72nd T55 "Willstarter" goes well this big cat will get the same treatment!

http://theplasticsoldiercompany.co.uk

Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:21 pm
First Sergeant

@@The PSC design team have just started work on a 15mm Leopard 1 kit with ...., Gepard, .... options (to be confirmed). AAGH, I just got my 6th Gepard.

But based on my history with PSC, I assume it will be about 12-18 months from now before the Leopard 1 kit is available.

Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:45 pm
First Sergeant

SECfootball wrote:
@@The PSC design team have just started work on a 15mm Leopard 1 kit with ...., Gepard, .... options (to be confirmed). AAGH, I just got my 6th Gepard.

But based on my history with PSC, I assume it will be about 12-18 months from now before the Leopard 1 kit is available.

dunno. not sure what scale I will do BG-Northag in yet, so it might not matter to me. But still, nice to know it's coming right? :D

Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:03 pm
First Sergeant

Yes it is. Expect to see more Canadian lists.

Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:15 pm
Technical Sergeant

SECfootball wrote:

Maybe it will be sooner. They did get the T55 out in about 6-8 months.

Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:30 pm
Profile WWW
First Sergeant

PrivateSnafu wrote:
SECfootball wrote:

Piers guessed 18 months for the book. Seems like they will need several models ready to go when the book drops (unless they are following the BF model :shock: ).

Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:10 am
First Sergeant

PrivateSnafu wrote:
SECfootball wrote:

That announcement was mentioned near the end of the cycle. I think originally it was announced that it will be released in January, but was not actually released until June. That is a 6 month delay.

Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:29 pm
Sergeant

I'm excited about the plastic Leo 1s. I mean, I already have 15 or so resin BF ones, but one is totally un-useable (sorta broke it, sorta never fit together anyway, it's gonna be a wrecked objective now :) ). They weren't all that terrible to put together this weekend, I did have to put some quality time in with a flat file and the resin tracks to make them fit the hill without gaps. All problems that can be avoided with plastic.

Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:38 pm
Technical Sergeant

SECfootball wrote:
PrivateSnafu wrote:
SECfootball wrote:

That announcement was mentioned near the end of the cycle. I think originally it was announced that it will be released in January, but was not actually released until June. That is a 6 month delay.

The official announcement was December 27, 2016 predicting early April release. It had leaked roughly a month earlier. I'd venture to say around 8-9 months from concept to product which includes the April-June delay. Pretty damn good IMHO.

Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:04 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]