View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:33 am

Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Observations from my first V4 Tourney - Able Ko' "Dive In" 
First Sergeant

I agree Mark, I was thinking of Erik's set up and how before it was rare to copy him, now it is very common to be like him.

Wed May 17, 2017 12:17 pm
Captain

I almost forgot to recount my last battle at this tournament.

This was a Dust-Up Mission were I was facing Scott Dyer's GEPANZERTE PANZERGRENADIERKOMPANIE (LEHR) CV with:
HQ 2 x Cmd SMG team, 1 x Sd Kfz 251/1, 1 x Panzerschreck team;
Cmd Panzerfaust SMG team Tank-hunter team, 4 x Sd Kfz 251/1, 6 x MG team;
Cmd SMG team, 1 x Sd Kfz 251/1, 1 x Panzerschreck team;
Cmd Panzerfaust SMG team, Tank-hunter team, 4 x Sd Kfz 251/1, 6 x MG team;
3 x Panzer IV H;
2 x Sd Kfz 234/2 (Puma);
3 x 15cm NW41 w/ Observer; 1 x 8.8cm FlaK36 gun (8 crew), 1 x Sd Kfz 7

I started with one Undary Company, my SU-76s,regimental 76mm guns, and Il-2M Tip 3M Shturmovik on the board. Scot had his Pumas, Nebs, HQ and one PzGren platoon on the board.

In the first phase of the game, my SU-76s and his Pumas played some cat & mouse as my air failed to arrive for many turns. Scotts Neb's and 8.8 whittled down my on board Udarny Company pretty steadily. My air finally showed up about the same time his PzKw-IVs arrived from reserve. It took two turns, but the Shturmovik did finally run this unit off. This was only the second unit destroyed by my Shturmovik during the whole event but this was as important one as my ZIS 2s and ZIS-3s would come in from reserve on my right away from his Panzers.

In the second phase my reserves pressured a large town in the center of the board. I pushed up the ZIS-2s and ZIS-3s. My 2nd Udarny Co could hold he town well enough and the Pumas were eventually KO'd but so where my SU-76s. My problem was all of Scott's halftracks. With my only mobile unit gone I had to move on foot to get anywhere and the town in the center blocked my ZIS guns from dealing with tracks on my left.

Scott was finally able to break the Udarny Company on my left and contest an objective. I could flex teams from my other Udarny Company in the town to counter contest, but by doing so I had to expose them to a LOT of machinegun fire. This precipitated the further disintegration of my second Undary Company. With its loss I had no ability to change the course of events anymore. Scott had also got me down just about to my Formation breakpoint. I had destroyed a lot of Scott's force, but it was all support and so Scott took this game 6-3.

Wed May 24, 2017 2:02 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2