View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue May 30, 2017 4:39 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Starting Team Yankee 
Private

SECfootball wrote:
"I'm starting up a TY West German armoured army (in a BMP & Hind heavy meta)"

Sounds like problems. To little WG ROF to fight BMPs. Get rolands as they do a good job against hinds, freeing up the gepards to go after BMPs.

After buying eight boxes, I've pretty much got an army. Now it's just a matter of assembling and painting. So that's 10 Leopard IIs, 4 Geppards, 4 Rolands, 3 M109Gs, 4 LARS, and 2 BO-105Ps. However, I ran into a QC issue whilst assembling the M109s, two of the resin turrets and a hull are warped. The hull's warped so severely, I can't attach any of the included metal tracks, the warped turrets are more of an OCD trigger. I've yet to check other five boxes of resin, from one part dread of finding worse and one part not having the time.

Still, it could be worse, I could've gone Soviet and choose the 40-50 BMP + extras army.

Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:11 am
First Sergeant

"However, I ran into a QC issue whilst assembling the M109s, two of the resin turrets and a hull are warped. The hull's warped so severely, I can't attach any of the included metal tracks, the warped turrets are more of an OCD trigger."

Go to the FOW forums and look up the product thread. There is a sticky that explains what you need to do about poor quality products.

2 BO-105Ps can be a small problem They die to easy, a solution is having 4.

"4 Geppards, 4 Rolands" I recommend that one of those should contain 6. The extra ROF from those 2 additional ones really help.

You may want to look into have Jags and infantry (M113 or Marder version)

PS for the M109, I noticed if you put the gun into the turret one way, it points "up" and placed another way it is straight for traveling. So I used magnets to have the guns straight for packing in foam and on the table doing terrain dashs. Then i place it in the up position for firing.

Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:52 pm
Private

Well, finally I checked the content of the other boxes and three of the Gepard tracks are junk, a right & a full set it'd be three right tracks and a set (5 tracks) but with those two it's just a finessable panel gap. The junk ones are bananaed & appear to have been backfilled with chewing gum. So yeah, a report to BF customer support is on the cards.

Though on thing I'd like to know is where can I get a 1:100 M113 BeobPzArt, as I've seen pictures of one but I've not been able to find the maker of it.

Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:37 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]