View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:21 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Enhanced Tournament Scoring for FoW and TY 
Private First Class

ALCON

(Mods can you make this a sticky?)

Over the last few years I have been hearing how the scoring sometimes does not work in a tournament situation. I can agree with this in certain cases when trying to figure out final standings of a tournament when a lot of players have the same amount of wins and/or win by the same score. We also know that not every platoon is worth the same amount of points; killing a PzIVH 4-tank platoon is the same amount of points as killing a platoon of two Puma's.

So attached are two spreadsheets, one is for Team Yankee and the other is for Flames of War V3. It gives a TO a lot of options and automates a lot of what they have to do.
Both spreadsheets
- Records players name, nationality, and force type.
- Determines first round match ups randomly
- Determines follow on round match ups by standings
- Prevents repeat match ups

TOs can use the current 6-1, 5-2, 4-3 scoring system in both spread sheets
or
They can use a VP system that awards points bases on Wins, Cost of platoons Killed or Lost, or a plus/minus of comparing Killed vs Losses.
Right now wins are worth the amount of points the game is played at, right now it is set at 100 points for Team Yankee and 1500 points for FoW. You can adjust those to any number you want, just make sure that under most conditions the winner gets more points than the loser.

Right now this is a Beta and we have some TOs who will test this out for us. However please feel free to test these out and send me your thoughts.

If you do not understand how Excel or macros work or PC savvy I would stay away. If you do not fall into these categories please make any changes to improve the tool.
Please only leave comments if you have trouble with the tool or have comments after using it, this is a not a thread for ideological discussions on the game or life, just a beta test of what is attached.

Make sure you say yes to using macros when you open the file.

Email me at WWPDMitch@gmail.com

Attachments:
File comment: FoW
FoW Enhanced Tournament Scoring V3(Final).xlsm
FoW Enhanced Tournament Scoring V3(Final).xlsm [288.43 KiB]
Downloaded 72 times
File comment: Team Yankee
Team Yankee Enhanced Tournament Scoring(Final).xlsm
Team Yankee Enhanced Tournament Scoring(Final).xlsm [287.17 KiB]
Downloaded 94 times
Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:50 pm
Captain

Sticky'ed

Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:55 pm
Profile WWW
Captain

If we will routinely see multiple formations in V4, I wonder if adding a VP, in addition to the VPs for platoons already lost, for breaking a formation is worth considering?

Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:18 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]