View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:16 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
[WWPD] News fromt he Front Live from Fall In 2013! 
Major

The boys yuk it up at Fall In.

If you had out smartphone app (available for Apple and Android) or followed us on Twitter (@WWPDPodcast), you got this on Saturday.

Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:03 pm
Profile WWW
Major

Just giving this a listen through! I dig it.

One rule to point out, sorry Jon, I don't think the Grenadier Kampfgruppe works the way you said on the show.

If you read the text closely it says "There is no actual team called a Weapons team. Instead these can be any of the following types of teams:"

It DOESN'T say "Replace a wepaons team with..." it just says they can be any of those teams. Then the bullet points specify how many of a single team you can have. So it says:
Quote:
There is no actual team called a Weapons team. Instead these can be any of the following types of teams:
*Up to one Pak40
*Up to one Pak50
*Up to one IG37
*Up to two MG42HMG
*Up to two 8cm

All that means is that of the 3 teams you replace, they couldn't ALL be pak40s. You could replace those 3 with (for example): 2 mortars and a pak 40. Or 1 HMG, 1 Mortar, and a pak50. You could NOT replace all 3 with HMGs or all 3 with Pak40s. Make sense?

Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:50 am
Major

Steven wrote:
Just giving this a listen through! I dig it.

One rule to point out, sorry Jon, I don't think the Grenadier Kampfgruppe works the way you said on the show.

If you read the text closely it says "There is no actual team called a Weapons team. Instead these can be any of the following types of teams:"

It DOESN'T say "Replace a wepaons team with..." it just says they can be any of those teams. Then the bullet points specify how many of a single team you can have. So it says:
Quote:
There is no actual team called a Weapons team. Instead these can be any of the following types of teams:
*Up to one Pak40
*Up to one Pak50
*Up to one IG37
*Up to two MG42HMG
*Up to two 8cm

All that means is that of the 3 teams you replace, they couldn't ALL be pak40s. You could replace those 3 with (for example): 2 mortars and a pak 40. Or 1 HMG, 1 Mortar, and a pak50. You could NOT replace all 3 with HMGs or all 3 with Pak40s. Make sense?

It doesn't really make sense, no. I understand what you are saying, but it is really unclear and open to disagreements. Why not have one "weapons team" icon, then say it can be replaced by the following...

I'm guessing that'll have to get in the LFTF at some point. I just re-read it and even knowing what you said, it still reads like reach team gets replaced.

Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:46 pm
Profile WWW
Technical Sergeant

Yeah, it should work as Steve pointed out. It is the standard wording for swappable teams found elsewhere, such as dismounted US Cav, Sthurmovye, and MW assault groups for Stalingrad. That said, I can see your confusion. After many years of honing this wording, there's always someone who misreads it. Looks like we'll need to keep searching for a better syntax.

Mike

My blog!
http://www.scarybiscuitsstudios.com
-.-- --- ..- / -.-. .- -. - / ... - --- .--. / - .... . / ... .. --. -. .- .-.. .-.-.-

Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:27 am
Profile WWW
First Sergeant

ScaryBiscuits wrote:
Yeah, it should work as Steve pointed out. It is the standard wording for swappable teams found elsewhere, such as dismounted US Cav, Sthurmovye, and MW assault groups for Stalingrad. That said, I can see your confusion. After many years of honing this wording, there's always someone who misreads it. Looks like we'll need to keep searching for a better syntax.

or maybe a better diagram system? Pictures say more than words. Not that I have one in mind, just brainstorming.

Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:03 am
Staff Sergeant

Like I posted on the standard FoW forums, here is what it should have stated.

0-3 weapons teams

These teams can be chosen from these gun teams.
0-1 Pak 40
0-1 Pak 50
0-1 IG-37
0-2 MG42
0-2 8cm Mortars.

Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:27 am
Technical Sergeant

I read it the same way Steve explained it.

That 3rd Squad (Weapons Squad) diagram shows a maximum of 3 Teams allowable in the Squad.

The list of Teams shows what types of Teams you may choose to place in the Squad, and the maximum number by Type allowed to be placed in the Squad.

Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:17 am
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]