View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:47 pm

Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
TheSignals ongoing stuff! 
Major

A group shot of all my Late War (Normandy) Brits. Thats 6th Airbourne, 47 Commando and 7th Armoured. While most of it is painted, much of it I plan to return to at a later date and repaint to a higher standard.

Ive one commando section left to paint (+support weapons pack im yet to buy) ready for Overlord.

The Firefly's and Cromwell's are desperately in need of a repaint, I was far too heavy on the black wash (ALWAYS THIN IT FIRST!).

The Paras all need a repaint too (except the light blue platoon) because they were speed painted and I wanted to get painted stuff on the table. The Advantage is I can now go back a platoon at a time and still field a totally painted force.

“Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.”
― Albert Einstein

Sat May 18, 2013 2:57 pm
Profile WWW
Major

“Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.”
― Albert Einstein

Fri May 24, 2013 12:56 am
Profile WWW
Major

More romans, (slightly) larger this time.

― Albert Einstein

Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:23 pm
Profile WWW
First Sergeant

Those 28mm Romans?

Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:18 pm
Major

Yeah this guy is 28mm Warlord Games. The others are 15mm.

― Albert Einstein

Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:54 pm
Profile WWW
Major

I was looking through some of the fantastic Roman re-enactors over at romanarmytalk.com and noticed how shiny the legionary armour was, I dont know how that would degrade under marching/battlefield conditions, but id imagine even when grubby and bloodied the shine would still show through.

I decided I would experiment with NMM to see if i could recreate that shine, the base worked fine. I think I perhaps went too far with the dirtying it up that the effect is lost a little. What do you guys think? Im personally not a huge fan of the cartoony super clean NMM so I was hoping it could be made to look the best of both worlds. What do you guys think?

I think I will just go back to the metallics myself im not convinced.

This is my first time attempting NMM so I am struggling a bit with the basics.

Metallic.

― Albert Einstein

Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:14 am
Profile WWW
Major

So this is what the finished NMM Looked like...

Right before I repainted the armour with metalics.

I call is a semi success, I managed to pull off NMM, but I didn't like the look.

I think if I'm to attempt NMM on something again it should be a model that suites the style. I struggled to make it realistic and not cartoony.

― Albert Einstein

Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:23 am
Profile WWW
Sergeant

I am dicing headlong into Warlord games Hail Caesar stuff. The wife is going Ancient Britons and Im going Early Imperial Romans. Happy to find you doing some Romans here!

http://www.stormtroopermove.blogspot.ca/

Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:50 pm
Profile WWW
Major

zsavk wrote:
I am dicing headlong into Warlord games Hail Caesar stuff. The wife is going Ancient Britons and Im going Early Imperial Romans. Happy to find you doing some Romans here!

I am trying to but I think 15mm has spoiled me. I think I will go back to painting 15mm romans, its much easier to paint a large unit and I think will look more impressive on the table. I love the models for Hail ceasar but the thought of painting more then one unit makes my cry. Perhaps I will come back to them another time.

― Albert Einstein

Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:42 pm
Profile WWW
Sergeant

No reason not to play HC in 15mm. The rules don't mind at all.
I actually have to say I quite like your NMM attempt. Maybe a mix between the two? I think full-on metallic looks 'a bit much' on miniatures. I also happen to know that, unless it's been treated or constantly maintained, those segmentata will start to dull down, not to mention rust, very quickly.

Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:45 am
Profile WWW
First Sergeant

I am having the same feelings after having played games in 15mm for a few years now. I can't see myself going back to playing regiment sized games in 28mm, just too much to paint and too cluttered a table. 15mm large battles are perfect for a 6x4 table, and things paint up way faster and it is a lot cheaper to buy the miniatures.

Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:04 pm
Profile WWW
Major

It does seem to be a nice balance between reasonable detail (they are more then just blobs) but small enough that you can paint up a large unit in a session or two. I'd try 10mm or 6mm but I feel you lose too much of the detail and I already have the scenery for 15mm so it makes sense.

― Albert Einstein

Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:45 am
Profile WWW
Major

Yet again I've started something new... cuz you know... why the hell not.

― Albert Einstein

Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:11 pm
Profile WWW
Major

― Albert Einstein

Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:40 am
Profile WWW
Major

I have been contining on my 15mm Star Wars sculpts Including a Sith Lord, his apprentice and a Padawan to bulk out the good guys. I still don't know what I plan to use these for other then display but its fun.

Check them out on my blog:
http://rightsidecreative.co.uk/sculptin ... pprentice/

― Albert Einstein

Sun Jul 06, 2014 4:57 am
Profile WWW
Technical Sergeant

Check out Gruntz for 15mm sci-fi. Should be quite workable for Star Wars.

Sun Jul 06, 2014 5:28 am
Profile WWW
Major

I've been busy since I last updated this thread but theres plenty to show for it.

I've been enjoying all the Star Wars love at the moment and a couple of Custom Star Wars minis to show for it, hope you enjoy:

http://rightsidecreative.co.uk/sculptin ... miniature/

http://rightsidecreative.co.uk/

― Albert Einstein

Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:01 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2