View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 25, 2017 7:17 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
WW2 Dutch figures 
Private

I've begun painting a Dutch army for Bolt Action.

The miniatures were sculpted by Michael Percy for Sander van der Ster, the owner of May ’40 Miniatures.

Michael has made a good job of capturing the somewhat old-fashioned appearance of the Dutch infantry of this period, with their distinctive helmets.

The Carden Loyd tankette is by Reiver Castings.

More info and pics on my blog: https://arteis.wordpress.com/2017/04/24/painted-28mm-ww2-dutch-figures/

Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:28 am
Sergeant

Location: In the Shadow of the Temple of Mir-Anda, Sydney, Oz
I love these figures - enhanced as they are by such good paint work - and the Dutch are definitely long term residents of my lust list. Their wonderful fight against the Fallschirmjäger assault on Den Hague when attempting to capture Queen Wilhelmina of the Netherlands just screams out to be transformed into a campaign!

And even more: what's not to love about any army that inevitably takes longer to paint up than it actually fought during WWII?

:mrgreen:

Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:15 am
Private

My Grandfather was in the Dutch resistance and my Mom was born with Allied bombers flying overhead but it's precisely the short time they managed to hold out that keeps me from being too tempted to try for a Dutch force.

Your example is pretty nice though.

Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:36 am
Private

They held out for not much less than the French did during the Napoleonic Waterloo campaign - yet tons of people fight that!

Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:03 am
Sergeant

Location: In the Shadow of the Temple of Mir-Anda, Sydney, Oz
I wouldn't sweat on explaining why you have collected this force. It looks good, and that short & sharp campaign had a lot of moments that demand presentation on a gaming table, not to mention playing out a campaign based on the assault on Den Hague.

:ugeek:

Mind you, I am the sort of bloke that could justify collecting WWII Danes, so it really is a case of "diff'rent strokes for diff'rent folks" (as Sly Stone said at Woodstock in 1969).

;)

Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:08 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]