View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:11 am

Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
War Thunder 
Private First Class

So........
Who else is playing this one?

5th SS "Wiking" Div.

Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:22 pm
Sergeant

I have. Kazrok is my pilots name.

Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:20 pm
Private

I'm playing just got the bf 109 for the Germans. The Germans were tough to start out with those Italian planes are just dont pack enough punch.

Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:02 pm
Technical Sergeant

I'm playing this as well. Up to rank 7 British. This is by far better than World of Warplanes. My user name is, unsurprisingly, Throckmorton.

Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:07 pm
Profile WWW
Minister of Memes ಠ_ಠ

I'm a bit addicted to this one, the lowest nation I fly is level 8-- so yeah...

Lookup hahn_jared!

Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:03 pm
Private

I´ll Play it daily, both as a hobby and part time as work. You find me In FRB along with the rest of my squadron.

Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:18 pm
Profile WWW
Major

Just logged in today, I gotta admit this may steal some of my time. Quick question though, what realism settings do you guys play on and what do you fly with? Mouse and Keyboard or Joystick? I cant help but feel I might be getting outclassed by guys with a mouse simply because of the accuracy, but I prefer the joysticks authenticity when flying a flight sim. Ive been playing historical battles with a thrustmaster hostas X.

Do they limited arcade mode to just mouse and historical to just joys or am I handicapping myself.

“Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.”
― Albert Einstein

Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:52 am
Profile WWW
Sergeant

You can play with joystick in any game mode. However due to Arcade being extremely lenient with flight models and physics, mouse users are at a clear advantage. Historical is better but is still pretty easy to use for mouse. If you want joystick only then fly Full Real Battles which are exactly what the name says. Just be prepared to wait a long time in queue for FRBs as few people play them. I'd recommend sticking to historical as you get enough people playing to keep queue times reasonable and the bad pubbies out.

Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:10 am
Private

Well, I fly Full real with full aircraft controls, witch gives me control of mixture and propeller pitch, although still buggy It can certainly help in some cases.

As for witch mode to fly, I say go for FRB, you can always drop in and fly with us, you find it on Wt own Ts. Just holler.

Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:43 pm
Profile WWW
Staff Sergeant

Yeah this is a great little game. The thing that stands out the most is the lack of stupid never-made planes like Wargaming.net seems to think everyone is clamouring for.

One thing I hate as a bomber pilot is folks pulling the ole "uppercut' on me, IE getting low and close, then swerve up and chopping my tail off , and they of course survive somehow. And obviously the head-on rams. Please tell me those dwindle away as you get higher ranked haha.

My handle is MattVarnish on Warthunder.. hope to see you guys in the WWPD TS server sometime!

The army sleeps under the stars
The navy navigates by using the stars
The air force picks its hotels based on the number of stars.....

Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:24 pm
Technical Sergeant

Kursk28 on warthunder. Done one arcade battle and tried the single player missions. Going down the Luftwaffe line first :shock:

Death in the shape of a Panzer Battalion

Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:43 pm
Sergeant

Location: In the Shadow of the Temple of Mir-Anda, Sydney, Oz
I play as oozeboss (surprise surprise surprise).

Inevitably as Japanese.

And inevitably very very badly. (I'm the kinda of player who'll give you your 5 kills to become an ace in a game single handed). :lol:

I am a complete sucker for my H6K4, despite the fact that I can probably walk faster than it flies (but who wouldn't love a big green flying banana???).

:roll:

Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:16 pm
Corporal

Have you guys been playing in the new 1.39 patch? I think it makes the game awesome again. I'm loving it!

Also, there's a group of us playing Wargame: Red Dragon frequently, feel free to join the Steam group WWPD to play War Thunder/Red Dragon there.

Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:08 pm
Profile WWW
Captain

sylvansealy wrote:
Have you guys been playing in the new 1.39 patch? I think it makes the game awesome again. I'm loving it!

Also, there's a group of us playing Wargame: Red Dragon frequently, feel free to join the Steam group WWPD to play War Thunder/Red Dragon there.

We have a group that is regularly playing Red Dragon, I'll tell them to join the Steam group, but dont be afraid to hop on TeamSpeak and join them.

Twitch: Darqueling

Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:02 pm
Corporal

Darqueling wrote:
sylvansealy wrote:

We have a group that is regularly playing Red Dragon, I'll tell them to join the Steam group, but dont be afraid to hop on TeamSpeak and join them.

Thanks, Chris! Have you been getting back into War Thunder yourself? The new update or the tanks closed beta?

Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:10 pm
Profile WWW
Captain

sylvansealy wrote:
Thanks, Chris! Have you been getting back into War Thunder yourself? The new update or the tanks closed beta?

It's on my to-do list, I am in the CBT for the Ground Forces, but sadly every time I tried the server is down.

Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:56 pm
Private

So far if I had to compare how tanks handle I would say that they handle almost like hovercraft, or if they are tied to massive helium balloons. Expect lots of over-steering and bouncing. :-(

Also, the realistic damage model is overblown and I much prefer the HP system in WoT.

Just my 2 cents

Wed May 14, 2014 2:18 pm
Captain

thelordofelba wrote:
So far if I had to compare how tanks handle I would say that they handle almost like hovercraft, or if they are tied to massive helium balloons. Expect lots of over-steering and bouncing. :-(

Also, the realistic damage model is overblown and I much prefer the HP system in WoT.

Just my 2 cents

I played a few times with /u/Zaro and /u/Gilly and we all 3 seem to agree with you. I am not sure where people see a "huge difference" in graphics, it looks kinda chunky just like WoT. As for Game play, I feel like I drive for 5 minutes to get blown up and then have to drive again. As for damage, I felt like I never knew if I was doing anything as random criticals would pop up but seem to not effect the tank and then magically either they would die or I would, no rhyme or reason as to how it happened. The aiming is a bit dramatic, you hit one bump in the road and your gun it now straight up in the air and your bloom is the full screen, as you said, it felt like I was driving a hovercraft and not a tank.

Again, it is kind of comparing two different things here, WoT is more like Counter Strike, an arcade deathmatch shooter, where as WT:GF is more of a simulator. Some people will like one more than the other, I just am not a fan of it initially.

Wed May 14, 2014 2:59 pm
Sergeant

Not a fan of the fact you have to grind xp to unlock the ability to even repair your tank! Too much grind, too much RNG. Their Kursk map looks stunning though.

Wed May 14, 2014 5:11 pm
Corporal

@ Fenxis, I gotta say though that the "grind" for XP to repair is extremely minimal. Like it can be accomplished in 2 or 3 matches at the most, either in Realistic or Arcade Battles.

It's funny, how you guys describe WT:GF is how I felt about WoT. Driving around a lot, sneaking, then getting one-shot. I've had so much success in WT and I would not consider myself that great of a player.

I will say that the damage models are a little curious at times, but such was the case for the airplanes too (and still is the case for some). It's a work in progress, but PROGRESS is definitely what I've seen from Gaijin over the past year. I'll admit, I'm a huge fan of the game. They just keep adding more, and eventually finding a way to balance it all. Very impressive, very ambitious game that does most things right.

Plus, have you guys tried a match with human-controlled tanks AND planes? Those are pretty fun, especially if you are able to communicate with each other via voice. So fun.

Wed May 14, 2014 9:32 pm
Profile WWW
Sergeant

I kind of get it... seems like most of the more recent additions to WoT are all about MOAR ALPHA!! The two games seem to take different approaches but ultimately the one that wins will be the one that is most fun and balanced.

Thu May 15, 2014 4:34 am
Technical Sergeant

Well look for me under Sabaton44 my new account name since I had to change my email thanks to the Yahoomail hack a few months back. Mainly playing tanks for now

Death in the shape of a Panzer Battalion

Tue May 27, 2014 12:51 am
Private

War Thunder has integrated air & ground forces for Germans & Soviets (for anyone on the fence or not playing close attention). Bombing actual players driving tanks with my Sturmovik is as much fun as I thought it would be. ;)

Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:59 pm
Profile WWW
Corporal

Brasidas wrote:
War Thunder has integrated air & ground forces for Germans & Soviets (for anyone on the fence or not playing close attention). Bombing actual players driving tanks with my Sturmovik is as much fun as I thought it would be. ;)

I just had an epic match over the weekend in a FW-190 F-8.

Took off, bombed a human controlled tank, shot down an AI Yak-9, got shot up by AA, landed.
Took off again, bombed another human tank, shot down a human controlled P-63 (hate those things), strafed some AA, game over.

I would love to do this in a squad with mates in the sky and on the ground. Love this mode!

As a tanker, I get terrified when I hear the "incoming bomb" noise as a human player flies over me.

Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:03 pm
Profile WWW
Corporal

As a long time player of WoT I tried this game then uninstalled in about 5 games. The damage model was far worse then WoT for me anyway, kept getting one shotted by tanks one tier above. I did not really like the handling either of the tanks. Too much grind from t1 to t2 for my liking. Also too much difference between the tiers, but then maybe I needed to play the game more. Game has great potential for mixing air/tanks but it appears they need to work on the tank mechanics.

Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:23 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next