View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:50 pm

Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Company of Heroes 2 
Major

Vertrucio wrote:
A problem I have with MoW games, is that due to the poor AI and encounter design, they send you and your tiny platoon against a company or division worth of troops, then expect you to exploit weaknesses in AI and level design with things like direct aiming to win the day.

I end up arguing this all the time on CoH forums. Besides being different games, some MoW fans call these things superior, when it's just more shenanigans.

I love the MoW series, it was one of the first games that got me into WW2 RTS back when it was called "Soldiers: Heroes of WWII", but it has serious faults.

But, so does CoH, it just depends on what you focus on at the time.

Oh deffinetly has some faults, but in multiplayer is where it shines. Though you do have to babysit squads you want to do more then shoot or move.

“Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.”
― Albert Einstein

Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:44 am
Profile WWW
Minister of Memes ಠ_ಠ

Yeah, I won't say it's a bad game, just turns me off with my current styles of games.

To answer the earlier question, if you lose some strength of a infantry squad in W:ALB or EE replacements can be replenished when in proximity of logistics. It's a bit of a break from realism, but if you survive the mistake you can at least reinforce your positions.

Either way, it's apples and oranges. I hope folks with CoH2 enjoy it!

Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:33 pm
Sergeant

Well at least the mortar cheese is gone (in the closed beta one round would take out 75% of a squad)

Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:42 pm
Technical Sergeant

JMHahn wrote:

It's just the little things that irk me-- infantry standing in the open 20 feet from each other who aren't getting shot to pieces

I noticed this is Darq's video today. Reminds me of Star Wars Empire at War. You shot forever before someone drops.

I am intrigued none the less.

Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:18 am
Profile WWW
Captain

Released today, I will start recording the campaign tonight.

Twitch: Darqueling

Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:56 pm
Sergeant

The "winter of 1942" storyline with Panthers and IS-2s is non-historical ; wonder if that's going to be broached in the campaign :P

Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:42 pm
Captain

Time line spans from Stalingrad (Starting) to the assault on Berlin (Finish). You'll access the technology over time.

Twitch: Darqueling

Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:49 pm
Corporal

NECCCRRRRRRRRRRO

The British Expansion is coming the beginning of Sept and it is looking really well done. They have also been doing quite a few balance changes.

Does anyone play CoH2? I have been getting the itch to play again. Even getting three or four guys and just doing AI comp stomps was always fun on a friday night with a few beers and the difficulty ramped up.

http://www.pcgamesn.com/company-of-hero ... us-thought

Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:45 pm
Sergeant

Loved CoH and played it a ton. Unfortunately I also played a bunch of games with the Eastern front mod so I was pretty burned out with that stuff when CoH2 dropped so I didn't play it a whole lot. Look forward to seeing what this expansion is like.

Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:36 pm
Reply to topic   [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2