View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:39 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
Artemis 2.1 
Private

Considering all the mentions in the podcast (and the fact that the WWPD guys almost had their own Artemis), I thought you guys might like to know that they updated Artemis last week. The big changes are:

New space stations: Each alien race gets a unique station, plus there are four new friendly TSN stations (Science, Industrial, Civilian and Command - the original is now called a Deep Space Station). All the enemy and some of the TSN stations are armed. Also, TSN stations have different shield strenghts and production rates for torpedoes. The number of friendly stations that spawn will vary depending on how good they are, so you could get 2 really good ones or a bunch of weak and defenceless ones.

Three new scenarios:

- Peacetime: Basically, you're in TSN space, and need to complete missions that come over the coms from other ships. Some of these were in the game already, but they have added a bunch of new ones. And one of the things the Dev has recommended is to hail ships that seem to be acting strangely, since there is probably a reason for it and something for you to do about it. There is also the odd Skaraan ship for you to fight off.

- Deep Strike: Unlike the other scenarios, you're on the offensive deep in enemy territory and need to take out their space stations. You have one Bulk Cargo ship that acts as your supply tender (instead of having a space station to dock with), but otherwise you're on your own.

- Border War: The game starts with TSN space on one side and the alien races on the other (complete with space stations), with a "neutral zone" in between. At the start of the game you're at peace, and you can complete a number of the peacetime missions to upgrade your ship to prepare for the inevitable war. Eventually, the aliens will declare war against you... I'm not sure exactly how the timer works, but you get some warnings over the coms. Also, you can't just fly into the neutral zone to try and start it - that ends the game! (So no Kobayashi Maru situation either I guess.) Once war were declared, you need to destroy the enemy bases while defending your own.

I haven't had a chance to have anyone over yet to have a real game, but I've tried a bit on my own to test it out. It's a really good update.

Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:05 am
Major

Nice!

Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:43 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]