View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:56 pm

Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ] 
MuGu games Bolt Action Campaign has kicked off! Image heavy 
Technical Sergeant

Yes that's right we are playing in a campaign we have 17 guys signed up! Axis and allies the campaign rules will be attached.

This map has not been fully updated from last nights games but is shows the overall gist it's hex map,

We had 2 axis wins and 2 allied wins last night here are some pics from those games! So pretty much a push.

Some Finns

Americans Advance in the open

All out carnage in the middle of the table!

I see you !

The Germans fire a mortar round from safety behind a building.

The Tiger is an opposing presence on the battle field!

The Chaffee draws down on the tiger!

Attachments:
File comment: Here are the campaign rules!
Bolt Action Campaign rules 1.2.docx
Bolt Action Campaign rules 1.2.docx [17.07 KiB]
Downloaded 123 times
Sat May 10, 2014 5:17 pm
Sergeant

A comment and a question.

Damn! I wish that store was near me. That looks like a lot of fun.

Are those mats the mouse pad type ones? If so, what do you think of them?

David

Sat May 10, 2014 5:27 pm
Technical Sergeant

Yes they are the Frontline gaming mats and they kick fucking ass. They look great but the best thing about them is minis move well on them but most of all the dice roll well on them.

Sat May 10, 2014 5:36 pm
Sergeant

I guess I'll just have to break down and purchase one.

Thanks,

David

Sat May 10, 2014 5:46 pm
Private

The mats look mighty fine (and I too wish the shop was near me) :)

Sun May 11, 2014 12:21 am
Captain

Looks really fun MarkDawg. The problem with the Bolt Action community is that we don't all live in the same neighborhood.

Sun May 11, 2014 5:07 pm
Technical Sergeant

Yeah dude but the Campaign system ( Download the file in the first post!)we use is super easy and fun and can be done using a FB page with people over distances so it still works.

So here is a quick map update! The Americans(me LOL) have stalled to do fierce resistance The brits pounded the Axis forces with Artillery. The German invasion is in full swing.

Sun May 11, 2014 5:36 pm
Private First Class

This looks awesome but it is 300 miles away from me in Spokane, WA. Markdawg, is there any way a friend of mine and I could arrange for multiple games of Bolt Action in a weekend at Mugu Games? (we haven't played at all yet. But we will soon). Are there a few players over there that would meet us and play? We would definitely come over for a weekend if we could work something out.

My Country is NOT MY OWN. It is on loan from my descendants. I must give it to them unbroken.

Sun May 11, 2014 6:32 pm
Technical Sergeant

Yes We will be having a tourney and that would be a guaranteed 3 games. You guys have some good gaming stores over there I know they host 40k GT's get the game going at the store you and your buddy start playing there with some cool terrain and people will want in.

Sun May 11, 2014 6:50 pm
Sergeant

Hightower wrote:
This looks awesome but it is 300 miles away from me in Spokane, WA. Markdawg, is there any way a friend of mine and I could arrange for multiple games of Bolt Action in a weekend at Mugu Games? (we haven't played at all yet. But we will soon). Are there a few players over there that would meet us and play? We would definitely come over for a weekend if we could work something out.

We have a small Bolt Action community in Richland Washington. We have at least 10 armies to play against (armies, not people) and while I can't speak for the rest I'd be willing to loan you any of mine for a game. Shoot me a PM if interested.

David

Mon May 12, 2014 12:20 am
Private First Class

Thanks, Mark and David!

I play a TON of games at Gamer's Haven in Spokane Valley. I've been friends with the owner for almost ten years and I had my own game store for awhile. They are accustomed to seeing me play Dropzone Commander, Flames of War, and Dust Warfare in addition to 40k in Gamer's Haven. They seem to be very resistant to picking up new games. People love the look of the models and stuff but they are deeply entrenched in 40k and hard to attract to other games. We will be playing Bolt Action in the stores here, as soon as the other guys get their stuff built (Mine are built and painted!)

I know we will be interested in travelling to either Tri-cities or Seattle (that's what we call EVERYTHING on the wet side--its ALL Seattle to us). I don't want my first games to be in a tournament, however. I don't care if I win or not, I just don't want to trick some guy into having to teach me when he paid to play some competitive games. I may be free to travel in June, but it might not be until July. I'm going to MisCon in Missoula next week, so May travel is out.

David, I've heard of a group in the Tri-cities, it must be you and your friends. I am anxious to make a road trip. Maybe I'll bring some guys without armies if you have a loaner army or two...what do you think?

-David Morris

Maybe this should be in it's own thread, or in PMs

My Country is NOT MY OWN. It is on loan from my descendants. I must give it to them unbroken.

Wed May 14, 2014 5:07 pm
Captain

I know we've veered way off course here, but allow me to speak for every tournament goer in Bolt Action and say we love new guys at tournaments. New guys means growth.

I THINK YOU'LL FIND that the community is very supportive of the new guys, tournament-participating or otherwise.

Wed May 14, 2014 5:27 pm
Technical Sergeant

17, most impressive! Looks like a blast!

As for the mega-mats...yea I missed the Kickstarter due to a death in the family kicked me inthe wallet when we had to help pay for the funeral. I just found out the was shipping the mats and tomorrow is PAYDAY! I am ordering one now and I hope another later...maybe a third...be nice to have around for tournaments.

Wed May 14, 2014 6:19 pm
Profile WWW
Sergeant

Hightower,

I'll send you a PM ASAP as an FYI to your question. I'll be PDQ :D

Mainly posted here to let people know we do play in the Cities Tri. Come one come all.

David

Wed May 14, 2014 7:43 pm
Technical Sergeant

Hightower wrote:
Thanks, Mark and David!

I play a TON of games at Gamer's Haven in Spokane Valley. I've been friends with the owner for almost ten years and I had my own game store for awhile. They are accustomed to seeing me play Dropzone Commander, Flames of War, and Dust Warfare in addition to 40k in Gamer's Haven. They seem to be very resistant to picking up new games. People love the look of the models and stuff but they are deeply entrenched in 40k and hard to attract to other games. We will be playing Bolt Action in the stores here, as soon as the other guys get their stuff built (Mine are built and painted!)

I know we will be interested in travelling to either Tri-cities or Seattle (that's what we call EVERYTHING on the wet side--its ALL Seattle to us). I don't want my first games to be in a tournament, however. I don't care if I win or not, I just don't want to trick some guy into having to teach me when he paid to play some competitive games. I may be free to travel in June, but it might not be until July. I'm going to MisCon in Missoula next week, so May travel is out.

David, I've heard of a group in the Tri-cities, it must be you and your friends. I am anxious to make a road trip. Maybe I'll bring some guys without armies if you have a loaner army or two...what do you think?

-David Morris

Maybe this should be in it's own thread, or in PMs

The reason I recommended tourney games in you are guaranteed 3 games no flakes just games and fun. Dude are tourneys are chill and 100% goes to prize support. You should try a tourney they are a blast!.

Thu May 15, 2014 12:02 am
Technical Sergeant

Check out this thread this is what you can expect at one of our events.

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=12349

Thu May 15, 2014 5:36 am
Technical Sergeant

So this week we had 2 draws as the Axis and Allied forces collided. In the east Romania crushed the Americans for an Axis victory and The Americans defeated a German force with a harsh counter attack after last weeks defeat.

Sun May 18, 2014 2:17 pm
Technical Sergeant

This weeks action was a smack down from the Axis delivered to me and a stalemate in the other games the map currently sits like this and here is a pics from our games. The Allies need to step up!

One of our Axis players has a very interesting list that bares a mention a bunch Kradschutzen with the bike from the additional units. This list has an almost all recce army it's super hard to deal with. and looks really cool it has a wonderful synergy on the table. It also kicked my ass.

Sun May 25, 2014 4:52 pm
Corporal

Hi Mark

I've just downloaded the rules pack, so I'll study it and e-mail you when I'm ready to to join in!

Any preference on armies you'd like to see involved? I can do US, Germany or Soviets.

Cheers again for Sunday!

D.O.P. on Facebook

Mon May 26, 2014 10:18 pm
Profile WWW
Technical Sergeant

Nope just pick what you want to play and go for it!

Tue May 27, 2014 12:36 am
Technical Sergeant

We had a few team games this week so not that many hexes were taken along with some draws. I was absolutely crushed by Pete's hellsangles bike list. It didn't hurt his cause that on turn 2 he drew 11 straight order dice. I tried to carve out a draw in Point defense but I could not hold on. I took massive casualties. The allies did manage one a stunning victory crushing the axis froces.

So without further adieu the hex map

Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:08 pm
Technical Sergeant

A great Whiskey & Bolt Action this week we all had super fun time! The allies won the day on the anniversary of D-Day My Americans held the line vs The might of Travis's Wehrmacht!
Bob's Romanians flipped sides and decided to give Kevin's Fins a bloody nose.
Chris's Chindits punished Colin's Italians. In a very bloody game Josh's Marines lost a close game to Pete's Hells Angels.
Whiskey was drank and blood was spilled!!

Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:06 pm
Technical Sergeant

The Americans managed to cutoff the leading elements of the German advance with a perfectly executed counter strike that left the German lead elements retreating in disarray after losing several key support vehicles. All was not lost for the Axis powers as the Romanians reinforced and widened the Axis incursion just behind the lead elements.

Sun Jun 15, 2014 2:17 pm
Technical Sergeant

Even with a 2-2 tie last night the Allies made big progress by recapturing earlier Axis gains. Now both sides have taken 10 spaces but the Axis have a small advantage as their advance is one hex further forward. The final day of the campaign will probably be for the win. (NOT THE 4th OF JULY)

I am stoked about this proves that campaign system works well! The campaign is coming down to the last week of games it's been super fun and may the best team win fellas! The pressure is on to win games baby!

Sat Jun 28, 2014 5:54 pm
Technical Sergeant

Congratulations Axis Players! You won a hard fought Victory in our 2 month+ Campaign! The Axis played well throughout the campaign but it was not an easy victory the Allies still had a good chance to win on the last day of the campaign and we were tied on map hexes the Axis won by victory points!
Well played Axis!

Sat Jul 12, 2014 2:19 pm
Reply to topic   [ 25 posts ]