View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:01 pm

Reply to topic  [ 430 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18  Next
EasyArmy Bolt Action Lister 
Captain

So, what does everyone think of Gregg's new addition to Easy Army?

http://boltaction.easyarmy.com/index.aspx

Register.

Click on 'New Platoons'. /prosper

***RED editted by WWPD Dano

Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:07 am
Sergeant

I've never played FoW, and never used his tool, but I can't find the generic army lists? :? I probably won't use the theatre selectors, since there are no selector for Denmark... :P

mrtn's muddy puttees

I'm looking for players in Stockholm! Send me a PM if you're interested.

Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:27 am
Sergeant

Great work guys!!!

Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:07 am
Profile WWW
Captain

Yes. I've been trying to convince him of this, mrtn. As I understand it, the tool might become nearly unusable if every option was present on one page.

Maybe we can hope for a generic list in the future!

Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:17 am
Private First Class

Successfully pissed away the afternoon at work playing with it. Really great interface. Pdf's are clean. Would Iike to see basic reinforced platoons and the units from the PDF (I'm sure they are on their way). 10/10

Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:24 am
Staff Sergeant

Nice, I'd really like to see the generic list selector added.

Oh and the link since I had to google it:
http://boltaction.easyarmy.com/

Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:50 am
Captain

babygzus wrote:
Nice, I'd really like to see the generic list selector added.

Oh and the link since I had to google it:
http://boltaction.easyarmy.com/

Oops! It's the front page article right now. I guess a link moving forward is helpful as well.

Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:02 am
Captain

Who still uses WinXP?

Twitch: Darqueling

Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:29 am
Minister of Memes ಠ_ಠ

Darqueling wrote:
Who still uses WinXP?

I came here to say the same thing. You should be ashamed, XP user.

Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:29 am
Captain

Non-DoD, small-time, for-profit operations that don't require anything more robust than IE on their machines?

Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:05 am
Staff Sergeant

This is a great addition. There's a few errors in the Soviet Army book and I hope he gets the generic list selectors added quickly. Great news though.

Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:09 am
Staff Sergeant

Coughs... I still use xp

Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:19 am
First Sergeant

Great news - I really like easy army and was hoping he'd make the jump to other points based systems

Any chance for a japanese list (I know I shouldn't pester as this is a free product)

What's all this chatter about windows XP and such? It's been abunduntly clear for years that real men choose Mac's

Window's Weannies! arise and through off your Microsoft chains of bondage and breath the free air of Mac-infused creativity. Isn't it better to be trendy than effective?

http://lairoftheubergeek.blogspot.com/

Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:13 pm
Profile WWW
Private

This is some seriously epic work!

Love Easy Army for Bolt Action (and Flames of War). Keep up the great work :D

Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:47 pm
Captain

jmilesr wrote:
What's all this chatter about windows XP and such? It's been abunduntly clear for years that real men choose Mac's

Window's Weannies! arise and through off your Microsoft chains of bondage and breath the free air of Mac-infused creativity. Isn't it better to be trendy than effective?

I'm gonna stop you right there fanboi. Mac is the pretty shiny UI that costs a ton more for entry level users. Windows is your intermediate level OS where most programs are. You really want a "man's" OS, us Solaris or Red Hat because that shit is hardcore.

Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:56 pm
Staff Sergeant

that being said, I don't have my US book handy but isn't the up to 3 .30 cal machine guns supposed to be a bonus slot beyond what's available in the force selector and not an either/or with the Ma Deuce? That would be something he would have to tweak there.

Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:52 pm
Captain

Oh yes. There will be errors. Tons of them.

The glory of not paying for a product means to get to enjoy the testing phase as well!

Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:54 pm
Sergeant

bristolscale7: Soviet book errors - fixed 2 this morning someone sent, please email me if you see any mistakes or I won't know to fix them!

jmilesr: Japanese - of course, but probably a while still. Thinking of skipping the British and going right to the Allied and Axis books so I can get more varied countries done quicker (after the Soviet book, dreading the British book). Comments?

lordgoober: It's my understanding they are like the Soviet AT squads - when the generic/selector says one you get one to three, not up to four.

Generic selectors - that was Judson's first comment when I first showed him. Yes, I will do them. However, if I create a list of all teams already done, can someone go through the book(s) and find all the missing ones? It's not enough to just look at the headings, the option lines also allow for different variants. The selectors treat them completely separate (ie: SU-76, SU-76P, SU-76i) so need separate entries - but for the generics that have them, I could do a single entry with the option to change them(?) (as long as no new selectors come out that will mess that up). Single entries will also make for shorter page lengths... (Thoughts?) Hopefully there aren't too many more teams from each book to add - and yes, I'll add stuff from the PDF's also. Anyone(s) want to help out with this?
As Judson mentioned, the page-length -may- become a problem, which is one of the reasons I was holding off on them. I could change the section headers to have a button to press which will 'roll-up' (hide) the section/un-hide the section so you can open/close the sections you want. The drawback is when closed, you will not see what you have selected in that section (won't be able to see the red dot next to EVERY platoon you have selected). Comments? Other ideas?

I will be getting the Japanese and Axis book together when the Axis book comes out (have the rest). I admit, the Finns will be high on the list due to a certain project I backed... but the Italians won't be far behind either, just so I can compare them to my favorite FoW army (don't think I'll be buying a desert fort with add-ons in 28mm though...).

Gregg

Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:13 pm
Captain

EasyArmy.com wrote:

Generic selectors - that was Judson's first comment when I first showed him. Yes, I will do them. However, if I create a list of all teams already done, can someone go through the book(s) and find all the missing ones? It's not enough to just look at the headings, the option lines also allow for different variants. The selectors treat them completely separate (ie: SU-76, SU-76P, SU-76i) so need separate entries - but for the generics that have them, I could do a single entry with the option to change them(?) (as long as no new selectors come out that will mess that up). Single entries will also make for shorter page lengths... (Thoughts?) Hopefully there aren't too many more teams from each book to add - and yes, I'll add stuff from the PDF's also. Anyone(s) want to help out with this?

Gregg

The call has gone out! If you want your BA army of choice to be EasyArmy-accessible, answer it!

Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:30 pm
First Sergeant

Gregg:
Thanks for the reply - I'll be a happy user of the Japanese list whenever you get around to it - thanks for all the effort to get a Bolt Action version on Easy Army.

http://lairoftheubergeek.blogspot.com/

Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:33 pm
Profile WWW
Corporal

Gregg,

Being a vet to FoW and a newbie to Bolt Action, I have to say I deeply was thankful for you doing this. This will definitely help me develop my first starter list. Again, many thanks!

Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:37 pm
Private First Class

Gregg,

Thanks so much for your work on this army builder and for sharing it with the community! Greetz from ze German who plays US Airborne. :)

Cheers!
Thomas

Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:30 pm
Captain

I don't have my Armies of the Soviet Union book in front of me, but doesn't the Free squad get anti-tank grenades for free? Also I'm not sure why there would be the option to select less than the maximum number of rifles in the free squad.

Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:41 pm
Sergeant

stoessi wrote:
Gregg,

Thanks so much for your work on this army builder and for sharing it with the community! Greetz from ze German who plays US Airborne. :)

Cheers!
Thomas

I still have on my list that I need to add the para mortar option. I haven't forgotten it (yet).

Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:34 pm
Staff Sergeant

Well, I never played FoW, but just tried this out....AMAZING!

Thanks!

Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:42 pm
Reply to topic   [ 430 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18  Next