View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:13 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
How would you play this? 
Captain

Just curious on people's thoughts of who can charge who. It is the player on the left's active turn. I know what we did, but we discussed it for a while, so I figured I'd see what everyone else has to say before I share our results!

Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:17 pm
First Sergeant

They guy on the left better have some great SAGA die. It looks ugly. Gotta go for the win on the Warlord who looks to have 3 meat puppets.

Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:35 am
Corporal

While I agree with Eric, all charge the opposing warlord and go for the win (Determination, We Obey, Side by Side), the question is who can charge whom.

Warlord's Pride would demand that the warlord goes for the warlord (if activated for Movement), despite the other VS arcs that he'll cross. As long as he can get there, he goes for the boss.

His two allies? Can charge any of the units, including the warlord as he's got what looks like a point where he'll be in VS of multiple units, thus can choose.

Again, just my opinion and remembering the rule (which I don't have at hand), but I'd go with the initial answer, activating the warlord with Determination, move him first, engage the warlord, thus the rest of the unit can ignore other VS arcs.

Although, to see where the discussion comes in, can the Warlord really engage the enemy Warlord, or did he have to engage the enemy 2 man unit first because he enters that arc first? Maybe the screen was just far enough out. That "despite the other VS arcs" bit I typed above was just my interpretation. Sounds like spirit of the rule, to me. I play SAGA for beer and pretzels (and more beer), not to stroke my beard.

Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:51 am
First Sergeant

I don't have the rules in fornt of me, but "Warlords pride" would dictate that the two would clash. I would guess though that the three men in VS of the enemy warlord would be used to offload any damage onto. That would leave the two warriors to try and take the enemy warlords retinue out. Whether they can try and do this first in activation 'order' I am not sure.

It looks grim for the phasing player though!

Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:24 pm
First Sergeant

This ZOC crap is silly it should be resolved simply with the intent to have fun. I played 8 years of DBA, DBM, and I hate to see that sort thing.

Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:17 pm
Captain

Oh god DBA.

Yeah, Chris sent his Warlord in vs mine, and the two hearthguard in towards the other two hearthguard to try to finish them off.

Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:54 pm
Staff Sergeant

I agree with Eric, the way to resolve this is the fun way. The warlord charges the warlord, brings his two buddies along to help him out. The defending warlord has three guys to die in his stead and the other warlord has two. Problem solved fun maximized! It will be resolved quickly and another game can be had!

Mike!

Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:07 pm
Corporal

You played it correctly. If the WL was back an inch and the unit on the bottom was up an inch then the warlord would not be able to engage, as it would be blocked by the other units. The HG would have to activate and drive off the top unit first, which might not be a bad play regardless.

Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:33 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]