View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:42 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
Warlord basing. 
Private First Class

Hey guys,

I see lots of foot warlords mounted on large bases with some other figures. I was wondering how they actually play these models? as a warlord with some hearth guard? or are the three models together counted as 1 warlord?

Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:34 pm
Corporal

The Warlord figure/base is a special unit actually in SAGA. So there is some flexibility on what actually gets put on the base. But in actuality, regardless of what is on the base the base represents the Warlord model. Most base a single figure on the base, some make it a mini diorama but it still only represents the warlord and the abilities of the warlord from Your particular list.

My Wargaming Blog http://tomahawkcampaign.blogspot.com/
The Game Table Game Cafe Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Game ... 321?ref=hl

Last edited by keegantdad on Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:38 pm
Profile WWW
Private

All models in SAGA should be individually based, but as Warlords are a bit special and often placed on larger bases anyway, you can make them stand out a bit more by adding a bodyguard, retainers, messengers or other guys on there - in the same way that you could have him look more impressive by placing him on a large rock and simply giving him a beautifully decorated base with flowers or somesuch. Like the large rock and flowers, the additional models will have no impact on the game - that one base still only uses the rules for a Warlord.

Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:24 pm
Private First Class

Yup, it just works as one model, but it's a great opportunity to make your warlord stand out a little (or more than a little. ;) ). It just looks nice and gives your leader the required fanciness.

Back when I did my own Saga Anglo-Saxons I chose a 60mm base to take the fanciness as far as possible. :D Comfortably fits the warlord, a flag bearer, a horn-tooter and The Jesus.

For a warband of Franks I recently did I used a 40mm round base on which I could just fit the warlord on horse and a flag bearer. Good enough for a warlord. :)

[still WIP]

I strongly suggest using a more fancy base for your warlord. It really only has a cosmetic impact, but it just looks really cool.

Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:02 am
Private First Class

Ooo those are nice.

Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:20 pm
Private

Indeed! The Anglo Saxon Warlord base is simply magnificent. Unfortunately that does mean I am now going to have to "prettify" mine. :-(

Wed Feb 03, 2016 4:22 pm
Private

Sigur wrote:
Yup, it just works as one model, but it's a great opportunity to make your warlord stand out a little (or more than a little. ;) ). It just looks nice and gives your leader the required fanciness.

Back when I did my own Saga Anglo-Saxons I chose a 60mm base to take the fanciness as far as possible. :D Comfortably fits the warlord, a flag bearer, a horn-tooter and The Jesus.

That anglo-saxon warlord is gorgeous, what model is that?

Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:26 pm
Technical Sergeant

Looks like Footsore early Saxons.

Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:48 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]