View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:34 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
What do competive Japanese lists look like? 
Private

I'm trying to figure out a decent list for early war and late war but am not sure how to make an effective company with Japan's sub-par support options. What do successful lists look like?

Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:12 pm
Captain

I've never played my Japanese in completion, and really don't plan too. So I'm not going to be much help for you though I know Nikihaku teams are pretty much a must have.

I know WWPD Luke has played them in tournaments. I think Bill Wilcox may have tried the Japanese Tank List as I seem to recall him trying to borrow a bunch of Type-95s not all that long ago.

I only did my Japanese force because my Grandfather served in the Infantry in WW2 in the Pacific. Still waiting on good US Army figures and list for the Pacific. I have played my Japanese against Soviets in Kalin Gohl scenarios though. I seemed to do all right with just the two infantry platoons w Nikihakua/ , five Type-95 Tanks, two Tankettes, a pair of ATGs (37mm?) and 77mm Guns (medium base guns). They were "OK" I think but I'm not about to take them to an EW tournament. Unfortunately in V4 the light mortars will not be as good at taking out enemy gun teams, which now have better saves. I thought was one of the better features of the force and much needed to clear those HMGs.

Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:44 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]