View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:33 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
1650 point Kihei Chutai 
Private

I'm trying to make a decent Japanese list for early war and have been using Hohei Chutai and using the overwhelm with massive amounts of bodies strategy and have been having fun so was wondering if you guys think that this list would be decent.

Kihei Chutai HQ -135
-Cmd Cavalry Sword team
-2iC Cmd Regimental Standard Cavalry Sword team
Kihei Platoon -235
-Cmd Cavalry Sword team
-4x Cavalry MG team
-Banners
Kihei Platoon -235
-Cmd Cavalry Sword team
-4x Cavalry MG team
-Banners
Kihei Motorised Infantry Platoon -390
-Cmd Sword team
-9x Rifle team
-4x Light Mortar team
-3x Isuzu 1.5-ton truck
-Banners
Kihei Motorised Infantry Platoon -390
-Cmd Sword team
-9x Rifle team
-4x Light Mortar team
-3x Isuzu 1.5-ton truck
-Banners
Tank Platoon -175
-3x Type 89 Chi-Ro
Hohei Battalion Gun Platoon -85
-Cmd Sword Team
-2x Type 92 70mm gun
-Observer rifle team
Total = 1645

Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:52 pm
Captain

These days you might need to specify if you are playing V3 or V4 with the list. But I can say it will look cool, but I'm not sure it will have enough AT to face most tank based EW forces.

Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:19 pm
Profile WWW
Private

This is for V4. I agree with the AT problem, but I'm not sure there is a ton I could do without spending 600 (made this number up) points on 75mm artillery that I think are heavy guns. My main hope is nikuhaku teams, but those are unreliable. What would you suggest?

Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:36 am
Captain

My only suggestion is to just play historical scenarios with them. I'm not sure they can be made to be "competitive" if you can't get those Nikihaku teams into the infantry platoons. Maybe you could drop one of the infantry platoons to plus up your tanks and maybe sneek in some ATGs?

I have Japanese Infantry myself but I'm not so sure I like them for points matched play.

Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:18 pm
Profile WWW
Sergeant

Japanese are different: their tanks are for attacking infantry and their infantry are for attacking tanks. With that in mind, you need to max out your Nikuhaku teams in every infantry platoon and don't leave home without an engineer platoon. That platoon can take two Nikuhaku teams per squad, and they are deadly against tanks. Use night, and a template weapon to pin the enemy, to get into position.

When playing Japanese, I've found that while they may not win all the time, they always make the opponent pay dearly for a win, rarely getting more than a 4-3 victory (V3).

Have fun with that force! I have a fully painted Kihei force of 3 platoons plus Manchurian cavalry that have never seen the board. As Iron-Tom suggests, I'd never use them for a competitive game. However, I might take them for an upcoming FOW demo day, and pit them against Soviet Cossacks. A swirl of cavalry!

Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:05 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]