View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:33 pm

Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
V4 Autoplay Tankovy 
First Sergeant

The scout cars have historically (V3) had passenger fired .50cals. And??

What you do is bring the 12 (used to be 13 with the command stand) up to 15 inches and blast the target with 36 .50cal shots on the turn you move. Then you drop the guns and get volley fire because they will be at 15.9 inches away...

Interested to hear how that changes in V4...

Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:42 pm
Profile WWW
Captain

In V4, teams dismount by moving away from the transport. So dismounting and volley fire in the same turn will not be an option in V4. As gun teams, the Zis-2's cannot attempt a Blitz to dismount. "Horse Artillery" are the only gun unit that can do a Blitz.

Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:54 am
Profile WWW
Private First Class

I posted this vr on the BF site

Sov Guard Tankovy from DM, 1735 pts.
For the transports, all other Sov books list the Tractors as Passenger Fired. DM does not.

T-34/76 HQ 2.9% 50 Fast Tank, Wide Tracks
10 T-34/76 22.5%. 390
10 T-34/76. 22.5%. 390
3 DShK AA 3.5%. 60
4 Moro AT 57mm ZiS-2.,4 HT w/50cal. 11%. 190. ( not pasenger Fired )
12 moto art ( 3 units of 4 ) ZiS-3, observer, 13 M3A1 w/50cal ( not passenger fired)
3 Priority air Shtum 2M Tip 3 M Flying Tanks

I think this force would do well taking Defend. For Reserves, the 2 tank units go into reserves at 45%. Same for Deep Reserves but at 47.9% with the HQ.

The T-34 is both Fast and Wide Tracts, have a 2+ cross and a 24" Cross Country Dash, so can get into action after they come on quick. These are the hammer.

The anvil is the 16 med ATG's ( 4 AT 11 & 12 AT 9 ) and 17 armed and armored transports w/50cal. Along with 3 Priority air totaling 6 shots of cannon w/ AT 12, FP 4+. The ATG's handle the med armor, the air the heavies, and the transports the inf. This would not get rolled before the armor arrives for the counter stroke.

As victory conditions for the defender is now not that much different from the attacker, I may start moving over to Defend instead of attack.
Have to love the 3+ save for Med guns.

Ed

Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:58 am
Sergeant

Ed are you sure those transorts arent passenger fired and can be used as independent units?

If so, another reason that makes this list autoplay... two underscosted units for the price of one.

Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:16 am
First Sergeant

Soviet Pride wrote:
Ed are you sure those transorts arent passenger fired and can be used as independent units ?

In the book they are listed as NOT passenger fired , but on Force they are passenger fired . :roll:

LES

Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:33 am
Captain

I'd expect that Forces would be more updated.

Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:17 pm
Profile WWW
Private First Class

Each book is standalone item and is the standard that Forces adjusts to. The books do not adjust to Forces, Forces adjust to the books. Errors are found in Forces all the time.

There are many of the same items that have different abilities in different books, so being different is not an issue.

DM was the last book published with the armed and armored transports. Berlin came after DM, and was the last Sov book published, but it does not have Sov armed and armored transports to compare with.

All that said, BF might still say "Oppps", and issue an addendum, but the book should be considered correct untill an addendum of some sort is issued.

Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:11 pm
Captain

Guess we'll see. Good luck with it Ed!

Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:24 pm
Profile WWW
Sergeant

Well said Ed...Thats the spirit of the v4... any other glitchs located that give units «suicide expendable armed transports»???

Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:47 pm
Captain

I think it might be wishful thinking. I'm not seeing why the .50cals would be not passenger fired on the Scout Cars here or when they are passenger fired elsewhere.

But by all means abuse the heck out of it while you can! Indeed that has always been the "spirit" of FoW in tournaments regardless of version. NGFS, BAR, US TDs...No better way to get attention on an broken issue and some formal resolution of it than to go around stomping away with it at tournaments!

Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:12 pm
Profile WWW
Private First Class

As I said, likely to get an addendum at sometime.

I have won many games, and had perfect three 6-1 wins in tourneys with simular lists using them as Passenger Fired in the past, so no heartburn on my part if it does get an addendum.

But as one who has played Sov's since v1, and put up with list sillness such as Bumbars and Hen & Chicks, I find the nashing of teeth over a Sov option very funny.

Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:09 pm
Captain

I'm all for seeing competitive Soviets Ed! I have a ton of the Red Horde myself. Unfortunately I was getting them online just as we went from V2 to V3 so never got to enjoy the 21 T-34/85 goodness before V3 H&C made that not so viable.

I like your list and will run something similar when I can. I played one of my last V3 games against a player from Wisconsin who had the 13 x M3A1 Whites & 12 x Zis-s2. I lost, but had my chances. I'd have done better against them in V4 as that dismount w/ Volley Fire really put my JgPz-IVs facing them at risk. The Blitz-shoot-S&S would have also helped my JgPz's a bit more in V4 in that situation.

And believe me, I do want to run your list as much as you can. I agree with you that the M3A1 passenger fired/not passenger fired .50 cal is likely just an edit away from being addressed. Maybe it already was? Its the Sthurmovicks that are the real broke part of the list in V4. Way too tough and way too deadly. But like with the BAR, we probably won't catch BFs attention on it until all the top placers in in all the big events are running variation of your list. So by all means get at it sir! :)

In the end, V4 Air will be made a bit more susceptible to AAA, or ROF on MG and Cannons for Planes will drop by one. Personally I think the later is right fix. I'm not sure the idea on nine MG shots from three against one infantry team would make a lot of sense. That just seems way too precise for something flying by at over 150mph. I guess BF went with the higher ROF so that pins could be expected.

Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:39 pm
Profile WWW
Sergeant

Ive also a veteran sov player since v1. An in V3 they were perfectly competitive without ussing any gimmicks.

Now, with the V4 release, some soviet units are broken simply because BF rushed the adaptation of EW and LW, and the Soviets are also the army that gets the most out of a broken morale system... this is partially balance by other broken units in other armies. The net result is a huge mess for anybody that likes competitive and fair play... I suppose it will be a rules lawyer paradise.

Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:08 pm
First Sergeant

Iron-Tom wrote:
I'm all for seeing competitive Soviets Ed! I have a ton of the Red Horde myself. Unfortunately I was getting them online just as we went from V2 to V3 so never got to enjoy the 21 T-34/85 goodness before V3 H&C made that not so viable.

I like your list and will run something similar when I can. I played one of my last V3 games against a player from Wisconsin who had the 13 x M3A1 Whites & 12 x Zis-s2. I lost, but had my chances. I'd have done better against them in V4 as that dismount w/ Volley Fire really put my JgPz-IVs facing them at risk. The Blitz-shoot-S&S would have also helped my JgPz's a bit more in V4 in that situation.

And believe me, I do want to run your list as much as you can. I agree with you that the M3A1 passenger fired/not passenger fired .50 cal is likely just an edit away from being addressed. Maybe it already was? Its the Sthurmovicks that are the real broke part of the list in V4. Way too tough and way too deadly. But like with the BAR, we probably won't catch BFs attention on it until all the top placers in in all the big events are running variation of your list. So by all means get at it sir! :)

In the end, V4 Air will be made a bit more susceptible to AAA, or ROF on MG and Cannons for Planes will drop by one. Personally I think the later is right fix. I'm not sure the idea on nine MG shots from three against one infantry team would make a lot of sense. That just seems way too precise for something flying by at over 150mph. I guess BF went with the higher ROF so that pins could be expected.

That guy from Wisconsin is such a cheater!

Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:02 pm
Captain

It was not Allen (cheater). It was a newer guy. A retired Army Colonel who showed up at Wolfkrieg. He ran me down 6-1.

Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:27 pm
Profile WWW
First Sergeant

Iron-Tom wrote:
It was not Allen (cheater). It was a newer guy. A retired Army Colonel who showed up at Wolfkrieg. He ran me down 6-1.

That's good to hear (someone else plays in WI). I would hate for you to have to suffer Allen. ;)

Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:30 pm
First Sergeant

Wow... such love!

The Lee horde was a good list in V3. Might be a REALLY good list in V4...

Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:38 pm
Profile WWW
Captain

He was a good guy Allen. I think he lives in the Fort McCoy area.

He was playing Soviet M4-76mms with Loza, Rockets, and the "Forbes Hammer."

Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:26 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2