View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:24 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
What book do I get, where do I go next 
Private

So I posted this on the flames forum but I wanted to post this here as well in case it missed people:

So I just picked up some Germans after playing Americans a little. I was wondering what book should I pick up to get the most out of the Germans I bought, I also only own the Overlord book so if I can get a dual bang for book that would be cool. I picked up the following:

6 Panzer IV G
3 Panzer IV/70
2 King Tigers
5 Tiger 1
4 marader 3M
3 Bummbars
4 Armoured Rocket Battery
Panzergernaider Platoon

Ive been told to pick up some AA likely next?

Sun Oct 02, 2016 1:49 am
Staff Sergeant

Hi RR,

Just looking real quick of what you listed below ... I think that Desperate Measures would be a good book for you. It has lists for a bunch of PG and Pz kampfgroupes that you would be allowed to use any of the models you have listed. Usually you can choose two flavors of either Trained or Vet variety... and a grand mix of tank types in the same company. In general I love the lists in that book.

Also ... with the 5 tigers and 2 KTs ... there is a trained list where you could use both and fit them in a reasonable pointed list.

Luck!

Kato

Mon Oct 03, 2016 12:40 pm
Corporal

I'm a big fan of the New bulge compilations that came out, as it has a TON of German lists to choose from, Kato is right on the desparate measures books in terms of flexibility for different types of tanks. But in terms of overall list selection, I think the New compilation has a ton of variety.

I would grab some AA, or Infantry. While annoying to paint some more grenadiers, they're like hot sauce....they go with everything.

Tue Oct 04, 2016 2:31 am
Profile WWW
Technical Sergeant

If your panzergrens don't have halftracks, get that.

Then I'd get a recce platoon. The puma box, or two eight rads.

Then I'd get AA. Whatever you need for a list, OR, two or three armored 7/2 and two or three unarmored quads. That gives interchangeable solution for 4 different types.

Then nebs because so many lists can't take the panzerwerfers

Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:21 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]