View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:52 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
1420 - RV - 51st highland Division (Overlord) 
Corporal

reluctant-Veteran - 51st highland Division
HQ cmd Rifle + bagpiper team - 40 pts

1 - Full Rifle - 140 pts
2 - Full Rifle - 140 pts

3 - universal carriers - 80
4 - 4 6pdrs -125
5 - 4 3in mortars -110

All Below is Confident Trained
6 - Full Breaching Group (3 Sherman Crabs + 2 AVRE + 2 AVRE) -195
7 - Full Breaching Group (3 Sherman Crabs + 2 AVRE + 2 AVRE)-195

8 - 3 Crocs-395

When deploying, it counts as 8 platoons. on table, depending on what I choose to deploy, it can be anywhere from 8 platoons to 12 platoons.

This thing is a monster at 1420. So far I've seen a lot of success with it. i thought about 2 croc platoons, but then I lost the advantage of more than 8 platoons when divided during deployment. And I find I like having 10 Shermans to dig stuff out. The crazy thing is the price of these breaching groups. At only 200 points for up to 5 shermans, its a crazy bargain. Also, I only lose the hull MG, and gain overloaded. The list can be a bit tricky, it can't go into the woods, and none of the tanks can assault, since they are engineering equipment, so the infantry are key in mopping up whatever is left.

Its worked well so far, opinions appreciated!

Fri Jun 17, 2016 5:30 pm
Profile WWW
Corporal

What did you play against with this list?

Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:16 pm
Corporal

So I've played against

Westfalen - (win 6-1) - cooked the infantry, assaulted the trap teams with infantry, and basically avoided a platoon of 3 panthers for the game
Japanese Tanks and Infantry (win 6-1)(MG's them to death while they were night attacking me, since I started wtih 13 tanks on table.)
Puma List w 2 KT's, 4 STuHs, and some nebs (bloody 4-3 loss for me, since I couldn't kill the heavies who were sitting on an objective)

KampfGruppe Berlin - 6-1 win, cooked Hitler Youth and assaulted with Infantry, guns were immobile and couldn't get into the fight well
A Fortified List 5-2 (which was a mess against all the AVREs, but I learned that crab flails aren't good at clearing minefields so I lost a platoon or two)
4 reluctant Vet Jagdtigers from Remagen 5-2 win (because Carius died) (Awesome game, got lucky with side shots and killed Carius and another Jagdtiger. Then killed the support and forced morale)

Some other games I played before the Tourneys I went to were wins against; German Mech (Halftracks with Panzer Grenadiers and Panzer IV support) and German Heavy Cats (3 Jagtigers with Bloodbags)

The List is no overpowered, and can definitely be wrecked, but its fun to play, and can do a lot of damage with all that engineering equipment.

Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:59 pm
Profile WWW
First Sergeant

quote - "All Below is Confident Trained
6 - Full Breaching Group (3 Sherman Crabs + 2 AVRE + 2 AVRE) -195
7 - Full Breaching Group (3 Sherman Crabs + 2 AVRE + 2 AVRE)-195

Those 2 platoons are the game changer, but it just does feel right to have 3xcrabs let alone 6. It just seems too cheesy and non historical for a pickup/tourney game. Doing a historical scenario that you know contains minefields, then the breach group seems fine.

Mon Jul 25, 2016 5:33 pm
Corporal

I'm not looking for a way to be a purveyor of cheese obviously. But for the life of me, I couldn't figure out how to make a competitive British Tournament List. I had tried some comets at 1420..which was dumb by me. And I tried the standard British Infantry with a pile of artillery, but it wasn't very mobile, and encouraged camping. I suppose trained Canadian Armor is a possibility with the points, but I've never been able to get that playstyle to work for me.

Any suggestions for a British armored list that can compete but doesn't smell of brie?

Tue Aug 09, 2016 1:56 pm
Profile WWW
First Sergeant

Canadian Armoured Recce , from Overlord

Armoured Recce Squadron HQ - CinC Sherman V, 2iC Sherman V (150 pts)
- Equip Sherman with .50cal AA MG (5 pts)

Armoured Recce Platoon - 4x Sherman V (295 pts)

Armoured Recce Platoon - 4x Sherman V (295 pts)

Lorried Rifle Platoon - Command Rifle/MG, PIAT, Light Mortar, 6x Rifle/MG (150 pts)
- 2x 3-ton lorry (5 pts)

Lorried Carrier Platoon - 3x Universal Carrier (80 pts)
-1x additional hull mounted .50cal MG (10 pts)
- 2x additional hull mounted MG (10 pts)

Lorried Heavy Mortar Platoon - Command Rifle, Observer Rifle, 4x ML 4.2” mortar (130 pts)
- 2x Troop Carrier, Loyd Carrier per mortar (5 pts)

Anti-tank Platoon (SP), Royal Artillery - 4x M10C 17pdr SP (275 pts)

1420 Points, 6 Platoons

LES

Tue Aug 09, 2016 3:21 pm
Corporal

This looks pretty fun Les, I'll check this out. I was following the other thread with the guy starting out. I don't usually play trained armor unless its the Germans, but maybe its time to give it a try.

Thu Aug 11, 2016 5:54 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]