View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:39 am

Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Dano903 in 15mm 
Staff Sergeant

Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:41 am
Private

That looks great dano!

Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:43 pm
Staff Sergeant

added some paint to the previous pix.

Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:41 am
Staff Sergeant

another JR Miniature building... about 95% completed. Tank painted by Peter Wort... 3" cobblestone roads available from myself. commission work available.

Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:36 am
Staff Sergeant

there are a few things going on here... first of all is the next set of Italian styled walls. these will be a generic set, unless there's a request for some 15mm features such as doors, windows, and walkways built in. the next thing are some 3" cobble stones roads. and in the back ground are some of Tressel's TT tracks (pictured with an HO scale car that doesn't fit the track). The tank, OM, and infantry painted by Peter Wort. the walls are made of a floor tile material...including the base. the one good thing about a tiled base is that it's water proof...the bad thing, it may chip if dropped. I did do several drop test onto a cement floor with no issues...so far. the paint and flocking will match any prior set by 90%. it's good to keep the same colors going. In the second pix...I had to hand cut the tile to mimic the curve in the cobblestone road. Once I got a template for it, the in and outside curves were less of an issue. This is very labor intensive, but well worth the work. about 85% completed.

Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:18 am
Staff Sergeant

I'm working on some flower beds and maybe a estate garden. more work is needed.
the tank was painted by Peter Woot

Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:59 am
Staff Sergeant

I'm starting some desert/arid terrain. this is the start of some trees, and a brush line. I'll add some smaller brush clumps with the same arid look... maybe after the Super Bowl.

http://i1179.photobucket.com/albums/x38 ... 5mkjw0.jpg

Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:14 pm
Staff Sergeant

I'm starting some 15mm vineyards along with some slightly detailed trees.

Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:40 pm
Staff Sergeant

hill(s) in the works. this is about 50% completed.

http://i1179.photobucket.com/albums/x38 ... ykfurw.jpg

Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:12 am
Staff Sergeant

I'll be providing some table terrain for a FoW Tournament in Santa Clara April 17-18th. I'm thinking of an Italian walls with villa, a destroyed Stalingrad, and maybe a winter or PoW camp. Any suggestions? thanks for your time!

Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:15 am
Sergeant

Whatever it is, more terrain the better. I got complaints last Pacificon in Santa Clara that my table had 'too much terrain,' which means those softies need a wake up call.

I'm thinking of coming down for that. It'll be really hard for me, but doable.

Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:29 pm
Staff Sergeant

this is the next set of walls being built. almost completed with some nice detailed pieces from a Hirst Art mold. about 90% completed. The doorways, and archways are more for 15mm gaming, and the others are more of a generic scale being used for 28mm as well... imo
questions, comments, suggestions always appreciated. thanks for looking!

Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:15 am
Staff Sergeant

this was a concept build...I think I'm close, but some more thought is needed on this piece. I might need to do make them rectangular shape.

Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:36 am
Staff Sergeant

I made some matching ponds for accents. sort of a entry way, or town center feature.

Image4

Fri Jun 19, 2015 7:14 am
Staff Sergeant

the latest collection of walls. one newer feature is a "pivot" wall. at the end of the plank is a column about the same height of the walls. the end is rounded off, and you when place another wall next to it, you can change the direction of the wall with no gaps. the reflective pools will look nice, and the partially destroyed flower bed separates the two pieces. One random shaped pond, and a small walled enclosed area for ammo/supplies round off this set.

Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:31 pm
Staff Sergeant

here's the next set of wired obstacles... hand crafted, but that might be a bad thing. I'm using a 2x8" beveled Masonite plank...professionally cut by hannisonwoodworks from the etsy.com site. if you have a need for something like this, he is highly recommended. especially if you don't have the equipment to cut these pieces, his prices are really reasonable. for the obstacles...the stakes come in a straight and "X" shape. I like to mix and match them a bit, place openings, and some destroyed wired features. the wire is looped a bit big for 15mm, but I can rewind these a bit smaller. questions, comments, suggestions??? these are about 80%. I have some Gamer's grass to add, and I need to acid some more wire (in other words...soak it in vinegar overnight.

Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:09 am
Staff Sergeant

here's a sample of some wired obstacles, and the wire I use. the darker rust looking wire was given a bath in vinegar overnight. the results are as shown, however, results will vary. I used some household red wine vinegar, but most vinegars can be used. some tricks are to submerge the wire completely, use a useless plastic container, and don't let your wife know you're using her vinegar...just go to the dollar store. The wire in the center is how it is delivered...very bright. I used two styled wood dowels to wrap the wire around them...scrunch the wire together, then remove from the dowels, and apply to the desired plank. The smaller wound wire for 15mm, and the larger wound wire for BA and/or Dust. These could also be used for a free standing obstacle, and/or wired accents to buildings etc.

Sat Jun 27, 2015 7:39 am
Staff Sergeant

here's are some plowed fields, bombed out roads, minefields, and wired obstacles. The wired obstacles are an item I scratch built, and the other three items are a resin product purchased from the 15mm Market Place from Greg. I will offer these up for sale, but I need to hear back from one member first. questions, comments, suggestions?
I will add a bit of clump, and brush to the pieces...so 95% completed.

Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:58 am
Staff Sergeant

this is a few things... 1) a FoW Objective marker, and 2) some terrain work for 15mm. I came across this old work of mine, and thought i'd post it.

Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:57 am
Staff Sergeant

JR Miniature Reichstag building... received today! It has three floors and a roof top. The ground level is molded into the building. the next two levels are removable, and then there's the roof top! excellent looking building! I think the plan will be to sand down the floor edges a little. the second level is tough getting in and out, but that's a resin issue. Next will be the cleaning, dull coating, then the primer. this will take a few days. this weekend the painting begins! No idea on colors yet, but I think the domes with be an antique brass/bronze looking thing. Lots of details to paint around the windows and doors. Once completed...the accessories! I'm thinking of a cobblestone courtyard with some built-in rails for the trollies. I think this will get me started! A very nice transaction with the purchase, and plenty of popcorn packing material! thanks again to Mr. Busby

Wed Sep 02, 2015 4:42 am
Private

God that looks really impressive. I look forward to see what you manage to do with it!

Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:13 pm
Staff Sergeant

Tossidin wrote:
God that looks really impressive. I look forward to see what you manage to do with it!

I found this on facebook...paid a few dollars for it, but it is well worth it! 3 interior floors, and excellent detailing to the domes. I also have a Russian objective marker with the flag. this should be very nice.

Wed Sep 02, 2015 3:54 pm
Staff Sergeant

first attempt at an elevated rice field. there are several different crops, and again...it's my first attempt. some of the fields are flooded. I hope to make some more that are somewhat modular in style. this is a corner piece, and I'll make some center table pieces. this could also be scaled for BA. questions, comments, suggestions?

Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:21 am
Staff Sergeant

this gives me an idea for rivers as well.

Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:23 am
Staff Sergeant

This is the start of the painting for this beast. About 5% completed. at the same time, I'm working on some street barricades.

Sun Sep 20, 2015 5:21 am
Reply to topic   [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next